India-Forums

Mobile phones and TV for kids ! (Page 2)

axeion IF-Sizzlerz
axeion
axeion

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 8:42am | IP Logged

Confession time… I cannot live without my mobile Embarrassed And my reason is pretty simple, My phone is my way of staying in touch with my family… And the added advantages I get from it??? A personal assistant at my disposal 24x7 Embarrassed I don't think I could get a better deal Confused

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-SMay31-

.Arjun IF-Rockerz

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 8:50am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

roshniiGujarIsha.Ishapurva-naureen786-

purva IF-Sizzlerz
purva
purva

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 9:03am | IP Logged
But then what is the solution.. I guess better understanding between the parents and children and some level headed thinking from teens.. maybe too much to ask for?? Confused

And about Sneha.. I feel she was exaggerating.. don't think she uses her phone all night.. she just didn't want to give it to Sujata or switch it off.. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Isha.Ishaaxeion

axeion IF-Sizzlerz
axeion
axeion

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 9:16am | IP Logged

Ok I don't think it's good to reprimand kids after once they cross 13-14 Confused And that's totally my opinion, after that age kids do get a sense of understanding abt life. Restricting them at that age would just lead them into growing up to be resented individuals Ouch They should be treated more as frnds, where u let them understand their own mistakes and shortcomings…  We can tell someone what's right and what's wrong, but we can't make them believe it…can we???

I might be wrong, but this is how I grew up. My parents let me do whatever I wanted to, and let me learn from my own mistakes ConfusedLOL

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

anu rulzIsha.IshaThatOneGuypurva-SMay31-Autumn.

ThatOneGuy IF-Sizzlerz
ThatOneGuy
ThatOneGuy

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 9:18am | IP Logged
Taking away phone from a teenager is like taking away fake teeth of an 80-year old LOL

Edited by DharmeshSir - 20 January 2011 at 9:19am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

anu rulzIsha.Ishapurva-SMay31-Autumn.

purva IF-Sizzlerz
purva
purva

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 9:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by axeion

Ok I don't think it's good to reprimand kids after once they cross 13-14 Confused And that's totally my opinion, after that age kids do get a sense of understanding abt life. Restricting them at that age would just lead them into growing up to be resented individuals Ouch They should be treated more as frnds, where u let them understand their own mistakes and shortcomings'  We can tell someone what's right and what's wrong, but we can't make them believe it'can we???

I might be wrong, but this is how I grew up. My parents let me do whatever I wanted to, and let me learn from my own mistakes ConfusedLOL

Well said Axy.. it's about teaching your kids to make good choices and setting an example yourself.. then I don't think you need restrictions.. Smile they might make few mistakes here and there but sometimes that is a better way of learning than restricting them completely..

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

anu rulzaxeion-naureen786-

purva IF-Sizzlerz
purva
purva

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 9:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by DharmeshSir

Taking away phone from a teenager is like taking away fake teeth of an 80-year old LOL

ROFL as long as both are not taking undue advantage of the phone and the teeth respectively.. it should be fine Thumbs UpLOL

Edited by purva - 20 January 2011 at 9:27am

Isha.IshaThatOneGuy

axeion IF-Sizzlerz
axeion
axeion

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 9:32am | IP Logged
Originally posted by purva

Originally posted by axeion

Ok I don't think it's good to reprimand kids after once they cross 13-14 Confused And that's totally my opinion, after that age kids do get a sense of understanding abt life. Restricting them at that age would just lead them into growing up to be resented individuals Ouch They should be treated more as frnds, where u let them understand their own mistakes and shortcomings'  We can tell someone what's right and what's wrong, but we can't make them believe it'can we???

Well said Axy.. it's about teaching your kids to make good choices and setting an example yourself.. then I don't think you need restrictions.. Smile they might make few mistakes here and there but sometimes that is a better way of learning than restricting them completely..

Thanks Purvi... for understanding Hug I say this bcoz I have made many wrong decisions but now when I look back, I have learnt a lot from each of them, and my parents stood by me in all my mistakes. Not even once did they say I was wrong, they always told me I will be fine at the end of the day... And believe me, that's the best reassurance one can get from their beloved Big smile

Chalo with this, I  log off for now...Need to get back to some work Ouch

purvaAutumn.

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Maa Exchange Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index