Chat Clubs

India-Forums

Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

Random Ramblers Timbuktoo#66!!!! (Page 135)

incandescence IF-Sizzlerz
incandescence
incandescence

Posted: 28 February 2011 at 2:13pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nureat01

Originally posted by incandescence

I'm just so bad at making small talk. Right now, I'm reading an artcle on ehow.com on 'how to make small talk'...utter bulshit it is!

*gets a visual in her head of Mash's DISGUSTED expression while reading this article* LOLLOLLOL

Have I ever told you how ADORABLE your crankiness is about awkwardness with small talk?LOL

It's not that adorable when you are me. I really get into trouble for it...Ami ko acha nahin lagta. According to her: Sab ko lagta hai pata nahin kis aasman par rehti hai yeh larki. And I have reached the age where my mother wants me to get hitched soon...so she wants me to be 'nice' and 'polite' to ppl...sab se muskra kar milo...*rolls eyes* Aik toh Ami ko pata nahin kyun nahin dikhta I'm not mature enough to handle a relationship...Ouch

Oh and about that article...aik minute

Instructions

1. 1

Practice. Converse with everyone you come across: cashiers, waiters, people you're in line with, neighbors, co-workers and kids. Chat with folks unlike yourself, from seniors to teens to tourists.

2. 2

Read everything: cookbooks, newspapers, magazines, reviews, product inserts, maps, signs and catalogs. Everything is a source of information that can be discussed.

3. 3

Force yourself to get into small talk situations, like doctors' waiting rooms, cocktail parties and office meetings. Accept invitations, or host your own gathering.

4. 4

Immerse yourself in culture, both high and low. Television, music, sports, fashion, art and poetry are great sources of chat. If you can't stand Shakespeare, that too is a good topic for talk.

5. 5

Keep a journal. Write down funny stories you hear, beautiful things you see, quotes, observations, shopping lists and calls you made. That story of the long-distance operator misunderstanding you could become an opening line.

6. 6

Talk to yourself in the mirror. Make a random list of topics and see what you have to say on the subjects. Baseball, Russia, butter, hip-hop, shoes ...the more varied your list, the better.

7. 7

Expand your horizons. Go home a new way. Try sushi. Play pinball. Go online. Paint a watercolor. Bake a pie. Try something new every day.

8. 8

Be a better listener. Did your boss just say she suffers from migraines? Did your doctor just have twins? These are opportunities for making small talk.

9. 9

Work on confidence, overcoming shyness and any feelings of stage fright. Remember, the more you know, the more you know you can talk about.

@bold...BULLSHIT!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Fivr-nimrahAreYaar

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 28 February 2011 at 2:17pm | IP Logged

1. Talk to yourself in the mirror. Make a random list of topics and see what you have to say on the subjects. Baseball, Russia, butter, hip-hop, shoes ...the more varied your list, the better.

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL 

My sister is an EXPERT at thisLOL

-Fivr-nimrahincandescence

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 28 February 2011 at 2:19pm | IP Logged
Ohhhhh so rishte vishte aa rahe hain Mash ke liye?? awwwwwww *pulls your cheeks* Yeah I get those lectures from Mom from time to time as well....I have a short fuse....lol.....but in general, I'm considered an ok candidate since I can cook and stuff.....makes me oh so "invaluable"ROFL

-Fivr-nimrahincandescence

incandescence
incandescence

Posted: 28 February 2011 at 2:24pm | IP Logged

Nope....you'll only get brownie points if you WATCH itTongue......Only Fivr is the exception to the rule hereTongueLOL

LOL...I was gonna watch it in  a minute abhi...then I'll watch LTL too before going to sleep.

Have you watched The Social Network, Mash? This convo about social awkwardness reminded me....lol......it's a really good movie....not necessarily factually accurate but very well made otherwise.....Zuckerberg's character in it is like MAJORLY socially awkward....lol

And it's not really about being socially awkward....it's about being ...umm...socially irritated W*H me. People, lots of them together, irritate me....then their pointless gossip iritates me more. Yeh extended family gatherings toh is just so mind numbingly boring and stupid, sachi.

Edited by incandescence - 28 February 2011 at 2:25pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Fivr-AreYaar

incandescence
incandescence

Posted: 28 February 2011 at 2:43pm | IP Logged

Ohhhhh so rishte vishte aa rahe hain Mash ke liye?? awwwwwww *pulls your cheeks* Yeah I get those lectures from Mom from time to time as well....I have a short fuse....lol.....but in general, I'm considered an ok candidate since I can cook and stuff.....makes me oh so "invaluable"ROFL

LOL Andddd you are, in some way, sweet and polite too. Mera toh kuch nahin ho sakta yaar. And you get to a certain age and are average looking and not that stupid..yeh rishtey vishtey ke toh chakar chalte hi rehtein hain. Sleepy

Mera is wakt toh aisa temperament nahin hai keh main kisi ko bardasht kar sakoon. I'm not the 'mujhey shadi nahin karni'...'shadi is barbadi' type person. I live in a society and family where I have accepted the fact that I HAVE to get married at a certain point in my life...and I do realize the importance of marriage and getting married at a certain age...but now that the time has come and everyone around me is like 'ab bas...ab is ki shadi hojani chahiye'...it freaks me out. I have also always rooted for arrange marriage...par ab mujhe samajh nahin ata how I'll live with a person I hardly know. I should have fallen in love only....Unhappy

-Fivr-nimrahAreYaar

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 28 February 2011 at 2:50pm | IP Logged

I have also always rooted for arrange marriage...par ab mujhe samajh nahin ata how I'll live with a person I hardly know. I should have fallen in love only....Unhappy

Awww MashHugHugHug *sigh* I know what you mean....I personally feel all freaked out too when they start talking REALLY seriously about this stuff with me.....some things are hard to imagine.....practical toh main bhi hoon.....but then I also wonder how it will all work outConfusedLOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

incandescence

incandescence
incandescence

Posted: 28 February 2011 at 3:10pm | IP Logged
*sigh* Chodo yaar...jo hona hoga ho jaiga...main toh bus fuzool main hyper ho gai....kabhi kabhi sochti hoon...maybe my mother should have got me married at a young age of 16-18 only like some of my cousins...itni akal toh thi nahin us wakt...chup chap kar lete shadi...ini tension bhi na hoti..

Khair...this is such an awwwwwwwwwww VM Anu. The lyrics are so beautifully set on those scenes...aww...this is such a sweet VM!

Ok so here's the random DN vm....lol.....just made it for those few lines....

Edit:

Andd I see how you are just 'liking' the posts, Fivr....abhi sar par pari nahin hai na tumhare is liye...LOL

Edited by incandescence - 28 February 2011 at 3:13pm

-Fivr-nimrahAreYaar

-Fivr- Moderator
-Fivr-
-Fivr-

Posted: 28 February 2011 at 3:35pm | IP Logged

LOL!!! Nahi yaar - I was "Liking" the post because I'd gotten busy suddenly so I couldn't comment.. Lol, toh I wanted to make my presence felt through "Likes".. Embarrassed

I know mere sir pe abhi parhi nahi hai - I still have a good 3-4 years before they become seriously worried and start having sit-downs with me. But I don't think I'll be able to adjust either. I'm too much of a loner so I really don't know how I'll find the patience to jhelofy someone 24x7 in the same house/room. And I really don't like being social with people.. It's my mom who keeps calling people over or keeps going over to meet them every other weekend or so. Warna if it's just on me, I wouldn't even leave the house. And I usually don't on weekends. I just go to work and back. Toh is liye even my mom sometimes tells me k I should become more "visible" in the social circles so people KNOW who I am. But I find the whole idea of marketing myself pretty ridiculous.. And too much of an effort honestly. Confused Khair.. I try not to think about it too much.. Jo hona hoga ho jaye ga.. *shrugs*

But I was seriously "Liking" the article with tips on how to start small talk.. LOL!!! Talk to yourself in the mirror! Oh and write down anecdotes..?! ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL Oh and how exactly does baking a pie help someone's social skills?! ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

P.S. I get brownie points!! *hogs the brownie points bag and skips around the CC* LOLLOL 

Edited by -Fivr- - 28 February 2011 at 3:55pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

nimrahAreYaar

Go to top