Users

Frequent Posters

incandescence thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: infinity_9000

Speaking of RK and GG

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocrGUvzbgCs[/YOUTUBE]

This was 10 years back? I can't even remember.

I love the simplicity! Less jewelery, less makeup, and a much smaller set. I'm tired of watching gigantic huge mansions that are larger than life.

Notice: The lack of flashes, crazy background music, and relatively less characters.

We need a show like this with a proper storyline. These days there is so much focus on sets, costumes, makeup etc that everything else pales in comparison.

OMG!! Mere bachpan ka show!! This was more than 10 years back. I remember watching it in the afternoon after coming back from school. πŸ˜† It's on YT? Why didn't I ever think of that. Thank you sooooo much GG.

I used to loveeeeeeeeee Rahul and Anchal. These two were sooooooo egoistic....the thing that I like most about them. And I now remember how my mother n I loved to see Anchal cry. Itna acha roti thi....awww πŸ˜†
psawyer thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Man, that RK character in Kyunki was definitely a total wacko...lol, but since that's my only reference point for RK's acting skills (aside from his stint as host in RDLJ), I have to use that. And even despite the insanity of his character, I still found him a commendable actor. Also liked that KWK episode with him, RR and Hiten Tejwani. But having seen RR in three-four shows, I have been in awe of him for years. 

@GG - thanks for the clip - OMG - RK is so skinny! It's so cute! I really like Gautami - there's something chulbuli about her....in fact, she was my preferred Tulsi πŸ€£ shaant and not tediously boring. I liked Smriti as an actress, and I liked her Tulsi back in the old days, but after the third leap Tulsi Maiyya was such a bore.

I liked the older sets too - even Kahaani started off that way - small set, not too ostentatious, not too many production values. I don't mind the masses of money and huge sets, but they do get a bit tedious after you see 100 of them. 

I love KGGK & KZK, so I can watch them anytime. Kyunki was more of a timepass for me - kabhi dekha kabhi nahi. But I would still rather watch that than desi Twi-fright. 
Edited by psawyer - 13 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail
Just watched that GEM clip....wow what was the storyline of this show? They got drunk and slept together and she ended up getting pregnant so they had to get married? LOL....and then she thought he was trying to kill her kid constantly? :S
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: psawyer

Also liked that KWK episode with him, RR and Hiten Tejwani. But having seen RR in three-four shows, I have been in awe of him for years.  LOL I remember that KWK epi.....I believe Kekta herself rated Ram the best actor of the threeπŸ˜†

@GG - thanks for the clip - OMG - RK is so skinny! It's so cute!  Yeah see, the man is actually quite good looking....you can notice it more when you see how skinny he used to beπŸ˜†

psawyer thumbnail

Originally posted by: nureat01

LOL I remember that KWK epi.....I believe Kekta herself rated Ram the best actor of the threeπŸ˜† Well yeah...she's allowed her opinion too πŸ˜†

Yeah see, the man is actually quite good looking....you can notice it more when you see how skinny he used to beπŸ˜† I never realised just HOW skinny he used to be....but he's a Punjabi na, we're allowed our food indulgences πŸ˜† it's in our khoon πŸ˜†

AreYaar thumbnail
LOL it's not the food....but rather his drinking that made him bloat up so much like a giant balloonπŸ˜†.....I've seen interviews of his and Gautami's where they've mentioned it also.....I think he tried in b/w for a bit to lose weight but didn't succeed much or maybe wasn't diligent enough about it and now he doesn't even bother with that much....lol

btw you might recall....he was also there in Monsoon Wedding in a brief cameo in the "chunari chunari" song bit.
psawyer thumbnail

btw you might recall....he was also there in Monsoon Wedding in a brief cameo in the "chunari chunari" song bit.

Was he? Don't remember....I loved Monsoon Wedding....must watch it again one of these days...will look out for him.

I think he must have had the same problem as Rishi  Kapoor then πŸ˜† another RK - though Rishi is very food of food....but I read somewhere that his drinking also escalated during the late 80s, early 90s...that's what happens when you down a patiala peg a day πŸ˜†

Speaking of which, I am really finding that Laung Da Lashkara song from PH quite catchy....not as catchy as Sheila Ki Jawani, thank God  πŸ˜†
AreYaar thumbnail
LOL I guess both are pucci Punjabi habits....gorging on food and downing as many Patiala pegs as possible...πŸ˜†....

Yeah he was there in the chunari chunari song....here watch this vid from 1:45....πŸ˜†

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM3aTQisQgA[/YOUTUBE]

Ermmm the laung da lashkara song? lol....somehow I'm not quite impressed...."Oh BABY tera laung da lashkara"? ErmmmπŸ˜†
incandescence thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Just watched that GEM clip....wow what was the storyline of this show? They got drunk and slept together and she ended up getting pregnant so they had to get married? LOL....and then she thought he was trying to kill her kid constantly? :S

Noooo...lol....She was supposed to marry his older brother but he died after their engagement. She got the 'manhoos' tag on her, his parents decided to get her married to their second son, Rahul. He used to love someone else at that point...but for some reason or other they both agreed to get married...but of course there was no 'pati patni ka rishta' b/w them. πŸ˜†There were a hell lot of problems after the marriage, full on Ekta's style, and then one night, someone drugged them (I'm not sure how that happened...forgot.) and they slept together. She got knocked up, he didn't want the child because it won't be born out of 'love' or something like that...his old gf wanted to kill the child I think....and she thought he wantd to as he had mentioned abortion before.

psawyer thumbnail
@Anu - thanks for the vid - LOLL at his chimpoo-style dancing ROFL....he was just some random character not actually in the film, na? Gonna look this movie up on the weekend and rewatch it.

Anyway, night all - bedtime *zzzzzzzzz*