Chat Clubs

India-Forums

Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

Random Ramblers Timbuktoo#66!!!! (Page 47)

psawyer IF-Stunnerz
psawyer
psawyer

Posted: 29 January 2011 at 11:29am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nureat01

Very true....they showed major character groW*H for Brennan in those scenes....showing her thinking from her heart and expressing it like you said....Definitely. I was so proud of Brennan in this scene, not only for the fact that she held it together and didn't a)fall at Booth's feet in a puddle of tears, b) attack him vindictively for no reason etc but also for finally learning to accept the rationality of the heart. Ironic or course since Booth is the one who's always taught her that. 

I absolutely LOVED the moment after Max gives her the shell and says, "I know you're going to say that's not the sound of the ocean, Dad...it's the sound of the blood rushing through your ears" and Brennan replies, "But you always said it was the sound of the ocean, Dad" and there's a pause as Max just looks at her...I found that SO touching....then he smiles and changes the topic and says he's leaving....and Brennan doesn't say anything else either....but what wasn't said in that scene was really sweet to me.....it touched Max's heart that she believed him...in more ways than one after all this time....and the way that bond b/w them was deepened....very sweetly shown.  I loved this scene too. Brennan was always a daddy's girl and had this love-hate relationship towards him, even after he came back, since she couldn't accept his criminal past and reason with it. But in this scene she just gave herself to one of the only relationships she's had and just let it flow. Like in the Brennan POV ep, she took the leap and tried to cross the bridge in the relationships that mean the most to her. 

Yep exactly....his eyes and his body language conveyed that he WANTED her to say something, to understand....but she didn't say much....clearly keeping her defense mechanisms firmly in place to block out all the hurt and trying to keep a distance....but Booth being as shaken up as he was by this incident....in a sense this is starting to turn his world upside down and he is unconsciously turning to Brennan to anchor him again....wanting her to understand...wanting her to tell him that he isn't wrong Exactly. I'm willing to bet that Hannah doesn't know as much about Booth's sniper past (beyond that he was a sniper, anyway) or his fears about killing as Brennan does. I remember that scene in the cemetery in one episode where he tells her he remembers exactly how many people he killed. And his sniper friend's dismissal that Booth never could "kill if he could find another way" shook Booth up once again. And in this tumult, I think he's beginning to realise that he's not only lost Brennan as a love, but also as his best friend, the one person in all the world who would not judge him for anything. 

I do still feel a bit confused about HOW he felt he had let someone down....it was kind of a cryptic comment that can be interpreted in various ways I guess.....I assume he meant Brennan? But was it in relation to just the sniper or on other deeper levels as well like it was for the "you should have waited for me" line?
I interpreted it in three ways - 1) the obvious, letting the sniper go, and not catching the killer of the woman in the apartment, 2) that he realised that he had let Brennan down before (by choosing Hannah) and that he was hurting about that and 3) that what he had thought in that Brennan POV episode was that he couldn't let Hannah down by choosing Brennan. 

It also occurs to me now that perhaps he thought that the sniper had unfairly killed Taffet before she could be properly punished for what she did to the victim, especially Brennan. Yes, she deserved to die and I don't think that he or anyone else is sad about that...just that it was a missed opportunity to punish her for kidnapping Brennan. And that in the overreaching arch, he had not let Brennan down when she was taken by the Gravedigger and he had fought to bring her back...and maybe he thought this was his responsibility to see it to the end. Maybe this one is stretching it a bit, though. 

Good point....I wonder too...they were fine otherwise in the epi cuz the work dynamic was back....but beyond that, I also think there would be awkwardness....they don't really show them alone together talking about something other than the case....this might change in next week's epi with the discussion about loving one person the most as per the preview. Looking forward to that episode, and hoping it doesn't do the "one step forward, three steps back" thing. I swear, if after the "You only love one person" bit, Booth says that Hannah is that person for him, I will personally pay the sniper two million dollars to take out Booth AngryLOL
[/QUOTE]

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

AreYaar

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 29 January 2011 at 11:29am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Melissa

Now I'm all sad for Booth. Just a day ago, I thought that I wouldn't feel a thing for Booth even he comes down on his knees to apologise to Brennan for being a jerk. I actually thought he deserved to be kicked. But his look at Brennan.....his desperation to justify himself to her, those saddened eyes.....Ouch Poor Booth. Why does he have to be such an honorable man? He still has a chance with Brennan. He can still make her smile......if only he tries. But he is just letting it all go....because clearly he doesn't think it is right to ditch Hannah for his 'real love'. Uggghhhh....just dump Hannah and be what you used to be with Brennan. She won't turn you down the second time. There is a sweet sorrow in watching Booth like this.....and I don't mind it. But still, I do feel sad for him.

Actually you know what the irony will be? Even if he dumps Hannah or vice versa....whatever happens to make him break up with Hannah....and if he then even tries to convince Brennan again for another chance....will she really be able to believe again so easily? It took a LOT to bring Brennan to that level to manage to tell him....and it's not like Booth told her that he still loves her....for all practical purposes he made it appear that he now loves Hannah and he's moved on....Brennan being Brennan....will she so easily manage to BELIEVE again? If one thing falls into place, another changes naa.....lol.....Firstly I want to see if BOOTH manages to reach that level of belief again....his eyes show it but I don't know if he's realized it himself otherwise....cuz if he now wants to ask Brennan, he GENUINELY needs to work at making her BELIEVE again....in love....love that lasts.....cuz as of now he's basically proved what she always thought....that it never lasts....and everyone leaves.....HE will have to work at convincing her again otherwise.

Loved the music in this scene too.....so beautiful!

Watch it before Fox randomly deletes itLOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Melissapsawyer

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 29 January 2011 at 11:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by psawyer

Exactly. I'm willing to bet that Hannah doesn't know as much about Booth's sniper past (beyond that he was a sniper, anyway) or his fears about killing as Brennan does. I remember that scene in the cemetery in one episode where he tells her he remembers exactly how many people he killed. And his sniper friend's dismissal that Booth never could "kill if he could find another way" shook Booth up once again. And in this tumult, I think he's beginning to realise that he's not only lost Brennan as a love, but also as his best friend, the one person in all the world who would not judge him for anything. Oh I was TOTALLY reminded of the cemetery scene from season one too....one of my all time fav. BnB scenes....the way Booth opened up to her there and the way Brennan consoled him and was just there for him....I'm also quite sure he hasn't given Hannah any details about his sniper past like he told Brennan....his relationship with Hannah as it is is quite superficial....shows in the way also in the previous epi where he lied to her and made it appear that he never had much feelings for Brennan...and the way they both talk in this flippant, superficial sort of manner about everything is something I find damn annoying.

And yes, Booth is most definitely starting to realize that NO ONE understands him in that sense like Brennan does cuz they've shared SO MUCH together....she knows him in ways that no one does because of all that they've been through together....the love toh chalo didn't get a chance cuz Brennan was scared first but HE is the one that DELIBERATELY lost that friendship too cuz of this jerk-like behaviour.....so yes, all this tumult in his life thanks to the sniper should lead to him realizing a lot of truths of his life concerning Brennan and what she means in his life.

I interpreted it in three ways - 1) the obvious, letting the sniper go, and not catching the killer of the woman in the apartment, 2) that he realised that he had let Brennan down before (by choosing Hannah) and that he was hurting about that and 3) that what he had thought in that Brennan POV episode was that he couldn't let Hannah down by choosing Brennan. I'll choose option#2....sounds the best to meDay DreamingLOL.....even one works....but noooooooooo to #3....Booo Hannah BoooooooAngryLOL

Looking forward to that episode, and hoping it doesn't do the "one step forward, three steps back" thing. I swear, if after the "You only love one person" bit, Booth says that Hannah is that person for him, I will personally pay the sniper two million dollars to take out Booth AngryLOL

LMAO I'll personally pay the sniper in that case too....haha......I think though it will actually be Brennan who will take Hannah's name....and say something like, "You mean Hannah, right?" and he'll either  just mumble a yeah (very unconvincingly) or just look at her and not say anything

Edited by nureat01 - 29 January 2011 at 11:41am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Melissapsawyer

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 29 January 2011 at 11:51am | IP Logged
This VM is so cute! So many of the best BnB momentsDay Dreaming I feel like having a Bones marathon again of the good ol' epis!

Melissa

Melissa IF-Rockerz
Melissa
Melissa

Posted: 29 January 2011 at 11:53am | IP Logged
@Vasu......for me, the 'I just didn't want to let anyone down' line was his desperate attempt to make Brennan understand the dilemma he was in. That he did the right thing by not dumping Hannah. And also the fact that he didn't mean to cause Brennan so much pain, but he ended up doing so. Maybe I'm just trying to fit in the answers that I wanted to hear from Booth, but now I just feel that that was exactly what he was trying to make Brennan understand. If she would have given some cryptic reply or would have shown some understanding gesture, he probably would have felt a little better. But she didn't show any glimpse of understanding beyond what the line meant for the case. He returned his gaze to her after dividing his attention to Caroline and Max, still trying hard to get through her. She returned him a leveled look, but that was about it. And when he saw her smiling in that manner with her father.....being so happy after a long time.....and him not being the person to make her smile......it hurt him a lot. If anything, he will probably now think that Brennan is better off without him.

@Anu.....that's what I'm saying. Booth should go back to being the friend he was to Brennan. Sure, it isn't easy....but it is worth the try. Off course, he isn't as certain of ending up with Brennan as much as we are of seeing them end up with each otherLOL, but he is being a hypocrite now. He clearly understands that fact that he isn't as happy with Hannah as he wishes himself to be. Seeing Brennan slipping away from him is making him miserable. Yet, he would opt for the easy way, than go back to square one and work hard to get Brennan. I don't expect him to expect that if he proposes Brennan now, she will say yes. But he should go for the uncertain outcome than choose the one in which he will always be in dilemma. But well, I somehow can understand him today. Anyone in his position will probably choose the person whom he likes well enough and who loves him back, as in go for what he already has.......than chase what he can only hope to have. Sad lives these people have.....and we take pleasure watching them being all depressed....lol.

AreYaar

Melissa IF-Rockerz
Melissa
Melissa

Posted: 29 January 2011 at 12:01pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nureat01

Originally posted by psawyer

Looking forward to that episode, and hoping it doesn't do the "one step forward, three steps back" thing. I swear, if after the "You only love one person" bit, Booth says that Hannah is that person for him, I will personally pay the sniper two million dollars to take out Booth AngryLOL

LMAO I'll personally pay the sniper in that case too....haha......I think though it will actually be Brennan who will take Hannah's name....and say something like, "You mean Hannah, right?" and he'll either  just mumble a yeah (very unconvincingly) or just look at her and not say anything

@blue.....I will help you guys in collecting two million dollars, to ensure that Booth pays for the nonsense he mouthsLOL.

@pink.....LMAO....I would love to see that! It would be such a kick on Booth's stomach if Brennan says something like that. Although he will hurt inside, but well, he should lie on the bed he made. He did work really hard to make Brennan understand how much he is in love with Hannah. Brennan will just be saying out loud the stuff that Booth so convincingly planted in her mind.

AreYaar

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 29 January 2011 at 12:05pm | IP Logged

If anything, he will probably now think that Brennan is better off without him. oh GOD! Not THAT please.....*sigh* Just what we need...more wrong presumptionsLOL....

Anyone in his position will probably choose the person whom he likes well enough and who loves him back, as in go for what he already has.......than chase what he can only hope to have. Sad lives these people have.....and we take pleasure watching them being all depressed....lol. But can he REALLY think that with ease after what happened in epi 9? In that moment, it went beyond something he could hope to have...it became real then....Brennan had finally worked up the courage.....but now it's all back to square one cuz timing was wrong...timing is the bigger issue here than anything else....now Booth can't use the excuse that he could never have had anything with Brennan cuz that chance DID come up...but he chose Hannah....for loyalty, honor...whatever the reason....he chose Hannah...and now he's just going along with it....cuz in a sense the chance with Brennan came and was kinda lost again....maybe that's how he's looking at it.....so yeah, sad and twisted lives these ppl have...lol....but honestly if Booth doesn't work up the belief again, what will become of BnB? Hannah has to go sooner or later.

Another VM I was just watching.....really sweet....despite some patchy editing....but the smiles and the lyrics have been so nicely used together....ahh I miss this BnB

Melissa

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 29 January 2011 at 12:10pm | IP Logged

@pink.....LMAO....I would love to see that! It would be such a kick on Booth's stomach if Brennan says something like that. Although he will hurt inside, but well, he should lie on the bed he made. He did work really hard to make Brennan understand how much he is in love with Hannah. Brennan will just be saying out loud the stuff that Booth so convincingly planted in her mind.

Oh most DEFINITELY....he has completely convinced Brennan that he is totally in love with Hannah....so she will deffo spout out this stuff every chance she gets now...lol....cuz that is so Brennan.....she will basically repeat and regurgitate LOUDLY everything he's said to her about Hannah....and in the most inappropriate of ways and times...haha.....should be hilariousLOL....

Booth might be hurt.....but more importantly he'll be confused and off-balance.....which is BADLY needed to shake him out of his "my life is perfect with Hannah" nonsenseLOL

Melissa

Go to top