Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

"No IPL, I'm not a billionaire" - Saif

desigal90 IF-Stunnerz
desigal90
desigal90

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 3:50am | IP Logged

No IPL, I'm not a billionaire: Saif Ali Khan

Some of his Bollywood peers own one. But Saif Ali Khan says he has moved on from his dream of owning an Indian Premier League (IPL) team since he's 'not a billionaire' and wants to focus on acting and production instead.

'We were at one point considering getting involved (in IPL), but now I think it's quite a blessing in disguise that we didn't, you know. It was far too expensive,' Saif told IANS in a casual chat in his hotel room in the capital.

Shah Rukh Khan owns an IPL team, so do Shilpa Shetty and Preity Zinta. But Saif has stayed away.

'When other people got involved, it was a more reasonable idea than when we were going to get involved. You see, I am not a billionaire. Compared to three or four years ago, last year was not something that was working for us in that way,' says Saif.

'And now I feel it's all for the best because I'd like to concentrate on films and film production rather than divert my time and give so much and not be sure I'm getting back 100 percent. It'll take a long time to make something like that work,' he added, sipping water out of a wine glass.

His association with cricket, however, goes a long way. After all, he is the son of Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi, former cricketer and erstwhile royal.

The actor has also been rubbing shoulders with current skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni in commercials for Lay's chips. Now there's an all new Lay's Flavour World Cup 2011 campaign and Saif was here to unveil the same, as its endorser.

So is he planning to catch any match live during the upcoming ICC World Cup starting Feb 19?

'Oh! I'd love to go and watch it live. Can you get me a ticket?' the 40-year-old asked childishly before confessing he really wants to watch a match between 'India and Australia' live during the tournament.

Sporting a trimmed Zappa moustache minus the goatee, which is his new look for Prakash Jha's 'Aarakshan', the actor was visibly jet lagged after the completion of his new year vacation in Gstaad, Switzerland, with beloved Kareena Kapoor.

Asked how he was taking his graduation from actor to producer, Saif said: 'It seems like a natural way to go after years of working for other people.

'We've learned a lot from other production houses like Yash Raj (Films) and Dharma (Productions). I'm really grateful to them. Now it's time to do things on your own,' added the actor who successfully produced 'Love Aaj Kal' (2009) and is currently providing support for his spy thriller 'Agent Vinod' under his banner Illuminati Films.

Any particular scripts that Saif the producer is looking at?

'I think all sorts of…the same kind I'd look at as an actor. Anything from a weird kind of offbeat film to 'Agent Vinod',' he said visibly engrossed in the trailer of Aamir Khan's 'Dhobi Ghat' on a giant screen hung in his room.

But will he star in all his productions?

'Not necessarily at all, but probably initially. That's the whole idea. If we make more than one movie a year then I'd like to work with other people also and the same goes for my production people,' he said, stretching himself on a chair.

Asked if he was looking at rolling out a particular number in a year, Saif responded: 'No. Nothing like that. I'd imagine that would be pretty dangerous. Ideally, we should be making two films a year with various budgets from big to small.'

Saif's other future projects include 'Race 2' and another home production 'Cocktail', a love triangle to be directed by Homi Adajania.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

NuktaacheenMeena1

desigal90 IF-Stunnerz
desigal90
desigal90

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 3:52am | IP Logged
" Compared to three or four years ago, last year was not something that was working for us in that way,' says Saif.

Confirms what I heard. Saif's family have lost most of their family fortunes. people think saif is super super rich, but really, he's not .  Prolly not  compared to some of the superstars out there. That's one of the main reasons he ventured out into production. For financial stability in the future. 

It makes me laugh when ppl say Kareena's only with saif for the money. Especially considering how much money she herself makes, lol

Edited by desigal90 - 20 January 2011 at 3:53am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Nuktaacheenkoolchick-SMay31-bamboocopterMeena1

ruky786 IF-Stunnerz
ruky786
ruky786

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 4:10am | IP Logged
'And now I feel it's all for the best because I'd like to concentrate on films and film production rather than divert my time and give so much and not be sure I'm getting back 100 percent. It'll take a long time to make something like that work,' he added, sipping water out of a wine glass.

ROFL ROFLROFLthe bold part made me laugh

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

cricketfan1koolchickMeena1

Gobsmacked IF-Rockerz

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 4:28am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

koolchickamy22gossipgurlsfriends_rockruky786Meena1

Meena1 IF-Stunnerz

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 5:07am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

koolchickamy22ruky786

ruky786 IF-Stunnerz
ruky786
ruky786

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 5:15am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Meena1

Originally posted by ruky786

ROFL ROFLROFLthe bold part made me laugh

Wht do you expect, the guys lost all his "fortune".. toh abh paani pee kar he guzaara kar raha hai.. LOL

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Good one Meena I liked it
ruky786 IF-Stunnerz
ruky786
ruky786

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 5:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by pragya0

Saif is indeed a 'Gareeb Nawab'.

ROFL Koena's quote haha good one
anku- IF-Sizzlerz
anku-
anku-

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 5:59am | IP Logged
I am loving the Lay's ads too with Saif and Mahi. Both my favs. :D I can't wait for ICC WC. :D
And noo Saifu, with IPL, even the losers get more money than you can imagine. LMAO. Soo, goo for IPL.

Go to top