new article on CB2 in telebuzz 20th jan 2011 - Page 5

Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by neerjashingla

Looking at the recent  past record of Zee, i do not think  DJs will have much say in the coming soap...They have to dance to Zee tune...I may be wrong this time...DJs soaps were always good but because of Zee,s interference CB story was ruined midway...

Neerja I think that you are right that Zee does control the main storyline of its shows.....if you look at all the zee shows you will see similarities between them.........I mean in the plots and how they are handling the show. Most probably Star does not directly get involved with the shows and thats why their shows are usually different from each other. As far as I am aware I think Zee decides on the plots and then gives money to the production houses to employ writers to excute the plots and here DJs failed big time. Either DJS lost interest or their was mismanagement and they started diverting the resources to their other shows.....whatever might be the case it was CB that suffered. Instead of emplying a good creative team they went for quick treatments that resulted in CBs downfall. At the end of the day all the plots and tracks that are shown have to be okayed by Zee and here the channel also went after quick TRPs and diluted the essence of the show. So as for I am concerned both Zee and PH played equal roles in CBs fall.

There is another thing that I think might have happened. There is something called morbid curiosity in all of us.......I am also counting myself in this here..........if you remember, CB had one of the highest TRPs when Radhika got burned and also was doing good when the ONS happened. I know that loads of people in the forum protested both the plots and wrote lots of letter........I think others who are not in the forum also wrote but the truth is that the TRP generating public did watch and contributed to the TRPs. This maybe lead the makers to reach a conclusion that although some section of the audience might protest the ones who count in generating TRPs are still watching so why not continue showing all the negative things, but in this process they forgot that there is a limit to which the audience can withstand continuous torture being shown towards the leads without any logical reason and fatigue will creep in. Everything is ok in small measure........too much of either complete positivity or negativity will drive away the audience.......there has to be a balance between the two. 

Hopefully this time they will try to remember the main essence of their story and not play with it.
Edited by misti73 - 13 years ago
the channel and production house DJ's Creative Unit have done a lot more research this time to come up with a love story with a lot more spiritual touch in it.

I wonder how they did the research.Perhaps read the  letters 

Thank you for bringing the good news .
thanks for info...wait more info...thanks again+
Originally posted by misti73

Neerja I think that you are right that Zee does control the main storyline of its shows.....if you look at all the zee shows you will see similarities between them.........I mean in the plots and how they are handling the show. Most probably Star does not directly get involved with the shows and thats why their shows are usually different from each other. As far as I am aware I think Zee decides on the plots and then gives money to the production houses to employ writers to excute the plots and here DJs failed big time. Either DJS lost interest or their was mismanagement and they started diverting the resources to their other shows.....whatever might be the case it was CB that suffered. Instead of emplying a good creative team they went for quick treatments that resulted in CBs downfall. At the end of the day all the plots and tracks that are shown have to be okayed by Zee and here the channel also went after quick TRPs and diluted the essence of the show. So as for I am concerned both Zee and PH played equal roles in CBs fall.

There is another thing that I think might have happened. There is something called morbid curiosity in all of us.......I am also counting myself in this here..........if you remember, CB had one of the highest TRPs when Radhika got burned and also was doing good when the ONS happened. I know that loads of people in the forum protested both the plots and wrote lots of letter........I think others who are not in the forum also wrote but the truth is that the TRP generating public did watch and contributed to the TRPs. This maybe lead the makers to reach a conclusion that although some section of the audience might protest the ones who count in generating TRPs are still watching so why not continue showing all the negative things, but in this process they forgot that there is a limit to which the audience can withstand continuous torture being shown towards the leads without any logical reason and fatigue will creep in. Everything is ok in small measure........too much of either complete positivity or negativity will drive away the audience.......there has to be a balance between the two. 

Hopefully this time they will try to remember the main essence of their story and not play with it.
Misti,  they mistook morbid curiosity as audience loving the track.  Somebody in the forum (I think it was April) wrote a month before the burning that this track is next.  But a lot of viewers including me did not want to believe that.  So, I watched until the burning day because I was sure that they would show Radhika being rescued by Dev at the end (hence the Kanha theme).  But, when they showed the actual burning,  I quit the show for a month or so.  So, the TRPs were really high around the burning but fell after a week or so when they continued with the nonsense and Amma didn't get punished.

Anyway, then they had Takshak gufa to miraculously cure Radhika and when ONS started, it was the same thing.  I think people were tuning in to see stronger Radhika who would fight with Vishaka for her rights (as she had indicated at the time of engagement about not giving Dev to Vishaka anymore).  But, once that didn't happen or happened very sloppily,  people again lost interest and afterwards nothing that was done in any track brought back those ratings.

The ratings improved somewhat towards the end of the show when Kanika was kicked out and Imarti was introduced.  

Or I may be totally wrong and people love to see main characters suffering and sacrificing.
thxπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ a lot misti even i lked the highlighted parts but did you see the story line whivh we gave is coing that prem ki nayi kahani
Thanks a lot Misti for posting the article. I was so thrilled - started wearing my rose-tinted glasses in hope that CB2 will be a good storyline. πŸ˜†    πŸ˜†    πŸ˜†    πŸ˜†    πŸ˜†    πŸ˜†    πŸ˜†  πŸ˜† 

Waiting with hope, and baited breath to see Avina again. πŸ˜  πŸ˜  πŸ˜  πŸ˜  πŸ˜  πŸ˜
Thanks Musti! I also want to thank Zee, DJ and everyone concerned, for creating yet another Spiritual Love Story for the audience and our favourite couple!

The storyline sounds good, but not the leap! Apprehensive that they might mess it up again. Didn't like the leap at all! Just blocked them out...nor do I want to see the vamps/villians of
CB1. If they are back again in CB2, I will kick my addiction real FAST!

Thank you misti for the article!!! I hope dj and zee would do a good job!! i hope that zee and PH will understand where they went wrong with cb. I hope they will give us a very good story with an outstanding cast. cb was a beautiful story but it took the wrong turn  in the middle of the story &  finally they ended it in a bad way. I hope that if they bring new characters in-between the story (eg keshav) they should complete their purpose. What I am trying to say is, that if you bring new character don't just bring for the sake of bringing and then kick them out.  keshav was there until the ashram episodes and after that he was not there in the story. They bought characters like vikram and then the story went in a different way!! i think only Shantanu's character was finished properly i.e. his death. Finally they brought this mataramji family and mataramji was a strong woman and finally her role ended in a way which didn't suit her character. I think zee has to respect each and every actor and respect their talent!! The actors who joined the story have mentioned that they are happy to act in cb because it was such an beautiful story. I hope this time zee will learn from their mistakes by analyzing their past decisions and make the perfect show will satisfy all the fans!! Whatever said and done we didn't like some characters in cb but they did a very good job. I order for this story to be a success I hope they will have good cast. They should have a good bond onscreen.

Edited by anusha34 - 13 years ago
Originally posted by anusha34

i hope that zee and PH will understand where they went wrong with cb. I hope they will give us a very good story with an outstanding cast. cb was a beautiful story but it took the wrong turn  in the middle of the story &  finally they ended it in a bad way. I hope that if they bring new characters in-between the story (eg keshav) they should complete their purpose. What I am trying to say is, that if you bring new character don't just bring for the sake of bringing and then kick them out.  keshav was there until the ashram episodes and after that he was not there in the story. They bought characters like vikram and then the story went in a different way!! i think only Shantanu's character was finished properly i.e. his death. Finally they brought this mataramji family and mataramji was a strong woman and finally her role ended in a way which didn't suit her character. I think zee has to respect each and every actor and respect their talent!! The actors who joined the story have mentioned that they are happy to act in cb because it was such an beautiful story. I hope this time zee will learn from their mistakes by analyzing their past decisions and make the perfect show will satisfy all the fans!! Whatever said and done we didn't like some characters in cb but they did a very good job. I order for this story to be a success I hope they will have good cast. They should have a good bond onscreen.

So well said Anusha ,,,, I totally agree with you...Problem with Zee, DJs was that first they introduced the characters midway supposed to be interesting, next thing they did not know what to do with them.....Because of their stupidity (thinking creativity) wasted good actors...Shantnu,s track was  going to be interesting, shown to be stalking Radhika and having Radhika look a like wife, but got confused....may be that time they wanted to introduce Radhika.s look like.....Maybe  as far as Zee is concerned, it was the case of too many cooks spoil the broth..They were just going on leaving the loose thread, never bothered to tie them....It is the common saying that when you are viewing Hindi soaps ,do not use you r brains no fun intended should be dumb....Think Zee and PH took this saying seriously and went on churning illogical turns and twists....Taking viewers for merry-go-round ride and still are...Hope this time as they have done their home_work(research) well  before starting the CB2....
Edited by neerjashingla - 13 years ago
Thanks for the news Misti ..now you too have joined with us in giving the good news πŸ˜† feeling so happy now ek ke baad ek good news mil rahe hain ..cant wait to see the new show ......