India-Forums

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

dd's take on glycerine torture

saanjh11 IF-Sizzlerz
saanjh11
saanjh11

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 5:02am | IP Logged

The side effects of looking natural on screen according to her are, "Burning, blood red, sore eyes and a constantly running nose." Once she gets home she just crashes as her poor eyes need some rest. Drashti Dhami, who plays the bubbly Geet in Geet ' Hui Sabse Parayi is slightly relieved because her character is going through a happy phase these days. "Now the crying has reduced a lot, but during the early days, I didn't just have to cry, I had to howl. Even if I got angry, I had to cry. Now you can't naturally shed so much tears. My eyes got so used to glycerine that tears wouldn't flow even after I used half a bottle. Due to the quantity of glycerine I had to use, especially during close-ups my eyes were constantly puffy, red and would sting." After pack-up and in between breaks Drashti would constantly be washing her eyes with chilled water for some relief.

Ironically, while her eyes are rejoicing the lack of tears now, her poor head is continuing to protest. "My wig is so heavy and the clip so tight that apart from a constant headache, I have to now live with bald patches (the clip pulls at her hair) too."

These poor heroines really do lead a painful life and the sad part is that glycerine, with all its cons is the best option available in the market. Sneha says she has tried something called tear sticks as an alternative to glycerine, but it has camphor in it and makes her eyes burn even more. So she has no choice but to stick to glycerine and use Eye Cool, a liquid used to soothe burning eyes between breaks. Talk about leading a tearful life.

Edited by sanjh1234 - 20 January 2011 at 5:04am

The following 22 member(s) liked the above post:

gitika.jzainah320ManneetFANkinnikaneha1779kumari3SakshiGarganshimanshiQueenbeePallavigauranitaisubiamanesha143mechantefillemaneet_forever9-HJ-roseinbloomSerendipity..AbsoluvAmoureux49erFanbobby13rocksSecretKhabri420

Beautiful-Life Senior Member
Beautiful-Life
Beautiful-Life

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 6:17am | IP Logged
Oh my poor dears.. Smile

Love you DD.. HeartClap

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

kumari3saanjh11Amoureux

bobby13rocks IF-Stunnerz
bobby13rocks
bobby13rocks

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 6:23am | IP Logged
 O poor baby,suffering so much for us.CryKudos to u,DD for taking all the trouble to entertain us.Thumbs UpClap Luvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv u babyHeart,muahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!Hug

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

kumari3saanjh11Amoureux

Amoureux IF-Sizzlerz
Amoureux
Amoureux

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 6:24am | IP Logged

Awww.... My poor baby... Thank you so much and really feel sad that we give you so much of pain... Embarrassed

But sorry we can't help it... Can't stay without watching you for a day... Wink Aap logon ne hi hamari aadat bigadi hai. (you only spoilt us) LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

saanjh11bobby13rocks

saanjh11 IF-Sizzlerz
saanjh11
saanjh11

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 6:30am | IP Logged
lucky male actors have to bear less torture than female .acting is truely a tough job yaar
SecretKhabri420 IF-Addictz
SecretKhabri420
SecretKhabri420

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 6:32am | IP Logged
Can u add the link of the article?........
Serendipity.. IF-Sizzlerz
Serendipity..
Serendipity..

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 6:32am | IP Logged
aww..thts bad..i hope thy finish with the wedding shooting really soon..

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

saanjh11

kashkasukajenn Senior Member
kashkasukajenn
kashkasukajenn

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 6:43am | IP Logged
nawwwww poorr dd
we all knwo ur the best actress and hope u won't have to do any sad scenes any moreee hope u get well
My wig is so heavy and the clip so tight that apart from a constant headache, I have to now live with bald patches (the clip pulls at her hair) too."

what wig is she talking about does she wear a wig i thought she used to straight her hair :O

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

saanjh11

Go to top