Chat Clubs

India-Forums

Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

Random Ramblers Timbuktoo#66!!!! (Page 16)

nimrah IF-Rockerz
nimrah
nimrah

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 3:02pm | IP Logged
Lol Anu! LOL Its not a heated religious discussion.. Just a heated discussion over Veena Malik with a tinge of religious POV! LOL

That aside, I LOVED this song.. Kabhi aya karo ji, saadi gali bhul ke bhi! Quite a catchy song.. When is the movie releasing? and yes, Madhavan is just so adorable in the movie! LOL 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Fivr-AreYaar

nimrah IF-Rockerz
nimrah
nimrah

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 3:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by incandescence

Nimrah...I haven't watched the show so can't really comment on it but I just don't want it to be made into another Meera-kiss like scandal. I get your sentiments about representing Pakistan...trust me as I said...I HATED her...she was disgusting and cheap....par tumhe lagta hai ke sab yeh is liye kar rahein hain ke yeh sudhar jai and that she'll realize what her mistakes were? Tum mujhe batao kiya usse nahin pata us ne kiya kya hai? Arey, she'll know what public thinks of her sooner or later...don't you worry about  it. But let me tell you something, more than defaming her, these media ppl will make her more popular....cash upon her BB publicity...you wait. 

Lol.. chalo I agree with you here.. Its a bit naive of me to assume that by this Veena Malik will sudhro or anything.. LOL Yeah Veena Malik knows what she did there and doesn't regret it one bit.. and yeah the media is so going to cash on her popularity. Today also there was this pachaas minute show on her.. LOL where Sania Saeed and Atiqa Odho were supporting her and Syed Noor was against her.. LOL

*Edit: On another note, I drank pathan ke hotel ki chai for the first time today! LOL College ke saamne there is this pathan ka hotel.. We stand in front of the grills and the waiter comes and takes our order.. LOL So we had some chai from that hotel today.. LOL

Anyway, I'm off.. I have to study bohat sara tomorrow! :((

Edited by nimrah - 22 January 2011 at 3:11pm

-Fivr-incandescence

incandescence IF-Sizzlerz
incandescence
incandescence

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 3:15pm | IP Logged
Oooohhh another bhangra-shadi song! My sisters are gonna love it. Isn't that 'Kabhi saadi gali bhul ke...' line from an old song?...is this a remix of some song?...the lyrics sounds familiar..

Edit:

LOL..Main ne toh kabhi chai hi nahin pi...pathan ki hotel ki toh dur ki baat...waise honestly, I would never eat or drink anything out of these pathan hotels..you definitely are more adventurous..LOL

Edited by incandescence - 22 January 2011 at 3:19pm

-Fivr-AreYaar

nimrah IF-Rockerz
nimrah
nimrah

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 3:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by incandescence

LOL..Main ne toh kabhi chai hi nahin pi...pathan ki hotel ki toh dur ki baat...waise honestly, I would never eat or drink anything out of these pathan hotels..you definitely are more adventurous..LOL

Lol.. I don't like chai much either.. but all my friends were having it, so I was like okay, I'll have some too! LOL One of my friend kept on saying how these pathan hotels mix niswar in the chai.. ROFL But suna tha k bohut mazay ki hoti hai, so had to try it! LOL
-Fivr- Moderator
-Fivr-
-Fivr-

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 3:43pm | IP Logged
@Mash: Lol! Pata nahi yaar kaunsi movie thie but she was "dhak dhak dhak' and lachka-ing and what not and my mom was like "Tauba!"..  That ended her researching spree in a jiffy! ROFL

@Nimrah: Yaar I know that everyone was abusing everyone in that show - TRPs and what not. But if we can get upset at her for not presenting herself properly in a show (be it by actions or words) then on the other hand we can't stand for her when she's being abused? Toh jab WOH gali dey toh she's defaming Pakistan, but when someone else gives her a gali it's just aimed at her individually and not at all of Pakistan?!

That's what bothers me k we are so double minded in this whole Veena Malik deal. Aik taraf we expect the world of manners from her but dosri taraf we extend her none because in our mind she doesn't deserve any?! If her actions demeaned Pakistan on the whole then don't you think this needs to be fixed on a broader level? AB bolne sey kya faida? When she was doing this in our own industry, on TV and in gathering TAB kisi ne kiyoun nahi samjhaya? AB kiyoun bol rahey hain?

Aur bol kaise rahey hain.. I have NO qualms in telling her is wrong. She is! But to do so using the lame excuse of "Pakistan ki Izzat" and then doing it on a public forum - THAT I have a problem with. There were better ways to say this - to let the displeasure be known. Aisey public mein us ki beizzati kar k kya hasil hua? Jisko samajhna hota woh bhi nah samjhey aisey toh.. If it was me in her place being targeted, even I wouldn't listen.. And I toh like to think of myself as semi-decent.

You say the maulvi did nothing wrong? My only complaint with him is the way he decided to do this. He shouldn't have commented on her work and her dignity in public. Usney jo bhi kiya woh kiya, but if we are continuing with this moral policing, then we should start at home. If SHE was wrong in what she did in BB then we are wrong now in how we're handling it. Calling in abuses, discussing her character and demeaning her does nothing to serve the purpose of "samjhaing" her. This has probably just made her hate maulvis and find Islam as being regressive.

Mujhey message sey problem nahi hai, mujhey jis tarhan sey message samjhaya gaya hai US SEY problem hai. And mujhey problem is baat sey hai k we are okay with being hypocritical - daily life mein yehi sab chaley ga, sab larkiyan larkey aisey hi karaingai aur hum sab dekhaingai. But koi national TV ye kar dey toh achanak sey Pakistan ki qaum jaag jati hai. Bhai jagna hai toh har roz jago aur KHUD ko sudharo. Dosron ko sudharne ka kya matlab hai - jaise khud toh sab dhoodh k dhuley hain. If everyone works to "fix" their wrongs the entire country will be better. But sab dosre pe ungli utha ley, khud ka ghar jaye chooley mein.. Confused

@Anu: LOL!!! Yaar I agree with Mash and Nimrah.. Discussion toh Veena Malik pe hai. Woh toh religion ka tinge hai.. LOL

Edited by -Fivr- - 22 January 2011 at 6:23pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

incandescence

-Fivr- Moderator
-Fivr-
-Fivr-

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 3:52pm | IP Logged
OOOOOO!! I LOVE this song from TWM! I didn't know it was from this movie! I've been looking for it.. bass naam yaad nahi aa raha tha.. *excited muh* ROFL

*starts dancing*

@Nimrah: Dude you drank chai?! Mere ko toh chai bilkul pasand nahi.. LOL But since you've had it - what's the verdict? Achi thie k nahi..? Did it live up to the hype.. ? ROFL

Edited by -Fivr- - 22 January 2011 at 3:53pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

AreYaar

LadyMcbeth IF-Sizzlerz
LadyMcbeth
LadyMcbeth

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 5:11pm | IP Logged
I am angry ... Angry that I wasted my time, money and effort on a worthless movie called Dhobi Ghat. Angry because I believed that the name Aamir Khan was enough to go watch the movie without reading any previews or reviews. Angry because I could've spent that time peacefully sleeping next to my LO ....

Statutory Warning: Watching Dhobi Ghat is injurious to your health!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Fivr-nimrahAreYaar

-Fivr- Moderator
-Fivr-
-Fivr-

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 5:27pm | IP Logged
Wow LadyM.. It was that bad?! I was thinking because it's an Aamir Khan movie it might be good.. Stern Smile But you had to miss sleep for a movie that you didn't like? *sympathetic muh* I TOTALLY understand - I think I get murderous when stuff like this happens to me and I miss my sleep..

Waise, you up for a movie review..? Just out of curiosity.. Embarrassed

Go to top