Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Aamir disappointed 'Peepli Live' is out of Oscars (Page 6)

qwww IF-Dazzler
qwww
qwww

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 11:51am | IP Logged
No you are great  - love reading your views Smile
But does the selection comittee change every year or is it the same set of folks who decide for years together ?
If it is the same set of people they will probably send Dobhi Ghaat next year.
Getting back on topic  - its ok for Aamir to be disappointed afterall its his movie. Even at the Oscars I have heard that a lot of lobbying goes on for the awards. The production houses spend a lot of money to publicize their movie etc. So its not like Oscars is sparkling white and our award shows are filthy black.  There were some idiotic Oscar winners in the past.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

LabRat34Nuktaacheen-Mmmmm-U-No-Poo

Nuktaacheen IF-Dazzler
Nuktaacheen
Nuktaacheen

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 11:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Neetu_PB_lover

have given my answer already....its not aamir...but the jury's and associations job....i dont think aamir himself send his moviesConfusedConfusedLOLLOL and also he doesnt pretend to be anything....its all upaj by the media...the guy simply makes movies and they done well...i dont know wht happens in his personal life and have no business..

that is certain....if a small documenatary LIKE SMILE PINKEYClap...from india can win something at oscar......so we can make much much bigger...the juries need to wake up

obviously, nobody sends their own movies.... what a ridiculous assumption....

did srk send paheli...??   TongueTongue    NO....!!

i edited that on my reply, btw... Tongue   obviously, they send whoever has more influence and clout... TongueTongue   and obviously, aamir did play a hand in getting his own movie picked... TongueTongueTongue

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

smarie-Mmmmm-Meena1

Nuktaacheen IF-Dazzler
Nuktaacheen
Nuktaacheen

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 11:54am | IP Logged
Originally posted by qwww

No you are great  - love reading your views Smile
But does the selection comittee change every year or is it the same set of folks who decide for years together ?
If it is the same set of people they will probably send Dobhi Ghaat next year.
Getting back on topic  - its ok for Aamir to be disappointed afterall its his movie. Even at the Oscars I have heard that a lot of lobbying goes on for the awards. The production houses spend a lot of money to publicize their movie etc. So its not like Oscars is sparkling white and our award shows are filthy black.  There were some idiotic Oscar winners in the past.

i agree... even oscars are quite overrated... but then, most awards are... nothing is perfect...!

the only good thing is that there is a lot less bias (make that tons less) compared to our wonderful bollywood awards....!!  

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

qwww-Mmmmm-

Neetu_PB_lover IF-Dazzler

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 11:56am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
tina59 IF-Rockerz
tina59
tina59

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 11:57am | IP Logged
I have the same issue, why cant the indian association takes an unbiased look at all the cinema from all over the country and send the one worthy of winning an oscar. Instead its all abt bollywood , c'mon when will they realise that

indian cinema does not equal to bollywood

I was watching the news and the canadian newspapers it seems headline was " IIFA was the indian oscars" and I was like what the hell....

why do they name the awards IIFA (International indian film awards" and gives awards only to bollywood, that itself is a shame and i just feel its not right

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

qwertyfiedNuktaacheenqwwwkoolchick--ania---Mmmmm-

Nuktaacheen IF-Dazzler
Nuktaacheen
Nuktaacheen

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 12:00pm | IP Logged
udaan had better chances, true...

LOLLOLLOL   committee obviously loves bollywood...  warna, they wouldn't have send movies like eklavya, or paheli in the past.... and now, they are in love with all aamir movies, it seems...!!   TongueTongueTongue

why wouldn't the article be true... Confused  it doesn't say anything against aamir... and any filmmaker would be disappointed if his movie was not selected... so aamir isn't the first one...!

IIFA are the indian oscars.... Shocked   great....!   LOLLOLLOL

Edited by Nuktaacheen - 20 January 2011 at 12:01pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

qwww-Mmmmm-

Neetu_PB_lover IF-Dazzler

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 12:03pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
Nuktaacheen IF-Dazzler
Nuktaacheen
Nuktaacheen

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 12:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Neetu_PB_lover

Originally posted by Nuktaacheen

obviously, nobody sends their own movies.... what a ridiculous assumption....

did srk send paheli...??   TongueTongue    NO....!!

i edited that on my reply, btw... Tongue   obviously, they send whoever has more influence and clout... TongueTongue   and obviously, aamir did play a hand in getting his own movie picked... TongueTongueTongue
LOLLOLLOLLOL had it MNIK selected than aamir had no hand right?? this is too much..srk's movies have been sent to oscars too....tht year paheli was sent to oscars where MANGAL PANDEY had also the brighter chance..why did aamir used his hand that time....this is simply ridiculous...

i have already said tht the jury needs to send better movies.....like udaan was defintely better than peepli live...a marvellous movie, but if its not sent .. than its not aamir's fault.....now i don't wanna argue on this....

i wish aamir all the best.....have heard nice abt dhobi ghat....and looking forward to it.......oscar worthy or not..but i am sure its will be good....gonna tomorrow see it...

Ermm   did you not read my reply... or you choose to ignore certain parts so you can bash others...?  TongueTongueTongue   i have very clearly mentioned Paheli too....!!   srk bigger star, so obviously whose movie gets picked... TongueTongueTongue

obviously, if they had send MNIK, that would mean that srk must have influenced the jury or karan johar... he loves lobbying for awards too...!   TongueTongue   and aamir isn't much different from the others... so obviously he would use his infuence... TongueTongueTongueTongue   the guy thinks he is the only one capable of making good movies....!   Ermm  

Go to top