Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

drdee142 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by: maneet1985

didnt yesterday episode look like a filler.. i read it that some one mentioned in IF...!!

when i thought about it it looked as thouh!!!! wht do u think

Yeah Deepti, I read it too and I agree maybe they wanted to show the whole shaadi; possibly with Geet's parents doing the kanyadan and the other ceremonies together so as not to spoil the effect of the whole scene....hope that's what it was and we get a dream episode today๐Ÿ˜Š
drdee142 thumbnail
Originally posted by: misty85

Ya I agree with you but that's exactly my point. If you remove the curse part of the story then you'l be able to see how mean & lustful Dushayanta was. I'm saying this as I stumbled upon this aspect when I was studying literature in my graduation. The curse part is just added to maintain Dushayanta's dignity. Otherwise you can see the lust. Dushaynta was basically attracted to Shakuntala's beauty.

Oh Misty never knew of this aspect of Shakuntala, but come to think of it.....that's how it was first portrayed that Dushyant saw Shakuntala and was stunned by her beauty......it does make sense......see we learn something new everyday
sptrno thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: maneet1985

didnt yesterday episode look like a filler.. i read it that some one mentioned in IF...!!

when i thought about it it looked as thouh!!!! wht do u think

deepti i loved MAANEET's part sooooooooo muchโค๏ธ......................Marjaani scene can be called a filler-kind of scene๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†..................v r all bearing them just bcuz it reduces work pressure on main leads...............actually i wud love to see dadi, adi sir, pinky, romeo, manisha, pandeji, tasha, nakul anyone except AA๐Ÿ˜† Edited by sptrno - 13 years ago
drdee142 thumbnail

Hi people.

As most of us don't know exactly about the north Indian wedding rituals I would like to enumerate them here. I'l also post this in today's tread till then people can keep on thinking. ๐Ÿ˜‰Anyone who feels that this is incorrect or something different can add on. Well I want to make it clear that I'm not a punjabi but definitely a north Indian.

First from girl's side.

Haldi & mehndi is put a night before wedding alongwith the sangeet (in my place it's called 'banni'). Banni's are sung a few days before the marriage as well as on the mehndi night.

A churi (bangle) rasam is also there in which green churis are put in the hands of the bride after which she can't go outside the house. (don't know whether it happens before Haldi or during it.)

Mehndi is sent from the groom's side. All the night she has to put mehndi. In the morning there are some rituals after which girls has to be on fast.

In the evening ... on shaadi venue..

Darwaja rasm (door) + Milni (meeting the baaraties)

Groom is welcomed by mum of the bride & other women. Pandit does some small puja. On the either side of the door 2 drum type utensils are kept (don't know the purpose) ...haahaa... it's funny.๐Ÿ˜†

Ok. Then len-den(giving & taking) (mostly it's giving from girl's side) of money & gifts including clothes & all takes place.

After this jaymala takes place. Happens around 7-8 pm. Times are changing & so are the trends. Usually the sari which bride wears during jaymala has to be given to the nanad (sister in law) & the bride has to wear something else for pheras. But now bride wears same dress all the time.

After jaymala photo session & milni (meeting) of the relatives of both the sides to dulha dulhan.

Then wedding dinner... There is special rasm for the groom & the bride after which they eat in the same plate. Happens around 9-11 pm, somtimes till 12 am depending on the wedding mahurat.

All the baaraties & guests leave.

Actual wedding mantras start. Till kanyadan both the families of groom & bride witness rituals. Pheras are not to be witnessed by the family of bride. It's considered inauspicious.

Wedding completion.

Both Bride & Groom has to do a puja.

Bride has to throw wheat grains (in some communities they throw rise). (don't remember the name of the rasam).

Patta pher rasam where Bride & Groom take a round of the wedding venue, come back to the mandap.

Then brother of the bride has to lift her into her arms & make her sit in the Doli/car. The rest of the relatives throw coins on the car. 

Bride has to come back for pag-pheras as per the mahurat announced by pandit.

Now from Groom's side.

Haldi rasam is same.

Ghur chdi (horse riding) + starting of Baraat procession.

Rest is same.

After wedding rest of the rituals take place at Groom's house.

Wedding reception is hosted after a day or so.

Wow..........love all these rituals they enhance the whole marriage doesn't it........Misty thanks a lot my dear for elaborating this so well........I wonder what difference is there in a north Indian and a punjabi wedding, would really love to know that too.......๐Ÿ˜Š

Thanks once again Misty for this info......I'm very fascinated by different cultures and their rituals so loved it that I got such a detailed sketch.
dewdropred thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: bharkha

gud afternoon hima diii and all crazies..........

gud after noon varsha ....
dewdropred thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

samata ... i am now sure geet's parents will be coming in to attend the marriage ....

sptrno thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Hi people.

As most of us don't know exactly about the north Indian wedding rituals I would like to enumerate them here. I'l also post this in today's tread till then people can keep on thinking. ๐Ÿ˜‰Anyone who feels that this is incorrect or something different can add on. Well I want to make it clear that I'm not a punjabi but definitely a north Indian.

First from girl's side.

Haldi & mehndi is put a night before wedding alongwith the sangeet (in my place it's called 'banni'). Banni's are sung a few days before the marriage as well as on the mehndi night.

A churi (bangle) rasam is also there in which green churis are put in the hands of the bride after which she can't go outside the house. (don't know whether it happens before Haldi or during it.)

Mehndi is sent from the groom's side. All the night she has to put mehndi. In the morning there are some rituals after which girls has to be on fast.

In the evening ... on shaadi venue..

Darwaja rasm (door) + Milni (meeting the baaraties)

Groom is welcomed by mum of the bride & other women. Pandit does some small puja. On the either side of the door 2 drum type utensils are kept (don't know the purpose) ...haahaa... it's funny.๐Ÿ˜†

Ok. Then len-den(giving & taking) (mostly it's giving from girl's side) of money & gifts including clothes & all takes place.

After this jaymala takes place. Happens around 7-8 pm. Times are changing & so are the trends. Usually the sari which bride wears during jaymala has to be given to the nanad (sister in law) & the bride has to wear something else for pheras. But now bride wears same dress all the time.

After jaymala photo session & milni (meeting) of the relatives of both the sides to dulha dulhan.

Then wedding dinner... There is special rasm for the groom & the bride after which they eat in the same plate. Happens around 9-11 pm, somtimes till 12 am depending on the wedding mahurat.

All the baaraties & guests leave.

Actual wedding mantras start. Till kanyadan both the families of groom & bride witness rituals. Pheras are not to be witnessed by the family of bride. It's considered inauspicious.

Wedding completion.

Both Bride & Groom has to do a puja.

Bride has to throw wheat grains (in some communities they throw rise). (don't remember the name of the rasam).

Patta pher rasam where Bride & Groom take a round of the wedding venue, come back to the mandap.

Then brother of the bride has to lift her into her arms & make her sit in the Doli/car. The rest of the relatives throw coins on the car. 

Bride has to come back for pag-pheras as per the mahurat announced by pandit.

Now from Groom's side.

Haldi rasam is same.

Ghur chdi (horse riding) + starting of Baraat procession.

Rest is same.

After wedding rest of the rituals take place at Groom's house.

Wedding reception is hosted after a day or so.

thanks a lot dear for enlightening us on north indian weddings๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿค—
drdee142 thumbnail
Originally posted by: dewdropred

samata ... i am now sure geet's parents will be coming in to attend the marriage ....

That's what I said too in my previous posts in this thread.......it became obvious when Maan was trying to tell Geet something on the lines of thoda intezar and Geet said aap ko aur kuch karne ke jaroorat nahin hain apne bahut kuch mere liye kiya hain......

I think this is the surprise he's planned for her, he did say I'll fulfill all your wishes........and that maybe the reason they didn't show the pheras yesterday.....they want to show the whole scene today, with Geet's dad doing the kanyadan
drdee142 thumbnail
Originally posted by: drdee142

That's what I said too in my previous posts in this thread.......it became obvious when Maan was trying to tell Geet something on the lines of thoda intezar and Geet said aap ko aur kuch karne ke jaroorat nahin hain apne bahut kuch mere liye kiya hain......

I think this is the surprise he's planned for her, he did say I'll fulfill all your wishes........and that maybe the reason they didn't show the pheras yesterday.....they want to show the whole scene today, with Geet's dad doing the kanyadan

OMG just read that Maan brought Daarji to the wedding, it was not Geet's parents but daarji and he asks Geet for forgiveness......this is big news....wonder if it's true
misty85 thumbnail
Originally posted by: drdee142

Wow..........love all these rituals they enhance the whole marriage doesn't it........Misty thanks a lot my dear for elaborating this so well........I wonder what difference is there in a north Indian and a punjabi wedding, would really love to know that too.......๐Ÿ˜Š

Thanks once again Misty for this info......I'm very fascinated by different cultures and their rituals so loved it that I got such a detailed sketch.

Has anyone seen today's sbb of maryada. That's the correct way to put haldi on bride & groom with a grass. Then all the people touch the feet of groom & bide.