India-Forums

Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani
Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani

Criticism Vs Bashing

Ritzie IF-Rockerz
Ritzie
Ritzie

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 9:00pm | IP Logged
I thought about it and I rethought about it. I am still confused so, let's hear from all of you (everybody's opinion IFRockerz to Newbies) . 

We all are PKYEKians. We all either love it to the core or like it that is the reason we have joined this forum otherwise, who has time to come to a Forum about a serial and read what others say about it and then write your opinions. But we all do and there is a noble reason behind it.

First of all, this Forum is quite young considering the fact that it just started in October last year). We have grown into a big Forum and we have crossed 203 pages of discussions (Yay! PKYEKians). 

Secondly, we see that we have very friendly people here who respect our opinions, our outbursts and keep reminding us in a friendly way when we cross the limits.

Okay, I come back to the point...  So, if we love/ like this show then there could be some things that we may dislike. But as I said this is a big Forum so, the things we say about we dislike, may hurt our fellow member who may be a big fan of that thing. So, let's ask each other what is the best way to say them. 

My questions are:

1. Should I say things that I dislike but I know others in this Forum like? If your answer to this question is No, then feel free to skip questions 2 and 3.

2. If I like a particular character but dislike a few actions of that character, what is the best way for me to discuss about my opinion on those actions? Please answer considering that you are in love with that character whose actions I am going to bash.
While giving your answer keep in mind that constructive criticism or feedback is important for the improvement of the serial. (this is hoping that the creatives come and read our posts) 

3. What if I don't like the new twist in the story? How should I say that? And again, consider before answering that you are in love with the ongoing story. 

4. Here explain, how will you talk about your disliking about a pairing (let's say, you hate it to the core). Assume that there are members in this forum who would love that pairing.

I totally understand that my questions above involve many ongoing discussions. Being a new person in the Forum culture, my only goal in creating this post is to understand the culture. No offense to anybody.

And, I am hoping that this may help others who are in same situation as me.

Edited by Ritz93 - 20 January 2011 at 3:06am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

saphira7988kaushiki9TOTAL-ROMANTIC

0o.Leah.o0 IF-Rockerz
0o.Leah.o0
0o.Leah.o0

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 12:02am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ritz93

1. Should I say things that I dislike but I know others in this Forum like? If your answer to this question is No, then feel free to skip questions 2 and 3.

Obviously you should. Its YOUR POV and you have every right to post in this forum as much as the other memebers do.
But yeah, there is a line between constructive criticism and bashing. As long at you dont cross the line and keep your toe behind bashing. Its alright.
What I'Ve noticed is that in this forum, when people criticize the show, the do it very rudely. Its not bashing. But its not very nice either.
When you criticize someone, or something, do so politely. Read your post 2-3 times and see how it sounds. If you think it sounds rude or offensive, edit it so that you dont hurt the feelings of the other members.
Simple.

And this answer goes with your other questions too!

Love,
Leah

saphira7988RitzieMeeko

Doris. Senior Member
Doris.
Doris.

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 2:09am | IP Logged
To give an overall reply to your questions, this is what i can say....

construtive critisism is for sure everyones right, sharing oppionions is everyones right.....however if its more based on personal favz, and its just more indirectly abt the 'actor' rather than the character then it becomes poitnless to share or even care abt the critisizm....Yes a certain behaviour might be disliked by some of us, but if we critisize this particular one...because of the ' wrong Beahviour'....that means we dislike 'any' wrong behaviour on the show from 'any expectable character' on the show....when we attack and OVERact abt only one of the characters and rather enjoy the even bad behaviours of other charcaters or just pass it by(even those somewhat close to what we dislike in that other particular charcater but not from this one) ....it turns into more than constructive critisizm and leads more to an unpleasent athmosphere on forums, and i for one see no value at all in those kind of  so called 'constructive crtisizms' and it rather annoys me and creates this kind of unpleasent feeling towards any oppionion that might come up further also.
At the end of it....this is IF!.......handeling oppinions and critisizm to its right meaning has not really been of the average members top points in the listWink

Edited by fahidlover - 20 January 2011 at 2:15am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Ritzie

Ritzie IF-Rockerz
Ritzie
Ritzie

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 2:20am | IP Logged
Well said, Appy. I think you are right re-reading the answer 2-3 times before posting is a good idea. And imagining how I will feel if somebody said the similar things about my favourites.

Don't we do that with our friends (rethinking) sometime as we don't want to hurt them?And writing in a forum needs to be more responsible as the friends here are from different parts of the world and our answer is read and re-read many times.  

Originally posted by 0o.Leah.o0

Obviously you should. Its YOUR POV and you have every right to post in this forum as much as the other memebers do.
But yeah, there is a line between constructive criticism and bashing. As long at you dont cross the line and keep your toe behind bashing. Its alright.
What I'Ve noticed is that in this forum, when people criticize the show, the do it very rudely. Its not bashing. But its not very nice either.
When you criticize someone, or something, do so politely. Read your post 2-3 times and see how it sounds. If you think it sounds rude or offensive, edit it so that you dont hurt the feelings of the other members.
Simple.

And this answer goes with your other questions too!

Love,
Leah

Edited by Ritz93 - 20 January 2011 at 2:34am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

saphira79880o.Leah.o0

Ritzie IF-Rockerz
Ritzie
Ritzie

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 2:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by fahidlover

To give an overall reply to your questions, this is what i can say....

construtive critisism is for sure everyones right, sharing oppionions is everyones right.....however if its more based on personal favz, and its just more indirectly abt the 'actor' rather than the character then it becomes poitnless to share or even care abt the critisizm....
hmmm...  Doesn't it happen sometimes that there is only character or 'actor' in particular we dislike the most. We can't stand him. Won't we want to share our feelings with our friends? You think, it's not appropriate to share those feelings at the Forum?

Yes a certain behaviour might be disliked by some of us, but if we critisize this particular one...because of the ' wrong Beahviour'....that means we dislike 'any' wrong behaviour on the show from 'any expectable character' on the show....when we attack and OVERact abt only one of the characters and rather enjoy the even bad behaviours of other charcaters or just pass it by(even those somewhat close to what we dislike in that other particular charcater but not from this one) ....it turns into more than constructive critisizm and leads more to an unpleasent athmosphere on forums, and i for one see no value at all in those kind of  so called 'constructive crtisizms' and it rather annoys me and creates this kind of unpleasent feeling towards any oppionion that might come up further also.

Interesting thought, I will say. Thanks for sharing how you feel when somebody shares their unpleasent opinions. Do you feel the same way when somebody says the same thing politely about their disliking and by apologising in the post, if they hurt your feelings?

At the end of it....this is IF!.......handeling oppinions and critisizm to its right meaning has not really been of the average members top points in the listWink

LOL. Well, most of understand though if we know that others may get hurt, don't we? But many times it is hard to realise what they wrote when emotions are at their top. How do you like the idea of reading it a few times before posting?

Edited by Ritz93 - 20 January 2011 at 3:52am

saphira7988

0o.Leah.o0 IF-Rockerz
0o.Leah.o0
0o.Leah.o0

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 2:39am | IP Logged
EXACTLY.
But sometimes, I feel that some members cannot distinguish between criticism and bashing.
Even constructive criticism is seen as bashing.
I think such people are at fault too.

saphira7988--AROMAL--Ritzie

leeseunggilove IF-Rockerz
leeseunggilove
leeseunggilove

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 2:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ritz93

I thought about it and I rethought about it. I am still confused so, let's hear from all of you (everybody's opinion IFRockerz to Newbies) . 

My questions are:

see its a free forum..no one is supressing ur voice and no one wud want to too..bt state ur opinion in a way that is suitable,doesnt invite bashing and doesnt bash any character...doing so hurts d fans and well..the topic maker invites their wrath that is justifiedLOL

2. If I like a particular character but dislike a few actions of that character, what is the best way for me to discuss about my opinion on those actions? Please answer considering that you are in love with that character whose actions I am going to bash.
While giving your answer keep in mind that constructive criticism or feedback is important for the improvement of the serial. (this is hoping that the creatives come and read our posts) 

umm look..every character has its flaws...i love priya wal n misha..bt sometimes uski harkate just bugs me..pia i looveeeeeeeeee..bt she annoys me sometimes..see as i said above try n be amicable..dnt be blunt..try n balance ur argument..we all love and hate every character..bt ya..im nt blind in love so being a rational fan..even i wont justify a wrong action!

3. What if I don't like the new twist in the story? How should I say that? And again, consider before answering that you are in love with the ongoing story. 

same as d above 2 just be sensetive towards oder fans n put forth ur argument in d best mild way as possible..

4. Here explain, how will you talk about your disliking about a pairing (let's say, you hate it to the core). Assume that there are members in this forum who would love that pairing.

see u have to give d story a lil time..even a new show..u watch 3 4 episodes to decide whether its appealing to u or not..same is for the couples..u have to give dem a chance..baki everyone has der own preferences

I totally understand that my questions above involve many ongoing discussions. Being a new person in the Forum culture, my only goal in creating this post is to understand the culture. No offense to anybody.

And, I am hoping that this may help others like me also.

welcum to d forum..im devyani..n plz bear in mind wat i said before u post any discussion...it will help u !Big smile hope to see more of u ritz!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

saphira7988Ritzie

Ritzie IF-Rockerz
Ritzie
Ritzie

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 2:52am | IP Logged
hmmm... okay let me share my experience about my favourite - Abhay here. 

If somebody writes even constructive criticism about Abhay, it touches my most soft emotional points on the nerves and my mind stops working in the positive directionLOL. My first reactions are - all the bad things about that criticismEmbarrassed. But then either I wait for others take on that point or I don't join that forum at all. I always found myself in better mood when I let myself wait and then reply  Smile

But yes, we can try to adapt ourselves to accept others criticism as well.

Originally posted by 0o.Leah.o0

EXACTLY.
But sometimes, I feel that some members cannot distinguish between criticism and bashing.
Even constructive criticism is seen as bashing.
I think such people are at fault too.

Edited by Ritz93 - 20 January 2011 at 2:53am

saphira7988

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index