India-Forums

Pratigya
Pratigya

How To Increase Rankings -UPDATED

---Yemi--- IF-Rockerz
---Yemi---
---Yemi---

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 6:21am | IP Logged
I have seen a number of posts lately appealing to forums members to vote on the chaska meter so the show can climb higher on IF

1. - i dont think it records the vote by just refreshing the page and voting over & over..... i think you have to log out and log back in for the vote to count...... (someone correct me if i'm wrong)

2. - because it recrds the vote based on each unique IP address, i.e. your computer ID, the more different people vote, the better...... so all those newbies & silent readers, please always click that chaska meter everday IMMEDIATELY AFTER READING THE WRITTEN UPDATES. Clap

3 . - Apparently the ranking also takes into consideration the number of views on the daily written update..... we have had some wonderful members spending their time to give us the daily updates, currently, Tanthya is doing this for Pratigya, ..........please always open the daily written update thread and click 'like' or better yet, leave a comment. She does a great job so lets appreciate her everyday

The WU gets at least 80 - 100+ members that click the like botton......... now if 90 people also click the chaska meter immediately after reading the written update that right there is 450 votes for the week ........ adding weekend visitors to that we can get over 500 votes each week

it doesnt matter if you click 1 star or 5 star.......... its the clicks that count ........ so if you dont like the direction of the show, click the appropriate star TongueWink LOL

4. - its not only the chaska meter vote that affects our ranking.........  rate the IF videos too. Even if you only watch on TV and dont watch it on IF, open each video and rate  it .... if you leave a comment for each video, even better. (these days the videos are not updated regularly so our forum ranking is going down AngryCry)

To all Sept 10th epi addicts like me BlushingWinkLOL,( http://www.india-forums.com/tv-show/586/pratigya/video/97352-pratigya-202-2.htm ) imagine if we left a comment each time we watched that video on IF....... our ranking will be increasing every week .... if YT could clock 116,000 views and counting of that scene Dancing, then we can also raise the number of views in IF......... 

5. - Another thing I found out.........  it also counts the number of people who have Pratigya forum on their list of "My Forums". You can add to the list by clicking on the Star beside "My Forums' when you are on the Pratigya front page........ its also a way to create a shortcut to your favourite forums so you can access them more quickly & easily, whenever / where ever you are on IF

*************************************************************************************************************

Actor rankings - this is made up of 4 criteria - Views (225) + Buzz (150) + Comments (275) + Fans (350) for a total of 1000 points.

Granted we are not going to get the maximum points for fans yet becoz there are other actors with over 2000 fans,.......... and we may not get any Buzz points if there are no articles on our stars, but we can raise their ranking if we open their profile page (View) each time we are on the front page of Pratigya forum ......... all it takes is a botton click on the name,  and a back click to get back to the Pratigya page.......... if you leave a comment (Max 2 comments every 24hrs, 3 hrs apart), even better ......... click here for direct links to actor fan pages : http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1609816

Same thing applies when there is a Telly Buzz article, even if you dont comment, the number of views still count.

If anyone has more tips please feel free to add to this thread.Big smile

Hope this helps our show climb even higher in popularity, at least here on IF Big smile

Edited by yemi3006 - 22 March 2011 at 5:17am

The following 29 member(s) liked the above post:

foryoukriyasudharao100vishproshna1020coolfattinna9naLadyRosepheonix1-radhi-b2011sanitha7abcd2Alwayshopeful-BugsBunny-CrAzYREDFilza.Faiza.Fallen StarcorvetteHamiSkyPristineSoulLilac_N_MapleMitu_telstrapiyarapiyarifairy_tales....Poojie....carisma2-KadaKLonda-

Alwayshopeful IF-Dazzler
Alwayshopeful
Alwayshopeful

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 6:28am | IP Logged
Thanks YemsHug

I had no idea about any of thisEmbarrassed...wil do it now onwards

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

---Yemi---

Filza. IF-Rockerz
Filza.
Filza.

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 6:35am | IP Logged
thanks!! Big smile
didn't know about most of the things you mentioned, will do it from now 

---Yemi---

PristineSoul IF-Sizzlerz
PristineSoul
PristineSoul

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 6:43am | IP Logged
Wow... Yemi...

Thanks for the much needed info...

Actually... you dont have to log out and log in to hit the chask meter...
you can do it anytime you get on the main page...

As far as Rank goes....
The more the number of comments the higher is the Rank...

We need to comment regularly on the Actor's profile or whatever they call it...
we can comment end number of times...

Commenting on the TB articles also increases the actor's Rank,depending on whoever's article it is...

---Yemi---

---Yemi--- IF-Rockerz
---Yemi---
---Yemi---

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 6:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by KriYa_life

Wow... Yemi...

Thanks for the much needed info...

Actually... you dont have to log out and log in to hit the chask meter...
you can do it anytime you get on the main page...

As far as Rank goes....
The more the number of comments the higher is the Rank...

We need to comment regularly on the Actor's profile or whatever they call it...
we can comment end number of times...

Commenting on the TB articles also increases the actor's Rank,depending on whoever's article it is...

thx 4 the input Big smile

@ underlined -  i know we can click the meter anytime we are on the main page without having to log in / out .........  i do it constanty Embarrassed, .........but i guess my question is, when does it count each time, becoz i'm prety sure i click that thing more than 50 times each day but at the end of the week, it does not reflect on the total votes........  i wish someone from the DEV team can finally explain this Confused

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

AlwayshopefulPristineSoul

....Poojie.... IF-Stunnerz
....Poojie....
....Poojie....

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 7:02am | IP Logged
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1461456

This link provides us the Chaska Meter ratings information.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

---Yemi---Faiza.PristineSoul

corvette IF-Rockerz
corvette
corvette

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 7:17am | IP Logged
Whata great thread Yems! I had no idea of so many of the factors listed!!

Will do what i can to do my bit! Smile

---Yemi---

na9na Senior Member
na9na
na9na

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 8:03am | IP Logged
thanks yemi ,,,,its very helpful from tis thread

---Yemi---

Go to top