Chat Clubs

India-Forums

Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

Random Ramblers Timbuktoo#66!!!! (Page 104)

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 20 February 2011 at 12:57pm | IP Logged
@Mash: LOL I don't know.....given how that girl is labeling the WHOLE thing as a Khuda Gawaah ripoff....I find it excessive....I agree that it was a great scene in the movie but why just reduce the DN one to being called a "ripoff"?? Don't quite feel that way.....I see major differences in the DN scene apart from the similarity of him grabbing the sword while he's hugging her.....and the whole "hero-heroine" meeting after ages is a standard thing in nearly every movie/soap.....each one stands on its own....why would the DN be reduced to a so called "ripoff" of KG is beyond me *shrugs*

incandescence IF-Sizzlerz
incandescence
incandescence

Posted: 20 February 2011 at 1:03pm | IP Logged
^Haan complete ripoff toh nahin keh sakte isse...and it has been used many times too I guess....not that I took offense..I'm a huge fan of the film. It makes me cry balti bhar bhar ke...lol...
AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 20 February 2011 at 1:05pm | IP Logged
Anyways, I haven't watched the whole of KG in a long time now.....must have last watched it in my childhood.....but I remember the other scene more vividly....the initial ones when Badshah and Benazir meet in that contest where they are all fighting over who picks up the dead lamb/goat whatever it is....and he sees her for the first time and is all "love at first sight" and stuff....lol

Anyways so just watched this climax scene again and truly what superb actors AB and Sridevi were.....especially the fire in Sridevi's bloodshot eyes when she turns to look at that guy trying to bring down the sword on them.....

Liked this description in the info section of that vid too:

Khuda Gawah also had mediocrity, but that was sandwiched between a breathtaking start and a memorable 'circle of life'-ish ending. While the action choreography could have been handled with more class, the climax nevertheless has a rugged charm due to the concept, the backdrop, the music as well as the chemistry between the 2 central characters Benazir & Baadshah (played by Sridevi and Amitabh) separated for numerous years. I was bowled over by this sequence when I first saw it aged 17 and I am still not tired of having one more look at it.

Somehow vaguely reminds me of how we talk of LTL and the greatness to its narrative beyond all the surface melodramaLOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

incandescence

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 20 February 2011 at 1:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by incandescence

^Haan complete ripoff toh nahin keh sakte isse...and it has been used many times too I guess....not that I took offense..I'm a huge fan of the film. It makes me cry balti bhar bhar ke...lol...

LOL this movie makes you cry?LOLLOL......

Somehow it's never made me cry but yeah I do think some bits were quite cool....lol....and the epicness of the whole last scene comes through really well....especially the bit when they finally reach other after all those years apart and Badshah strikes a pose for bit as if to say, "Don't I look great?" lol and Benazir just grabs him in a hug....and then the ending where they both are riding the horses together and grab that villain and throw him off the cliff or something....lol....they both looked so regal doing thatLOL.....statuesque characters with superb screen-presence.

I've read somewhere that this is the #1 all-time fav. movie in Afghanistan or something....LOL
incandescence
incandescence

Posted: 20 February 2011 at 1:14pm | IP Logged
You know Anu, if you don't remember much of it and have watched it in your childhood, go rent a DVD. I don't think I understood the emotions, the pathos of their separation, their relationship when I was a kid.

Anyway, thank GOD they aren't taking much inspiration from that movie...Baadshah and Benazir met after SEVENTEEN years, you know.

LOL@it being the #1 movie in Afghanistan. I don't know anyone who likes it as much as I do except my mother. She's a big fan too. We never leave an opportunity to watch this movie if it's airing on any channel.

Edited by incandescence - 20 February 2011 at 1:18pm
AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 20 February 2011 at 1:20pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by incandescence

You know Anu, if you don't remember much of it and have watched it in your childhood, go rent a DVD. I don't think I understood the emotions, the pathos of their separation, their relationship when I was a kid.

Anyway, thank GOD they aren't taking much inspiration from that movie...Baadshah and Benazir met after SEVENTEEN years, you know.

I do remember the basic plot, MashLOL

They meet in that dead lamb grabbing contest or whatever.....love at first sight....get married soon thereafter....and then he has to go to India to serve time since he killed some guy or something and he had promised that police commissioner or someone that he'll come back and he tells Benazir that he will come back soon.....then there's the song "tu na jaa mere Badshah" song....lol.....and they are seperated for many years....he gets trapped in an Indian jail or something and she's also pining for him back in Afghanistan I guess and then they have a daughter....Sridevi2LOL....some subplots with the kids and all.....and then end mein they reunite amidst great drama as we can see in this vid from which the DN scene has been "ripped off"LOL

What stands out ofcourse is what strong characters these two were and the pathos in their story having been seperated for so long but it all coming full-circle like that YT uploader said.

LTL can't manage to take THAT much inspiration also.....lol....they have their other standard dragging tacticsLOL

incandescence

incandescence
incandescence

Posted: 20 February 2011 at 1:28pm | IP Logged
Oh, yeah that's the basic plot. The characters, specially the character of Badshaah, the Pathan-ess in a sense,  is what makes the movie soooo amazing. Waise...knowing the plot and watching it all till the end when they meet again are two different things...

Oh and I just read your post in that JJ topic. Ppl say thing like 'Ankita should die'. Oh God! What sick mentalities are there...calling her arrogant is one thing but THIS...disgusting!

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 20 February 2011 at 1:37pm | IP Logged
Oh yeah the Pathaan-ness.....is that what you find in Dutta too? ;-) lol

Re: JDJ....oh don't ask....it's total madness.....these ppl are amazing....first they themselves are talking such crap about Ankita and plotting to make posts in the forum just to instigate fans....and then when someone exposes them like this, all they can say is, "why did you stalk my CC?" LOL

Mujhe toh samajh bhi nahin aata WHY they hate Ankita SO much.....and now that post has become total madness with full on fighting going on from both sides since these ppl have no explanation for what they did rather are busy pointing fingers at the mods and calling them "biased".....I've read the crap they've been talking about Ankita....calling her a witch and arrogant and stuff and pretending to be all "objective" in the forum and talking this kind of crap about Ankita in their CCs.......LOL hello I was given warnings just for saying something about MN fans and their obsessive behavior....these ppl seriously think that they can talk FAR WORSE crap like this about Ankita and kuch nahin hoga? lol.....welcome to IF, ppl ;-)

Saddest bit is that SA are such genuine ppl and even their fans are generally a nice bunch but given how ugly things have gotten in the forum now, basically their patience has also reached its limit and they are in no mood to tolerate any more of this blind hateful bashing going on about Ankita.

nimrah

Go to top