Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

U-No-Poo thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 13 years ago
I think natalie portman deserved it for black swan too. 
Originally posted by: smartie_pants

King's speech was just wow!!!! πŸ‘ i loved Colin firth and Geoffrey Rush in tht movie!!!😳Totally well deserved award..

yeh....it feels wierd to use the word "actor" to describe both Colin firth AND Zayed khan......the world is an unfair place...

Have you seen 'Single Man' that released last year. I believe he was very close to winning the Oscar. The performance was very poigant.

I'm a big Colin Firth fan and can go on talking about him.....
Nuktaacheen thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: CZ..

I had really rooted for lagaan though. I was up at 6 am in the morning to watch the live telecast of oscars that day πŸ˜† I was hopelessly sad when it didn't win πŸ˜” πŸ˜†

don't think you were the only one....!

i was kinda disappointed too... i absolutely loved lagaan... there was something missing in peepli... lagaan was a much better movie... and best of all, it wasn't at all pretentious like peepli....!   πŸ˜›πŸ˜›   though, i won't say peepli live was a bad movie at all....!

aamir will continue to make movies and using his influence to try and send them to the oscars... but will he succeed, only time will tell....!   πŸ˜‰πŸ˜›πŸ˜›πŸ˜›
oh yeh...i remember watching the news telecast when lagaan didnt win, and the guys who played team members in the film were like crying on TV...i couldnt control myself either...lagaan was very well made..
U-No-Poo thumbnail
Originally posted by: Nuktaacheen

don't think you were the only one....!

i was kinda disappointed too... i absolutely loved lagaan... there was something missing in peepli... lagaan was a much better movie... and best of all, it wasn't at all pretentious like peepli....!   πŸ˜›πŸ˜›   though, i won't say peepli live was a bad movie at all....!

aamir will continue to make movies and using his influence to try and send them to the oscars... but will he succeed, only time will tell....!   πŸ˜›

I love lagaan too. it's another film that I can watch again and again. I remember how obsessed I had become with this film when it released and bought it's pirated VCD a week after πŸ˜† 

well, peepli was undoubtedly good. the portrayal of the hindi media was quite true to a large extent. I know some people feel that it was way too exaggerated and unrealistic but unfortunately that's how the hindi media actually is. they don't shy away from publicizing someone's poop if they have to, in order to gain TRP's. but it is definitely not oscar material. I really can't pinpoint what the film lacked πŸ˜• 
Edited by CZ.. - 13 years ago
MissIffiy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
i went to sleep watching lagaan i should rewatch it with a mug of coffee next to me was it that good i was bored 
U-No-Poo thumbnail

oh yeh...i remember watching the news telecast when lagaan didnt win, and the guys who played team members in the film were like crying on TV...i couldnt control myself either...lagaan was very well made..

I cried too, and there was this huge report on the news channels analyzing the reasons why lagaan didn't win πŸ˜† and I was glued to the television, watching all those useless reports πŸ˜†
^^well i found lagaan to be gr8..but different strokes for different folks... Edited by smartie_pants - 13 years ago
U-No-Poo thumbnail

^^well i found lagaan to be gr8..but different strokes for different folks...

yeah, I guess. pity the oscars didn't recognize the awesomeness that was lagaan *shakes head*
U-No-Poo thumbnail
on a side note, as far as gowarikar's work is concerned, I find swades an overall better film.