India-Forums

Mobile phones and TV for kids ! (Page 4)

.Arjun IF-Rockerz

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 10:28am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Isha.IshagrouchoTheDilettanteGujar

groucho IF-Rockerz
groucho
groucho

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 10:33am | IP Logged
This is the first thing that has struck me in the 2 episodes that I have watched...............the lack of simple pleasures.

Even living in a place like Nainital except for yoga which I feel the kids were doing to please their mother, the kids hardly went out of the house. Maybe it was edited.........so I will reserve judgment on that.

.Ashima.ArjunIsha.IshaMeena1

TheDilettante IF-Rockerz

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 11:01am | IP Logged

.ArjunIsha.IshapurvaMeena1

purva IF-Sizzlerz
purva
purva

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 11:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by TheDilettante

Originally posted by .Arjun

Originally posted by groucho

Sadly what we grew up with, letter writing, reading books, going for walks seem to be so ordinary and redundant these days.

well said. I still enjoy it ...something that we grew up with ..:)

Aah! Now you two. Don't start with hamare zamane mein. Remember! it irked us when our parents said it to us and their parents to them.LOL

Groucho and Arjun, all the things you mentioned happen today too. Well! letter writing may be not because e-mails are just too easy and convenient and it's really tough to argue in favor of letters  when kids today throw 'save trees' argument. I still write when I send cards.

I agree that reading books on Kindle is so convenient but taking a whiff of new and old book while reading is something I'm attached to. I wouldn't trade it for any e-book. Now walking happens often. 

Agreed.. it's not that bad yet.. my daughter does read a lot and plays outside when time and weather permits.. Smile

BTW my mom did complain when I played outside for too long or finished reading the whole book in one sitting ignoring everything around meWink .... so parents will be parents.. iss zamaane ke ho ya phir puraane zamaane ke ho... LOLLOL

RasnyIsha.IshaTheDilettanteAutumn.

groucho IF-Rockerz
groucho
groucho

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 11:24am | IP Logged

Sadly what we grew up with, letter writing, reading books, going for walks seem to be so ordinary and redundant these days.

well said. I still enjoy it ...something that we grew up with ..:)

Aah! Now you two. Don't start with hamare zamane mein. Remember! it irked us when our parents said it to us and their parents to them.LOL

Groucho and Arjun, all the things you mentioned happen today too. Well! letter writing may be not because e-mails are just too easy and convenient and it's really tough to argue in favor of letters  when kids today throw 'save trees' argument. I still write when I send cards.

I agree that reading books on Kindle is so convenient but taking a whiff of new and old book while reading is something I'm attached to. I wouldn't trade it for any e-book. Now walking happens often. 

Well I can't speak for Arjun but I am from that era..................however I promise not to use that terminologyWinkWink. My children would probably agree with you on hamare zamane mein. Happily they still read and walk and yes you are right emails have become easier than letter writing.......
For a person who commented on what we wrote you are doing well.........cards!!Wink Another ritual almost forgotten.LOLLOL and you still send them.....Bravo!!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

RasnyTheDilettante

ThatOneGuy IF-Sizzlerz
ThatOneGuy
ThatOneGuy

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 11:30am | IP Logged

But kids keep playing with cellphone all day long even when they are not expecting any calls from friends and all ............LOL

Well I don't...I mostly use it for texting, in which case it has nothing to do with raditiation and stuff Confused ...
TheDilettante IF-Rockerz

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 11:31am | IP Logged

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.Arjun

groucho IF-Rockerz
groucho
groucho

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 11:42am | IP Logged

Well I can't speak for Arjun but I am from that era..................however I promise not to use that terminologyWinkWink. My children would probably agree with you on hamare zamane mein. Happily they still read and walk and yes you are right emails have become easier than letter writing.......
For a person who commented on what we wrote you are doing well.........cards!!Wink Another ritual almost forgotten.LOLLOL and you still send them.....Bravo!!

All of us at some point become I'm from that era, hamaare zamaane mein. Uff! today's kids! LOL

You would be surprised then that today's kids esp. Kindergarteners are fascinated with the idea of exchanging cards for every occasion and that too handmade for each friend and family member. Smile 

That is heartening to know............Mine are grown up and working away from home so I am out of touch with children. Smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

.Arjunaxeion

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Maa Exchange Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index