dd's take on glycerine torture

Posted: 13 years ago

The side effects of looking natural on screen according to her are, "Burning, blood red, sore eyes and a constantly running nose." Once she gets home she just crashes as her poor eyes need some rest. Drashti Dhami, who plays the bubbly Geet in Geet ' Hui Sabse Parayi is slightly relieved because her character is going through a happy phase these days. "Now the crying has reduced a lot, but during the early days, I didn't just have to cry, I had to howl. Even if I got angry, I had to cry. Now you can't naturally shed so much tears. My eyes got so used to glycerine that tears wouldn't flow even after I used half a bottle. Due to the quantity of glycerine I had to use, especially during close-ups my eyes were constantly puffy, red and would sting." After pack-up and in between breaks Drashti would constantly be washing her eyes with chilled water for some relief.

Ironically, while her eyes are rejoicing the lack of tears now, her poor head is continuing to protest. "My wig is so heavy and the clip so tight that apart from a constant headache, I have to now live with bald patches (the clip pulls at her hair) too."

These poor heroines really do lead a painful life and the sad part is that glycerine, with all its cons is the best option available in the market. Sneha says she has tried something called tear sticks as an alternative to glycerine, but it has camphor in it and makes her eyes burn even more. So she has no choice but to stick to glycerine and use Eye Cool, a liquid used to soothe burning eyes between breaks. Talk about leading a tearful life.

Edited by sanjh1234 - 13 years ago
Oh my poor dears.. πŸ˜Š

Love you DD.. β€οΈπŸ‘
 O poor baby,suffering so much for us.😭Kudos to u,DD for taking all the trouble to entertain us.πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘ Luvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv u baby❀️,muahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!πŸ€—

Awww.... My poor baby... Thank you so much and really feel sad that we give you so much of pain... 😳

But sorry we can't help it... Can't stay without watching you for a day... πŸ˜‰ Aap logon ne hi hamari aadat bigadi hai. (you only spoilt us) πŸ˜†
lucky male actors have to bear less torture than female .acting is truely a tough job yaar
Can u add the link of the article?........
aww..thts bad..i hope thy finish with the wedding shooting really soon..
nawwwww poorr dd
we all knwo ur the best actress and hope u won't have to do any sad scenes any moreee hope u get well
My wig is so heavy and the clip so tight that apart from a constant headache, I have to now live with bald patches (the clip pulls at her hair) too."

what wig is she talking about does she wear a wig i thought she used to straight her hair :O
Originally posted by kashkasukajenn

nawwwww poorr dd
we all knwo ur the best actress and hope u won't have to do any sad scenes any moreee hope u get well
My wig is so heavy and the clip so tight that apart from a constant headache, I have to now live with bald patches (the clip pulls at her hair) too."

what wig is she talking about does she wear a wig i thought she used to straight her hair :O
her hair r curly