Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai

India-Forums

OMG how beautiful was today's dance :-o (Page 4)

anu93 IF-Sizzlerz
anu93
anu93

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 3:42am | IP Logged
Me too loved the danceBig smile sequence...Akshara was too goodEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-.Shriya.-

Polki_Zofi Senior Member
Polki_Zofi
Polki_Zofi

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 8:00am | IP Logged
But its true too that the other dances/traditional expressions of joy etc... suggested by all the lovely people here are also excellent. I just love each one of them so much, now cannot decide the best ones Big smile

Serendipity..

smrth Goldie
smrth
smrth

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 9:25pm | IP Logged

# Polki-Zofi.

That means you know workable Hindi and ably filling in some gaps with process of induction.Thumbs Up Interesting to note Indian knight's knowledge of Polish… apparently, Ottomans or Orientals were not adequately stayed at Vienna Gates by King Sobieski.LOL

But since you are keen to understand Indian ways, even from not so realistic source as soap serial, let me suggest you to watch Marriage episodes of Akshara-Naitik. Mind you, it's not as bouncy as the pre- marriage dances you watched but richness, opulence, and details on both- rituals and human emotions are certainly there. Many were annoyed at that time about some overstretched MU but I'd found the interplay of emotions bet'n two young leads a satisfying script. There was wonderfully well shot sequence of 'Saptapadi': literally meaning seven steps- taken at the final stage- each accompanied with a specific vow appointed for Bride and groom, binding them mutually, as prescribed in ancient Hindu scriptures.

These seven vows are comprehensive in their scope. They encompass the vision of a wholesome union and an environment conducive to bring forth a healthy progeny as well as their duty to each other and family. Of course no one follows them to the letter, but many happy marriages are practically a broad practice of its essence. The archaic vows are idealistic, but idealism is precisely what the producers of this serial have proclaimed as their central theme. Akshaa- Naitik being an idealistic creation, would be many times troubled by some inherent conflict- chiefly bet'n personal interests and demands of the family-until they find their final bearing.

Saptapdi vows may need deeper vocab. I'd try to furnish a very interesting English explanation presented in some other forum by a discerning member…if you wish.

Episode 141 date: 27 /28 ? July 2009

step 1 to 3  http://www.india-forums.com/tv-show/480/ye-rishta-kya-kehlata-hai/video/36530-akshara-and-naitik-take-oaths.htm

Step 4 to 7  http://www.india-forums.com/tv-show/480/ye-rishta-kya-kehlata-hai/video/36531-4th-promise.htm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

moonlight08Apoorva_22-.Shriya.-_charu__Divya_

cherrypansy IF-Rockerz
cherrypansy
cherrypansy

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 9:58pm | IP Logged
 You tube link for reception song...........

Polki_Zofi Senior Member
Polki_Zofi
Polki_Zofi

Posted: 23 January 2011 at 12:22am | IP Logged
#smrth: Thanks dear, I would definitely like to see. You are so right about the English translations. Although I think I will be able to understandWink, but there are people I know who would also love to see but will never be able to understand due to absence of translations (subtitles) etc. Personally for me India is a coincidence, as I didn't know much about it or even tried so much before I met him. But then there are others back in Poland (also ex USSR nations, specially Russia I suppose) who like to see old bollywood movies! People who really like the Indian things but miss for lack of knowledge for its language. My cousin from Lubin is such a girl who really like it but fail to understand much. If there could be English translation or things like that available, people interested would come to know much more about your country.

As for new bollywood movies, they are not really as popular as far as I know. People who like Indian movies, like to see something different than what is seen through hollywood, and there is nothing like those old black and white ones from India. I liked one song which I cannot clearly remember, it was from one old Indian movie Smile which I partially saw in one of our channels in Poland LOL.

#piyulka: Thank you so much Hug

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

smrthmoonlight08

kingini_aardra Goldie
kingini_aardra
kingini_aardra

Posted: 23 January 2011 at 8:27pm | IP Logged
yaa it was awesome and so nice
_charu_ IF-Sizzlerz
_charu_
_charu_

Posted: 23 January 2011 at 8:52pm | IP Logged
uff ! the song was pathetic Dead they converted dialogues into a song Dead can't believe it..how uncreative the creatives have turned out to be...varshaaaa teri godh bharai..ROFL the dance was good but the steps were pretty much the same  which they usually do..nothing new abt it..

@polki, i agree with everyone..the song and dance sequences during naksh's marriage and the ones that followed were awesome...this one was nothing compared to them..my fav. is akshara's mehandi song and son chiraiya...Day Dreaming the one which came on varsha's godh bharai earlier was too good compared to this one..."dil se bandhi ek dor" 

Edited by _charu_ - 23 January 2011 at 8:53pm

moonlight08

smrth Goldie
smrth
smrth

Posted: 23 January 2011 at 9:13pm | IP Logged

@ Polki_zofi

It was fun to revisit these beautiful songs. Indeed they were better. Thanks to Apoorva, Sia.K, Moonlight, Piyulka and all link providers... In comparison, my suggestion is grave, though perhaps interesting to apply it in relevance to Cvs' clumsy efforts. Do you still want English translation of those vows?

Edited by smrth - 23 January 2011 at 9:23pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

moonlight08Apoorva_22

Go to top