Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
@Mash: LOL well honestly I don't really feel like running after someone much to make them watch something....waise bhi who really listens to me....sab apni marzi hi karte hain....if I was in your place, seeing the way EVERYONE of us in here had raved about it for SO long, I would have gone and watched it myself....but you are always distracted and busy with other things toh ab main bhi KITNI baar tumhare sar pe chadh ke tumhein bataaun? I don't have that kind of energy.

--------------------------------------

I watched Gran Torino last night.....really liked it....simple story but very nicely executed....LOVED Clint Eastwood as the cranky rude old man and the evolution of his relationship with the Chinese family.
AreYaar thumbnail
Speaking of Udaan, I'm in LOVE with the soundtrack.....have been listening to the songs on repeat since the last two days.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQUr6TyAYOg[/YOUTUBE]
AreYaar thumbnail
And for some reason, I love the MUSIC in this song too.....something so sweet and uplifting about it

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHumVdQ74XE&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/YOUTUBE]

This is a better song though:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvzTYUR3a1Y&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/YOUTUBE]
Edited by nureat01 - 13 years ago
incandescence thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Ohhh....Anu, I loveeee the soundtrack too....thanks for the vids...I was just downloading it's songs right now...there's something really hopeful and positive about the songs.
AreYaar thumbnail
You're most welcome, Mash! I'm also downloading the songs....the music really is awesome and the lyrics are FANTASTIC.....I love the imagery in them! This Amitabh Bhattacharya guy is really talented...he wrote the poetry for Rohan in the movie too....amazing naa?

This is kinda a reprise version of Azaadiyaan in a sense I guess:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y00l9ZufLbU&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/YOUTUBE]

incandescence thumbnail
Oh, he wrote all the poetry too? Wow! I'm amazed at the poetry, in the songs and in the film overall. Very soulful!
AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: incandescence

Oh, he wrote all the poetry too? Wow! I'm amazed at the poetry, in the songs and in the film overall. Very soulful!

Yeah the poetry in the movie is truly soulful....yet uncomplicated enough that anyone can understand it and it would strike a chord with them....it's simple yet deep too.....which one's your fav? My fav. is the one he narrates to his father on the bench.....the one I posted a few days back.....and I also love the one he narrates to his friend in the beginning.....'bhool gaye ki joote kahaan utaare the....par ab lagta hai....shaayad inki zaroorat nahin" or something like that.
incandescence thumbnail
Oh I like it too..since the time you posted it but much more in the context...but my favourite one toh is the 'ab toh bhool gaye hain jootey kahan uttaare the'..

Edit:

Chhoti chhoti chitrayein yaadein....bichhi hoi hain lamhon ki lawn par,
Nange paer un par chalte chalte itni door aa gayein hain,
ke ab bhool gaye hain...jootey kahan uttare the...

Aedi komal thi jab aaye thae, thori si nazuk hai abhi bhi...
Aur nazuk hi rahegi...
In khati mithhi yadon ki shararat jab bhi inhein gudgudati rahegi..
sach, bhool gaye hain jootey kahan utaare thae..
Par lagta hai ab un ki zaroorat nahin hai...

*sigh*

Edited by incandescence - 13 years ago
incandescence thumbnail
Did you listen to that 'Motumaster' song? 🤣

Edit:

Everyone in the forum is praising MR's performance...so I went and watched, just out of curiosity, the complete performance to see what's so greattttt about it. It seems I'm the only one who didn't like MR's 'dance' and thought he was really veryyy awkward throughout it.....Anu...now you have to watch it and tell me what YOU think...
Edited by incandescence - 13 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: incandescence

Oh I like it too..since the time you posted it but much more in the context...but my favourite one toh is the 'ab toh bhool gaye hain jootey kahan uttaare the'..

Edit:

Chhoti chhoti chitrayein yaadein....bichhi hoi hain lamhon ki lawn par,
Nange paer un par chalte chalte itni door aa gayein hain,
ke ab bhool gaye hain...jootey kahan uttare the...

Aedi komal thi jab aaye thae, thori si nazuk hai abhi bhi...
Aur nazuk hi rahegi...
In khati mithhi yadon ki shararat jab bhi inhein gudgudati rahegi..
sach, bhool gaye hain jootey kahan utaare thae..
Par lagta hai ab un ki zaroorat nahin hai...

*sigh*

It captures that essence so well naa.....that time of transition....leaving childhood behind in a sense....all about "growing up"....there is this musing, reminiscing sort of aspect to these lines and it's SO touching....REALLY makes me feel nostalgic *sigh*