Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by: incandescence

Noooo...lol....She was supposed to marry his older brother but he died after their engagement. She got the 'manhoos' tag on her, his parents decided to get her married to their second son, Rahul. He used to love someone else at that point...but for some reason or other they both agreed to get married...but of course there was no 'pati patni ka rishta' b/w them. ๐Ÿ˜†There were a hell lot of problems after the marriage, full on Ekta's style, and then one night, someone drugged them (I'm not sure how that happened...forgot.) and they slept together. She got knocked up, he didn't want the child because it won't be born out of 'love' or something like that...his old gf wanted to kill the child I think....and she thought he wantd to as he had mentioned abortion before.

Wow what a storyline! And Kekta hasn't since managed to recopy this in any of her other shows?? I'm SHOCKED๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜†.....it has ALL the masala in the world....instead she wastes time with her usual "We hate each other so we'll marry each other to get revenge but ultimately fall in love" Kutumb type storylines๐Ÿ˜†

Is kahaani  mein toh thoda twist hai....first majboori ki shaadi and THEN randomly getting pregnant with a child "not born of love"๐Ÿ˜†
incandescence thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Vasu...I used to watch KGGK too. Though, I was never a Parvati fan, I liked ST as an actress but not Parvati...She was such a sati savitri bore type. I lovedddddddddd Palavi! My favourite villain from K-serials. Kiya villain-giri thi...wah wah!
psawyer thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: incandescence

Vasu...I used to watch KGGK too. Though, I was never a Parvati fan, I liked ST as an actress but not Parvati...She was such a sati savitri bore type. I lovedddddddddd Palavi! My favourite villain from K-serials. Kiya villain-giri thi...wah wah!

LOL, I know what you mean - at times Parvati irritated me with her mahaan-giri. But otherwise I loved her relationship with Om & Shruti and the fact that she never wavered from what she wanted in life. Unlike Prerna, whom I also somewhat liked, who swung like a pendulum gone crazy ๐Ÿ˜†

But my favourite track for Parvati was the Janki track - Parvati as I always wanted her to be....and Sakshi of course played that with aplomb. 

Pallavi is my all-time favourite villain too - along with Sasha. And I like BOTH Achint's Pallavi and Shweta's Pallavi for different reasons. Shweta's Pallavi was cool, kickass and just a little wacko; and Achint's Pallavi had a touch more humanity in her - but no matter what.....Pallavi still made you feel for her. Even when you rolled your eyes at her latest chaal, you felt that somehow, deep down, she was justified in her actions because of the way she was mistreated by the AGs. And that was Shweta and Achint's strongest point - the heart they brought along to their villainness...

And now...I'm really leaving! ๐Ÿ˜†
incandescence thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: nureat01

Wow what a storyline! And Kekta hasn't since managed to recopy this in any of her other shows?? I'm SHOCKED๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜†.....it has ALL the masala in the world....instead she wastes time with her usual "We hate each other so we'll marry each other to get revenge but ultimately fall in love" Kutumb type storylines๐Ÿ˜†

Is kahaani  mein toh thoda twist hai....first majboori ki shaadi and THEN randomly getting pregnant with a child "not born of love"๐Ÿ˜†

LOLL...Arey is main aur bhi bohat twists hain. His sister (a semi villain) was married to her brother....but didn't think much of him...she wanted a 'beautiful' baby...so she went an have an artificial insemination. ๐Ÿ˜† Hain na dhamakedar?

Then, as both R and A were lawyers, they worked against each other  in a case once...that was one solid story track...๐Ÿ˜† and do you remember that Prem/Sneha/bone marrow/Prenna sleeping with Anurag storyline? That was a straight lift off from GEM..๐Ÿ˜† They separated but slept again to have a second child to save their first one....hahaha...I really loveeeed this show!

Edited by incandescence - 13 years ago
Um, I bet GEM is nothing at all, the shows back then were unethical in terms of storyline. There were multiple affairs, rape, pregnancy, extra marital affairs and what not. I don't know much, but I'm sure anyone that used to watch TV back in the 90's has a lot more to say.

However that being said she had some or the other twist every month or two to keep the viewers interest alive. Plus the actors in her shows were quite decent at acting. I personally would like to know the name of her first show, because I bet all the shows with pregnancy and all the other tracks probably originated from that one show :P In a way she wasn't really creative, and she split up all the tracks further down the branches creating new shows with new faces, but it worked.

I never watched Saath Phere (not an Ekta show), but I used to read the updates, and they had some drama going on every week (either haveli mystery, Nahar's past) which is why I guess the show worked for a long time as well. Today, we have nothing to keep us interested in any show, and a lot of the drama is fairly predictable.
Edited by infinity_9000 - 13 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail
Awesome Bones epi tonight! There were so many nice BnB moments.....it's been AGES since we've seen them this happy together....that CAMARADERIE is SO back, baby! Loveddddd watching it! Fun epi overall also....Cam and her bf's storyline was quite nice...I'm liking his character more now.....and there were fun Wendell-Hodgins scenes.....a nice Angela-Hodgins scene.....just an entertaining epi overall! :D......

Baaki I'll wait for everyone to watch so we can discuss in more detail :-)

-Grace- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
is anyone here?
please come out someone, im dying of the boredom...LOL
psawyer thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Oooh, downloading Bones now....will watch on the way to work and comment! :)

GG - I think Ekta's first show was Hum Paanch, but I can't be certain. LOVED that show....but one of her earlier "saas bahu formula" shows was Koshish - Ek Aasha, with Sandhya Mridhul and Varun Badola; excellent when it began and then slightly silly towards the end, but yes, she (and others) reused that plot and those twists in nearly everything that came after it...
nimrah thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
GEM discussions!!! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ I used to watch this show when I was a kid.. But now that Mash is telling the story I dont remember ANY of it except the part where Prem dies and she gets married to Rahul and Rahul's sister's storyline with Aanchal's brother.. Thori thori.. Maybe because I was a kid back then, yeh sab samajh nahi ata tha! But I used to watch this show regularly and loved it. Rahul-Anchal were oh so cute together! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ 

and OMGGGG! Shekhar Suman is outttttttttt!!! LadyM, thanks for this awesome news! *jhappis* ๐Ÿค— and shit! Ankita back in bottom 2! What crap yaar.. She got decent marks last time, didn't she? 
Edited by nimrah - 13 years ago
^ Thanks for pointing out :-) I completely forgot about Hum Paanch. She had a lot of shows back in the 90's.