The slaughter of Innocence and Trust !!

Posted: 13 years ago

"A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague."
                                                                                                                                Marcus Tullius Cicero

Shakthi takes the drugged milk from Amma's hands andbegins to move towards smoting the life of a mute soul only to be stopped by SS, the patriarch ,the shepherd who has decided that one from his flock will have to leave the flock permanently..Like a kind but hard farmer SS reiterates "Kill that gentle lamb with love !! " Shakthi, the butcher of TN nods and goes in search of the sacrificial ewe....

Strange to see how a good dinner and feasting reconciles everybody.
                                                                                                                  Samuel Pepys

Komal has decided that  she will get her  man and Suhaag raat through cooking and she is found busily and joyously tearing down the cabbage, kneading a watery dough ,chopping the onions without shedding tears  *Teach me how*....She dips the the raw dough into the unheated oil  *cos the stove has not been lit* and miraculously brings out cooked Poori's....But seeing that Komal is preparing continental Poori's..Nainji chips in and rolls out circular pooris..The Senior Sax women exchange a smile finally happy that the mercurial Thakur is being tamed into  a Sanskaari Bahu....In the dining Table , Sax is having 1000 degree vibration's, he is vibrating with Hunger ...He frowns, The clone Adarsh too frown's..Finally Nainaji sashays in holding the bowl and lays it on the table ..while little thumbelina follows with her own set of bowl's...She serves them , Sax takes the first bite after getting Momma's permission and his brow furrows ..he wants to know the chef ...and little clone too pips up and follows Papa's direction..cos Sax explains that Food is glorious Nainaji says with trepidation "It was cooked by Komal"..Sax is all praise for Komal's talent  *Perhaps  the memory of Komal calling him Bhudau during one of her earlier culinary experiments resonates and he plays it safe this timeπŸ˜†*

Pratigya is sitting on the bed, [wearing the same cardigan that she has been wearing from past 2 days ,doesn't she have another one]...deep in thought and internally subjecting SS action to Microscopic lens and and rewinding everything in slow motion..Krishna comes out from the mythical bathroom complaining about the cold  *Baba, Mard ko Thand nahi lagtha..samajhbo* ..and quickly sidles into the quilt, not getting enough warmth he turns towards Pratigya seeking extra warmth only to realize that the Ice queen is busy in far away land...He brings her back to the present by asking what has brought on the frown to mar this lovely face *Ofc, I am making it up * to which The Ice maiden thaws enough to reply that I am thinking about Bauji's action, Krishna is all bristling and charges in to protect his father's name ...he adroitly brings in Pratigya's N visits to her Papa and says in comparison Kesar is going only on her first visit, so why are u complaining ...then perceiving the cross look Pratigya is giving, Krishna  realizes he may be left to fend for himself the whole night and festinates to alleviate her grievances ..He deftly diverts her mind off his transgression and brings on a smile  in her face and quick Silver Krishna realizes he has hit a jackpot, he hustles her slowly and smoothly into the closing gate and Zip zap Zooom...πŸ˜‰

Murder, like talent, seems occasionally to run in families.
                                                                                    George Henry Lewes

"I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you"

Friedrich Nietzsche

Shakthi walks in to fulfill his deadly agenda , while Kesar is packing her bags [literally and figuratively ]..She is  a bit shocked and wary to see Her Monster-nath standing in the doorstep with a contrite expression while the eyes are entirely malignant , confused with this contradicting signals, Kesar slowly gets up and her limpid gaze fixes on him. Shakthi comes in and inquires as to why she is surprised to see him *Bey, U never visit her unless u want a fix, and now u come all of sudden like an angel with a halo, she will be shocked,na BailBuddhi*.He says that I have never loved you , but now that u are going..a micro-infinitesimal pause and fairly spits out "I feel that there is some affection in some corner of my heart * You have a Heart, Tanthya is Shocked and her heart stands still, resuscitate me please*  Kesar maintains her golden silence while her eyes shoots verbal volleys of Suspicion,distrust and disbelief, Shakthi , the thick skinned shakthi is not aware of the communication fairly bustling from her eyes and is intent in his own agenda..Shakthi spouts eloquence " even one tends to fall in love with Trees n animals and u r a human after all and my wife , believe it or not I do love you, Kesar swiftly looks up with incredulous eyes,oblivious to this Shakthi puts on a mien of an Adorable Kitten  and a voice laced with warm honey dipped in poison says "See I have  brought u a  hot cup *oh please not Sax* of Milk *Thank the heaven for small ,mercies*  Kesar impassively looks at the milk and without any hurry bestows the same look on him , Shakthi continues his salesman routine ," I have not given u anything till date *Not counting the beatings, abortions and trauma of losing a full term baby ofc* so brought this milk thinking of the cold and the long journey *Usually milk is poured after the person dies and here u r giving it now itself, Monster😑*  Kesar does not buy this sudden show of thoughtfulness and passively rejects his offering, Shakthi cranks up his charming meter and urges her to drink it, Kesar succumbs and takes the proffered milk and drinks it .Shakthi is all happy at the way his mission was accomplished so smoothly...He gets up to place the empty glass on the table while the drug begins to act on the hapless Kesar..Kesar is little scared when she begins to feel drowsy and giddy, she rubs her temples as if this action will ward of this unpleasant sensation ,while Shakthi stands and watches Kesar's action as a biologist watching action's of a rare specimen, Kesar looks up at Shakthi only to encounter a blurry Shakthi, Shakthi cant resist pushing the Knife : What happened? is something affecting you?, Kesar does not react or perhaps it has gone over her head  , she is busy trying to stay awake , Shakthi comes in to have a closer look and also gloat, he inquires solicitously " u must be enjoying it , do u know what u have ingested"..Adjuring Kesar not to get scared, Shakthi further turns the Knife "from today all ur pain,suffering will end" Kesar looks at him, confused.. Shakthi continues remorselessly " Now you can sleep forever peacefully and without any disturbance"  This words penetrates through  the Haze which Kesar is harboring and a cold ,clammy tendril of fear pushes its  way through her rapidly beating heart and shows itself in her eyes , Shakthi promises her that he will allow her to sleep for seven janam's..Kesar proceeds to sleep fulfilling the first janam quota, but Shakthi stops her from sleeping * He has not finished yet* ..Shakthi is on a monologue overdrive , "No one will know, did u know " Kesar shakes her head to ward off the effects and for few seconds ,consciousness comes and she focuses on Shakthi and his words..She begins to finally realize the full import of Shakthi's words and  kesar is shocked and with one final burst of consciousness, her eyes full of betrayal and pain, she implores to know the reason for such an heinous act , A happy and overconfident Shakthi supplies it "Aarushi"...not content with that he further piles on salt by adding that should she see the God in heaven , instead of complaining about her husband, she must ask God that during the next birth she must be born with fair skin..wrapping the last vestige of her consciousness around herself, Kesar wants to know what was her fault..to which the inhuman Shakhti retorts ..How to say what was ur fault implying that there was too many to enumerate...

Overall an absorbing and engrossing epi ...I was lost in the sheer brilliance of Kb's acting..y'day was her show all the way ..the first look of suspicion, The succumbing to the pattern of obeying her husband blindly inspite of being actively leery about his action's and motives , the hazy confusion when drugs begin to take their toll , the drowsiness, the weaving of her body as the drug begins to take effect, her total puzzlement at this and when she comprehends the truth the fear and panic fighting with desire to close her eyes,her final need to know the answers for this dastardly deed was WOW....not lagging behind would be Jaswant..the initial looks of utter normalcy, his way of cajoling Kesar, lulling her, so that she may fall into his trap , the brief pause when he says with suppressed disgust that he loves her, the fascination with which he watches the drug taking effect on Kesar, his urge to gloat over the successful mission , the vileness and hatred in his eyes while all sugary words pour out from his mouth was simply awesome...Both were competing to out do one another ,,,but it was KB who won by a mile..

The shrew is  getting tamed, she has begun to cook understanding that a way to the man's heart is through the stomach and to prove that this indeed was true, we saw Adarsh shooting  a smile of appreciation in her direction which was lapped up by a thirsty Komal

SS as the patriarch was very good.. he has a soft spot for Kesar but he also knows that Kesar is redundant  and is useless and like a Farmer , he decided to cull the useless one , but even then he wants to give this useless beast a loving and peaceful farewell ..so he admonishes his son to lay off his beastliness and be a kind and considerate husband for one night...He reminded of a owner putting a dog down all the while murmuring sweet nothing into the dog's ear while injecting poison into its heart

A few question's arise in my mind...what was the need to kill Kesar??..when it is being shown that Kesar is going to her maika..what was the need to terminate her life??...The obvious answer is Aarushi..but how will this pave the way for legalizing Aarushi- Shakthi Alliance,when Kesar is supposedly alive and kicking in Maika ...for as long as Kesar is considered to be alive, The Aarushi-Shakthi alliance is not happening one...The Thakur's do not have anything to gain  by keeping the Kesar is alive perception but have everything to gain with Kesar's death....Second, since the Thakur's are  proficient in Poison usage, why not use such a poison that will kill Kesar when she is on the train ...I hope that, CV's will shed some light on this...

when u are cooking, one always lights a fire, The CV's erred by showing a unlit stove frying the poori [Teach us this trick too. environment will get saved ]...It has been drummed into us that Sax were into penury and were just a step away from the streets, then what miracle has happened..suddenly there are dishes galore, a cask full of Flour, A table laden with fresh vegetable..Has the tide turned..??

One wears a shawl to ward off cold and not as a style statement..It would have been more appropriate had Nainaji wrapped it around herself and given a fair imitation of being a MIL and not act out as a 30 year old youngster ...Plus why is adarsh in formals even at home...doe not he posses any night dress ??

Edited by tanthya - 13 years ago
nice tathzzzzz.....nice post..i agree...yester KB's acting was ammmzing...she was at her best acting yesterday.....ammmmmmmmazing....da way she was going to fall down each time n KN holding her...waah kya acting hai...kisi ki nazar naa lage....em s sad dat we r going to lose suc a talented actor😭

even i noticed da unlighted stove n the poori scenario...hehheheh....

why didnt dey show the SR off yest only...y da hell r dey dragging it????omg i hope dat dey r not keeping it for the ME?????werghhhhhhhhhhh...!!!

Once again...GREAT POST TANTHZ!

Nechu
Awesome post and fabulously done..... Ur post has caught the emotions to the best , not only of the characters but of the audiences as well.... I truly agree with u when u say KP was at her best and KN as always did a fab job.... While as for Sax, the Poori's did perhaps cook with the fright of komal, hence saved the Gas..... and as far as Adarsh's night suit is concerned, may be he has kept it for his SR..... Once again Hats off to u- for such a commendable writing
Kesar is made to move to maika so that P will not have a chance to persuade S's first wife to lodge a police complaint..Tnath..

Police need evidence..whom will she take to police station to file about bigamy case....
this sud be the reason Tanth..

its not about making KN-A marraige legal..its about eradicating the only living evidence or proof about S's first wife...
Originally posted by HamiSky

Kesar is made to move to maika so that P will not have a chance to persuade S's first wife to lodge a police complaint..Tnath..

Police need evidence..whom will she take to police station to file about bigamy case....
this sud be the reason Tanth..

its not about making KN-A marraige legal..its about eradicating the only living evidence or proof about S's first wife...

That is a weak premise , Hams..cos if Pratigya had to persuade, she would have done it earlier itself.....She did try not once but twice and her quest was rejected twice...and SS  is sure about Kesar..he knows that Kesar will not do anything detrimental to their honor...Sorry  I do not agree with your summation..

The only reason I can come with is that SS has always said that Divorce is not allowed in their khaandan, it is like a humiliation to them ..His original intention was to keep both the DIL's at TN house but when Police entered the pic and with Pratigya's assertion's that Aarushi's wedding is illegal and Shakthi's obsession and their need for Potha...situ changed...now it has become imperative to eliminate the obstacle that prevents the legalizing of Aarushi- Shakthi marriage...Hence the death rather than Divorce !!..But I would like this  confirmed..
Originally posted by Sun7shine

Awesome post and fabulously done..... Ur post has caught the emotions to the best , not only of the characters but of the audiences as well.... I truly agree with u when u say KP was at her best and KN as always did a fab job.... While as for Sax, the Poori's did perhaps cook with the fright of komal, hence saved the Gas..... and as far as Adarsh's night suit is concerned, may be he has kept it for his SR..... Once again Hats off to u- for such a commendable writing

the Poori's did perhaps cook with the fright of komal, ...πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Good one , Shining Sun !!πŸ‘πŸ‘

U dont need Night suits for SR ....πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†...

Thank You for ur enthusiastic appreciation , U bring joy and warmth to my heart...πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜›
Originally posted by tanthya

the Poori's did perhaps cook with the fright of komal, ...πŸ˜†

Good one , Shining Sun !!πŸ‘πŸ‘

U dont need Night suits for SR ....πŸ˜†...

Thank You for ur enthusiastic appreciation , U bring joy and warmth to my heart...πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜›
don't need Night Suit for SR...... Good one- but u never know anything can be true with Sax's after all Sax r different or i may say Aliens in this world of Happy human beings....
A very very appropriate title  & a well written post............πŸ˜ƒ.
Hi Sathya, How are you? 😊
Originally posted by Sun7shine

don't need Night Suit for SR...... Good one- but u never know anything can be true with Sax's after all Sax r different or i may say Aliens in this world of Happy human beings....

That is true, may be their book says that SR has to be conducted  with proper attention to detail and Sax understand  it as formally attired  with calculators and clock to decide how many times and how  many mins can be spared for SR ..πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Originally posted by anu-s

A very very appropriate title  & a well written post............πŸ˜ƒ.
Hi Sathya, How are you? 😊

Thanxx Anu,

Happy to have you back....πŸ˜ƒ