Chat Clubs

Random Ramblers Timbuktoo#66!!!! - Page 69

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
[quote]

Stephan Nathan Weighs In About Tonight's Episode

Warning: The following contains major spoilers from this Thursday's episode of Fox's Bones. If you have not yet watched it, check back once you have.

Bones Boss Weighs In Latest Romantic Twist: 'Booth Went Out On a Limb'

Going by the final moments of this week's Bones, it portends to be a very bittersweet '- if not outright sad ' Valentine's Day for Seeley Booth (played by David Boreanaz). Buoyed by Sweets' enthusiasm to pop the question to Daisy as well as the love he feels for his own girlfriend, Booth bought a sparkler for Hannah only to see his bid for marriage get shot down not much unlike by a sniper's bullet.

We know what you're thinking: Is the door now wide open for Booth and Brennan (Emily Deschanel) to finally get on the same page and evolve their friendship into something more? Or is D.C.'s most eligible marksman now, ironically, gun-shy? As the pivotal episode unspooled, TVLine spoke with Bones exec producer Stephen Nathan about the aftermath.

TVLINE | In retrospect, how do you rate Hannah (played by Katheryn Winnick) as one in a series of obstacles for the Booth/Brennan romance?
We loved it. We thought it turned out very well for us, because with any show like ours, where you have a "Will They/Won't They?" relationship, the audience always wants the couple to get together ' as do we, because you know they're destined for each other. But to construct situations that are realistic to keep them apart can be difficult. We thought that after they both left and went their separate ways at the end of last season'.

TVLINE | '.that afforded Booth significant time to meet and get close to someone like Hannah.
Absolutely. We didn't want it to be just a rebound or a relationship that didn't have weight. It was very interesting for us to explore what happened when he actually fell in love with somebody else, and then have that person integrated into the Bones universe and become, though we didn't design it this was initially, very close to Brennan as well. It was a way to keep Booth and Brennan apart in a way that was very real, and in a way that drove a lot of loyal fans crazy. They were angry that Hannah was on the show. Some of them hated it, but I think they loved hating it. Hopefully they wanted her to go for all the right reasons.

TVLINE | Booth seems in a pretty bad place now.
That's what the entire end of the episode was about, him facing the fact that he's alone. Why is he alone? What's wrong with him that the women he has fallen in love with don't reciprocate? Again, we want the audience to be on his side and Booth and Brennan's side, to hope for this relationship to resolve in some way, because now we have an opportunity to explore them again. But I don't think there's going to be any quick resolution, because they both have wounds that have to heal.

TVLINE | Yeah, it was just a few weeks ago that Brennan laid her heart on the line in the front seat of Booth's car.
That was a moment where she was forced to face her own life and see if she was going to live with regrets or confront her emotional life in a way she hadn't before. She took a risk, went out on a limb and was shot down, because Booth was in love with somebody else. Tonight, he went out on a limb himself and got shot down. Both of them are gun-shy, and the one thing that both of them have to rely on is their friendship. That's the thing that's going to sustain that relationship. Haha so I guessed this bit right.....Booth clings to that partnership/friendship as the only stable thing left in his life and now neither of them wants to take the risk *sigh*😆

TVLINE | Do you ever look at shows like House and Chuck ' shows that successfully put their "Will They/Won't They?" couples together ' and think, "If done right, you can put them together and have good television"?
Oh, definitely. Absolutely. There were a lot of people screaming and yelling about House ' "Why did they do that?" For as many people who are disgruntled and unhappy by an event like that, there will be an equal number, if not more, happy about it. But we're taking our time. Hopefully we'll be around for a few more years, so we'll see how that unwinds.

TVLINE | So, just to be clear: No immediate plans for Booth and Brennan to get together?
Brennan was shot down, then Booth was shot down by Hannah. If they then all of a sudden fall into a relationship together, I don't think anybody's going to believe that. It would just be a TV conceit. It wouldn't have any real truth to it.

TVLINE | Have we necessarily seen the last of Hannah?
I don't know when we'll see her again, but we loved having Katheryn on the show. No one shot Hannah, so' she's still out there somewhere in the Bones universe! This is what I was dreading🤢🤢🤢🤢

Source: TvLine[/quote]

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

incandescence thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Finally! You really can't plan your life. *sigh* Khair, I watched the episode after two days...and I have been the MOST excited about, believe me. Why? Well, I kinda had a feeling that Booth and Hannah would break-up in the episode.....and well...damn me for taking HIM seriously...because of SN's constant 'Big.Game.Changer'.

Anyway, extremely average episode except for the last two scenes. I really didn't expect Booth to propose, specially given how childish the whole 'I'm-buying-the-biggest-ring' seemed but that done I don't think there's anyone who didn't feel bad for him when Hannah refused. DB does that 'heart-broken' look reallyyy well. To a point I understand his mindset...even his proposal. He is someone who needs companionship, relationship...he's traditional, emotional...he believes in a 'forever' kind relationship. Since his tumour, I think the fear of spending the rest of his life alone, having no family, has got to him. Then when Brennan, whom he has been in love with for five years, turned him down, however hurt he was at that time, he made up his mind, TOLD her he'll look for love again...he wanted to find someone who'll 'love him for 30...or 40...or 50 years'...Amd then came Hannah maybe initially Hannah wasn't such a 'serious' gf for him...but when she came back for HIM, he started expecting more...she moved in with him....she's perfect, she's gorgeous, she loves him...he tied it all with a pretty bow..he was soo blindd in love with Hannah or should I say with the notion of 'being in love'...he created this...this...dream world around her and then when Sweets made a comment about how he doesn't want to be single=alone when he reaches Booth's age..I understand his impulsive decision to propose to her but what didn't sit well with me is that he never really reflected back on his REASON for proposing Hannah or never in months did he realize or doubt what each one of them wanted from this relationship. Hannah, who may love him in some sense, was just looking for a 'good time'.

Anyway, his proposal proved one thing clearly was that HOW wrong they were for each other....these two were in a haze...in a sexual haze if I be more precise..they never knew where they were heading. Apparently, from their convo...she knew he was a 'marrying kind' still she didn't back off before until he actally proposed...what does she mean by....'I thought we'd have more time before we got to this'?? So she wanted to string him along until the marriage question comes up??!! And then there's Booth (idiot)...she made it clear that she wasn't the marrying kind...but he was always in his happy-bubble around her....he went and bought a big-ass ring for her?? What were these two thinking??!! Their relationship was sooo superficial...it was never meant to be...

Khair what's done is done...about BnB and the last scene..next post...

incandescence thumbnail
Heyy Anuu...It's good to see you online..how's the job? Maza araha hai? LOLL
AreYaar thumbnail
Mashhhhhhhhhhhh! *hugs* Hang on, I'll go read your Bones review.

How long are you going to be OL for?

*Edit: Job's going good....hectic but a nice group of ppl to work with and it's good to be busy with some work I'd say...lol

I was just catching up on reading all the reviews for this Bones epi on LJ and stuff.....a LOT of anger out there....can't say I blame them.
Edited by nureat01 - 13 years ago
incandescence thumbnail
Ok, now even if we justify Booth's reason for proposing Hannah...it all becomes more screwed up when you put Brennan in the mix. Why did he suddenly started giving her THOSE looks, saying things like 'you only love one person most'...I think the issue here is not the proposal for me anymore...it's the inconsistency in Booth. at one point he doesn't even treat her properly as a partner...and suddenly all the LOOKS are back...and woahhh...U turn! He proposed to Hannah! Huh? Brennan told him how she feels...still he has no confusions, no regret...or longing...a bit of helplessness...how come he was sooo happy proposing Hannah?? Why didn't he not THINK about Brennan? Wasn't he the one who said 'I knew...right from the beginning'...what happened to that? Why didn't he gave her a thought when at one point he knew she was 'the one'?

The last scene....woww! DB was phenomenal there in terms of acting...one really feels for him...his hurt...his anger...and it doesn't seem that he'll go to Brennan as a second choice..he'll close himself. He won't 'look' for 'love' for a while I guess...will he look at Brennan? Time will only tell...right now he's too hurt to turn to anyone, even Brennan, for that kinda relationship,love....that's the reason he wants them to be 'just partners'...as of now at least.
AreYaar thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: incandescence

Anyway, his proposal proved one thing clearly was that HOW wrong they were for each other....these two were in a haze...in a sexual haze if I be more precise..they never knew where they were heading. Apparently, from their convo...she knew he was a 'marrying kind' still she didn't back off before until he actally proposed...what does she mean by....'I thought we'd have more time before we got to this'?? So she wanted to string him along until the marriage question comes up??!! And then there's Booth (idiot)...she made it clear that she wasn't the marrying kind...but he was always in his happy-bubble around her....he went and bought a big-ass ring for her?? What were these two thinking??!! Their relationship was sooo superficial...it was never meant to be...

@bold: The sense I got from that was that Hannah is more of a "live in" relationship type of chick....you know how some ppl have phobia about marriage? Like they're ok with doing everything BUT making it OFFICIAL? She seemed to be one of those kind of ppl....she always DELIBERATELY chose to keep things on the lighter, superficial side.....the loud sex, or always TALKING bout having sex....lol....even in this scene if you look at it....it starts off with her saying in that saucy manner "Hey soldier, you looking for a good time?"....implying obviously that they can go and have sex again😆....

Taking this theoretically (cuz we all know that actual execution never managed to have any depth to it), Hannah did care for Booth....loved him as she said....and she wanted to spend as much time as she could with him but she just isn't one for permanence of any sort it seems....like marriage....so I'm guessing the way she was looking at it was that sooner or later, her and Booth would break-up but this came too suddenly for her and she was enjoying the time they were spending together.......Booth ji on the other hand has been the poster child of denial this entire season and created his own fantasy world about Hannah no matter what the facts in front of him were....cuz he so desperately craved a perfect life....married to a woman he loves and all......but he doesn't realize that this proposal was not at all about the woman in question....it was all about HIM and his need to want to marry.....and that was his huge mistake.....wonder if he'll realize it any time soon since he's busy being in self-pity mode at this point😆
incandescence thumbnail
*hugs back* Arey I'm OL as long as I can be...I'm still a bit unwell...mujhe kuch medicines ka reaction hogaya tha...I was in too much pain these past two days to come OL for more than five minutes...aaj toh OL ane ki himmat hoi hai...abhi toh I'm gonna watch LTL too...not watched the last two epis. Have you watched it?

Oh good that you're enjoying...and it's good to be busy...

Chalo let me read what this SN has to say about the epi...

Melissa thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Hey Anu!!!!!! *hugs* You got a job?! CONGRATS!!!!!!! Life must be hectic with a job and MBA classes/assigments *sigh*

Loved reading your review. I agree with the fact that Katheryn did act better than she usually does in the proposal scene. I especially liked her expression in the bit when Booth took out the ring. The panic was clear in her face and eyes. It seemed like if she could, she would have shut Booth then and there and would have never let this happen. At that moment I did feel sorry for her. But then she went on to contradicting herself in a mega-retard way, and it pissed me off.

Mashhhh!!!!!!! *hugs* Totally agree with your take on Hannah-Booth. You spoke my mind. What surprises me about Booth is that he has deluded himself so much that even in that moment he could not read Hannah's panicstricken expression. He was still smiling and went on with his expectant look.
Ditto on Booth's inconsistency. How can he gleefully propose to Hannah after maroing those lines to Brennan, giving those looks and knowing that she loves him. He didn't even think about her AT ALL. It doesn't make him any less honorable if he would have spared some thoughts to her.......it would have been fine. But instead they showed us the useless scene of him investing a share of his fortune in buying a big ring. W*F? Thinking about price before buying a ring doesn't show that you aren't totally into a relationship.....if anything, it shows that you aren't completely dumb.
AreYaar thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: incandescence

Ok, now even if we justify Booth's reason for proposing Hannah...it all becomes more screwed up when you put Brennan in the mix. Why did he suddenly started giving her THOSE looks, saying things like 'you only love one person most'...I think the issue here is not the proposal for me anymore...it's the inconsistency in Booth. at one point he doesn't even treat her properly as a partner...and suddenly all the LOOKS are back...and woahhh...U turn! He proposed to Hannah! Huh? Brennan told him how she feels...still he has no confusions, no regret...or longing...a bit of helplessness...how come he was sooo happy proposing Hannah?? Why didn't he not THINK about Brennan? Wasn't he the one who said 'I knew...right from the beginning'...what happened to that? Why didn't he gave her a thought when at one point he knew she was 'the one'?

The last scene....woww! DB was phenomenal there in terms of acting...one really feels for him...his hurt...his anger...and it doesn't seem that he'll go to Brennan as a second choice..he'll close himself. He won't 'look' for 'love' for a while I guess...will he look at Brennan? Time will only tell...right now he's too hurt to turn to anyone, even Brennan, for that kinda relationship,love....that's the reason he wants them to be 'just partners'...as of now at least.

@bold: Worddddd! Exactly the questions running through my mind as well as I was watching that scene....there is MAJOR lack of continuity from the ending scenes of the previous epi to this one.....like I said last week also, it made me uncomfortable that he was saying all that stuff to Brennan with Hannah still in the picture....and he was even kinda DISMISSING Hannah in that scene.....and then he turns around and goes and PROPOSES to her in the very next epi? Wow😕😆

Basically Booth is in a REALLY messed-up frame of mind I think....the proposal to Hannah was for the sake of PROPOSING....just wanting to get married....had hardly anything to do with Hannah....btw not that I'm trying to be all sympathetic to her and stuff but I still felt that asking her INSTANTLY to leave his apartment was a bit extra harsh....he is not totally innocent in all this and suddenly he's made Hannah villain#1 forgetting all that HE did to bring things to this point.

As for the very last scene....truly DB was phenomenal and you really feel for Booth in that scene....all his hurt, bitterness, anger.....but honestly as a character Booth has a LOT of self-evaluation to do....he just doesn't see the mistakes he's made even with Brennan....yes he'll close himself off for now cuz it takes a lot to put yourself out there and having been shot down so many times.....makes you "gun shy" as SN put it....and Brennan is in the same space....waise bhi it took SO much for her to even manage to put herself out there in the doctor in the photo epi and she too got shot down.....now I wouldn't expect her to make the move in a million years......Like I said in my post above.....Booth is too busy smarting over his hurt right now to think of anything else.....and Brennan just chose the better of the two options he put in front of her at this point....they will continue to dance around each other with random "Happy partners" scenes thrown in I guess.

I dunno....I did find myself irritated with the end and the preview for next week looks like an extremely cheesy/campy epi in general.....the Angela-Hodgins and Paul-Cam bits might be genuinely sweet but the rest looks random.....honestly sometimes I think Angela-Hodgins are the only nice thing left in the show.....in this epi, they were all good otherwise but the BnB scene felt like a stretching tactic to me......Booth now CHOOSES to blind himself to the fact that Brennan DOES want to give things a chance....right now it's time for operation pity-party...."No woman wants Booth" pity party😆
AreYaar thumbnail
Aww Mash *hugs* I'm sorry to hear that.....I hope you're feeling better now*hugs*

As for LTL....nahin I just read the updates for Wed-Friday and they sounded like useless dragging epis to me so I'm not really motivated to watch much *shrugs*

@Mels: Aww thanks yaar *squishy hugs back* Yeah life's hectic but good to be doing something worthwhile for a change....lol

Yeah Katheryn did a better job than expected in the proposal scene but some of the dialogues in the end especially were quite W*F-ish and forced in.

Did you also feel annoyed with the "what's next" line? First Hannah kept asking and then even Brennan later on.....I didn't like the "straight to the point" way in which they kept asking it as if this was some kind of military drill😕