Ralph gets candid - indya.com

Armu4eva Coolbie
Armu4eva
Armu4eva

** Super Coolbie **

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 3:32am | IP Logged
Ralph gets candid
STARONE.IN

Ralph aka Alex O' Neil of Dhoondh Legi Manzil Humein on STAR One is excited about his latest role. We catch up with him as he discusses about the show, his character, the future track and much more.

STARONE.IN

What do you like most about your character Ralph and the show Dhoondh Legi Manzil Humein?

I am glad that I am playing an American in Dhoondh Legi Manzil Humein. It's a nice change because most of the time I am asked to play a UK based character. Out of the 8 films that I have acted in I have played a European in 6 of them. I am an American in real life but I have to keep adopting English accent for these roles. Another thing that I love is that it is a present day story. Most of my past roles have been historical characters. The show is interesting because it features a girl Alka with a background in the western world. She has spent most of her life abroad and her family has a modern outlook, they do not mind her getting married to a westerner. My character Ralph does not understand Alka's problems and misunderstands her relationship with Chander to be a romantic one. Actually Alka is trying to bring about a social change and assisting a girl and guy from different communities in getting married. Ralph misunderstands her affection for Chander and you will now get to see his negative side as he is jealous because she is not giving him enough attention. At one point he breaks down and questions her about who is more important to her. Ralph is thrown into a situation where he beguns to think about where his relationship with Alka is heading. The range of emotions that I am getting to display in this show is interesting at one moment I am smiling and the next moment angry and jealous. So yes there is a lot to look forward to in Ralph and Alka's story.

How is the experience of shooting with co-star and Sara Khan?

Sara is wonderful and I love the way she plays Alka. Sara herself has spent many years in the UK so she can relate to Alka who has just come back to India. Just like Sara, Alka too is rediscovering her country. Both of us connect well because we relate to our characters. Overall I would describe Sara as beautiful and an excellent actress. Working with her is a wonderful experience and both of us are very comfortable. I depend on my co-actor because I believe that acting is all about reacting and I learnt this from Mr. Amitabh Bachachan with whom I have acted in a film. Sara is a great support and even when she is not on camera she gives me her reaction and that is a great help.

What is your view about the theme of the show- a love story with a political background?

It's great that the show does not deal with fighting over insignificant issues. It deals with issues that real people face. Many of my dialogues are in English and this shows that the Indian audience is more global now. We are not trying to make it easy by making Ralph speak in Hindi all the time. Plus the show deals with various issues- it has multiple love stories, politics, inter-caste marriages and much more.

In upcoming episodes will we see Ralph creating problems between Alka and Chander?

Yes Ralph is jealous and insecure. I suspect that my fianc has fallen in love with Chander. I have left my country and travelled to India for Alka and now I see her spending time with Chander rather than being with me. So you will see the negative side of Ralph soon.

Ralph seems to have some negative shades, were you apprehensive about playing such a role?

Not at all. Ralph may seem negative but I do not think that I am doing anything wrong. I have come all the way to India for Alka but she is not giving me time and attention and that is the reason why I am frustrated. I wonder why I am engaged to this girl who does not care for me and is spending time with another guy. I have left my country for her so Ralph's character has real human emotions. It is not dimensional and boring. Ralph also has a positive side. He loves Alka and adores Abhishek, so it depends on the situation that he is placed in.

In the show Ralph has come to India for the first time, does that bring back memories of your first visit?

Yes it reminds me of the time I first visited India. I really relate to Ralph because even I had come here leaving America sometime back and it took me time to adjust here.

What can we expect in future episodes?

I am looking forward to see how Ralph's character shapes up. I am not aware of the future story but ultimately its going to be Alka and Chander's love story. I will just try to interpret what the writers want from me. The writers have a better idea of what is coming up. For now Ralph is unhappy and frustrated but things will change according to the circumstances.

Can we expect to see you and Shweta in a show together in the near future?

I would love to work with Shweta but actors can't decide with whom they should be cast. Shweta is one of the best actors I know and I am not saying this just because she is my wife. Unfortunately she has not yet got the right platform to display her talent. Shweta is currently having a great time shooting for a travel show in Thailand.

Message for fans

I receive a lot of comments on Facebook and email about people enjoying my work on TV and movies. I want my fans to be straight forward. People don't necessarily have to enjoy my work all the time. They should give me a good and honest opinion. They can tell me if they do not like my work or cannot relate to the character. I also want to thank them for watching my shows and request them to keep giving feedback.

Watch Dhoondh Legi Manzil Humein, Monday to Saturday, at 9:00 PM, on STAR ONE.

StarOne news
Natasha Coutinho/Hill Road Media
StarOne news
Thursday, January 20, 2011
http://starone.in/news/1246/ralph-gets-candid.aspx

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

SomerholicGirlpeachesnplumsPrinsesse.Suvi-Swetha-

-Swetha- IF-Addictz
-Swetha-
-Swetha-

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 5:10am | IP Logged

I am not aware of the future story but ultimately its going to be Alka and Chander's love story.Tongue

Shilpa.Agarwal IF-Dazzler
Shilpa.Agarwal
Shilpa.Agarwal

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 6:12am | IP Logged
aweeeesomeeeee......alex is acting soooo well n i'm lovinn ralph-alka!!!
bDgT IF-Dazzler
bDgT
bDgT

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 7:44am | IP Logged
Thank you Tanu :)) I too am here - check out my posts and poll
Prinsesse.Suvi IF-Sizzlerz
Prinsesse.Suvi
Prinsesse.Suvi

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 6:37pm | IP Logged
Thanks!
So we get to see a jealous ralphLOL
peachesnplums IF-Sizzlerz
peachesnplums
peachesnplums

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 1:59am | IP Logged
great interview...hope alex gets to showcase his talents on the show and isn't shortchanged for all the hard work he is putting in...

good to know it'll be alka's and chander's love story going forward...that would be one helluva an interesting track, given babuji's reservations...how will he feel about alka and a subordinate worker being in love...ralph is an outsider, but chander lives in the city, and public perceptions can be very important for some politicians..hope the creatives don't ruin the story as it moves ahead..

Edited by peachesnplums - 21 January 2011 at 1:59am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Prinsesse.Suvi

Neetu_PB_lover IF-Dazzler

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 11:13am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index