India-Forums

Preet Se Bandhi Yeh Dori... Ram Milaayi Jodi
Preet Se Bandhi Yeh Dori... Ram Milaayi Jodi

Putdowns for girls family and background

April2007 IF-Dazzler
April2007
April2007

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 7:24am | IP Logged
I think mutual respect is a cornerstone of all normal relationship. I cannot believe that Mona's saas and bui and the grandmother constantly insult Mona by putting down her upbringing, putting down Punjabi culture and her family.

It will be very hard for me to live in a household in which my parents, my background is constantly and openly insult and thrown in my face as bad and horrible. This kind of constant abuse is the reason and total control by the family is the reason most girls don't have good relationship with their in-laws.

Mona like many other daughter in laws  would remember all these insults, she will remember all the heartache and extreme disrespect,  when sasau ji will get all she old, she get all this back with interest.

Edited by April2007 - 20 January 2011 at 7:25am

desi-indian Senior Member
desi-indian
desi-indian

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 10:38am | IP Logged
I agree with you and I think the Ambaji and her saas and Bauji are very rude to Mona all the time. They should show some understanding towards Mona and should understand that how would Mona know how to cook gujrati food?

They should be nice to her and try to teach her everything and all rituals of gujrati family instead of taunting her all the time...

I am not siding with Mona and I think she did wrong by accepting the food from her family but I think the elders should also try to understand her and help her...
April2007 IF-Dazzler
April2007
April2007

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 1:58pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by desi-indian

I am not siding with Mona and I think she did wrong by accepting the food from her family but I think the elders should also try to understand her and help her...

Actually very few families will do what Mona's family did for her. If I was Mona's in-laws I would be thrilled that she has such a loving family. I would thank Mona's family for Gujrati food and enjoy it. Mona needed help and family helped..absolutely nothing wrong with it..

Marrying somebody should never be about examing and testing the person, it should be about accepting the person as who they are ...

Just wondering, now it proven that Mona cannot cook..so traditional Gujjus should abuse her, divorce her or abusing and tell her she is horrible and she failed..all this exam about cooking is totall sick and absurd..Mona is part of the family and they should embrace her whole heartedly.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Nirjhor105

sherma IF-Rockerz
sherma
sherma

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 2:09pm | IP Logged
sorry i dont agree d gujjus r so angry wid her cause dey r vaishnav and mona knew how strict dey r she hav seen in sweety marriage.dey dont eat were nonveg is cook.she is not chosen by his parents happily,it was circumstances wich dey had to get dem married.dis cooking exams happens in every fly,its not a big deal.if she doesnt knew cooking she cld hav told dem abt it.dey wld hav taunted her and bharti or hetal and sejal cld hav helped her in cooking according to d rasam,y simply do dis
deep388 Groupbie
deep388
deep388

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 3:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sherma

sorry i dont agree d gujjus r so angry wid her cause dey r vaishnav and mona knew how strict dey r she hav seen in sweety marriage.dey dont eat were nonveg is cook.she is not chosen by his parents happily,it was circumstances wich dey had to get dem married.dis cooking exams happens in every fly,its not a big deal.if she doesnt knew cooking she cld hav told dem abt it.dey wld hav taunted her and bharti or hetal and sejal cld hav helped her in cooking according to d rasam,y simply do dis

Well, as a Gujju I disagree and agree. Mona's wrong doing is a result of the ineffectiveness of her family (particulary Ambaji) who are nothing but cruel for demanding she make dishes she has never heard of and food she would never have learnt to cook in her Maaika. They would know this of course but instead choose to put her through a pariksha fully knowing she would fail and so having something to use against her to complain about. That is sick, twisted and downright evil.Dead
 I feel sorry for Mona, in fact I would've probably ended up doing the same thing too if I were put in that position!! Cry

Mona's upbringing and the way she is has been insulted since the day she stepped in the house. Ouch
neeram64 Groupbie
neeram64
neeram64

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 10:48am | IP Logged
I am not regular of this show.But one thing when DIL enters the family she is not acustom to new families traditions or cookingetc and she should be taught instead of harrassing her.Wont it be nice if like mother teaches her daughter MIL also teach her DIL.She should be given opportunity to adjust to the family instead of harrassing.I dont know why makers of serials have to take negative ways than positive ones.Is it necessary to have so much negativity in indian serials.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Nirjhor105rayadallie

rayadallie IF-Dazzler
rayadallie
rayadallie

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 1:02pm | IP Logged
True true. Its is always about negativity. tHE MOST RELIGIOUS PERSON IN THE HOUSE ALWAYS LANDS IN PROBLEMS AND ARE NEVER HAPPY.

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index