India-Forums

Archana vs Sujata (Page 2)

-naureen786- IF-Sizzlerz
-naureen786-
-naureen786-

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 8:49am | IP Logged
Sujata is definitely a good mom, I like her clean and fit life style!!!! I dont find her rude a mother should be careful about her daughter dressing and her attitude towards friends and family!!!!

Archana is fun loving and i like her chill nature, but she is extremely irresponsible, she should not give too much freedom to her kids, she should be a caring, clean and tidy woman!!! Her kids are so spoil, I found them on Maa Exchange official website, they use slung and abuse a lot!!!

purva IF-Sizzlerz
purva
purva

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 8:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sweetrahz

Sujata is definitely a good mom, I like her clean and fit life style!!!! I dont find her rude a mother should be careful about her daughter dressing and her attitude towards friends and family!!!!

Archana is fun loving and i like her chill nature, but she is extremely irresponsible, she should not give too much freedom to her kids, she should be a caring, clean and tidy woman!!! Her kids are so spoil, I found them on Maa Exchange official website, they use slung and abuse a lot!!!

I think dressing is a personal choice.. now a days lot of teenagers wear halter tops.. tank tops etc. And when Sujata told her to adjust her top 2-3 times.. I don't think it was that low.. Sujata was just creating issue out of nothing.. that's what I felt Confused but overall Sujata was better mom than Archana.. Smile

Can you please post a link of ME official website.. Smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Isha.IshaNishita123

bedigirl Newbie
bedigirl
bedigirl

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 9:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by TheDilettante

I didn't catch Mumbai and Nainital moms' names. I also forwarded some parts of tonight's episode as it was boring. I found both ladies lazy and inadequate. I couldn't relate to either. This ME is fail. Thumbs Down

Out of all 4 moms in ME, Pooja Bedi definitely scores for me.
yipeee! and hugsssss!!!
quite amused by the second ME! all parents want to be the "good parent" to their kids and avoid confrontation... so  it's so easy to just let your kids be addicted to mobiles, junk food and unhealthy lifestyle. Its' SO DAMN DIFFICULT discipling children and having to have them hate you at times! but as a parent you always have to see the bigger picture and their future!
Archana keeps a dirty home with zero hygiene and zero emphasis on personal development or health. just smiling and allowing fat and dust to develop is appalling lack of responsibility.
as for Sujata... she's a serious disciplinarian which largely is a fantastic thing to inculcate good habits in children.... but i feel sensitivity was lacking. She should have realised teenagers are very sensitive to criticism and in front of friends it's humiliating. She should have taken her outside the room and mentioned the neckline (which i didn't find plunging or revealing btw) or made her change her top discreetly if she found it offensive. It's not what you say, it's how you say it and when you say it , that' s important.
overall... i think sujata comes across as the more responsible parent and better house wife to me....as for quirks... we're all human!!

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

ormszanish_kTheDilettanteRasnyIsha.Isha-naureen786-mcm226purvafire_gunFaraan92

U-No-Poo IF-Sizzlerz
U-No-Poo
U-No-Poo

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 9:52am | IP Logged
neither. I have a deep-rooted hatred for overly controlling, dominating and resentful aunties so I didn't like sujata that much. I also didn't like the fact that love and affection take a backseat while 'rules' take the front seat in her house. it is very important to give adequate time and affection to your kids so that they don't grow up to be timid, control loving weaklings. plus her constant comments on sneha's weight put me off completely. there is a difference between making a point and enforcing a point. she needs to lose weight to be healthy - agreed. but putting that statement on repeat 24/7 is not only tasteless, but also rude and insensitive.

on the other hand archana is way too easy on her family. she has given way too much freedom to her kids and they blatantly misuse it, which is evident from sneha's mobile phone addiction. she doesn't encourage them to do any healthy activity which is also another negative point. her kids will probably start taking life for granted and will never try to work hard. however, I liked how they tried to co-operate with sujata in regard to her rules. apart from being a 'friendly' mom, she shouldn't forget that she is someone her kids will ultimately look upto, so she needs to set a strong example for them to follow.

in short, I didn't like either. they were both two extremes, and I think the point of the show this week was that one should lead a balanced life. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

prattsKasturiloverzanish_kIsha.Isha

TheDilettante IF-Rockerz

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 10:13am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

angelicsmilezanish_k-Sneha25-anu rulzIsha.Isha.Arjunmcm226Autumn.purva-naureen786-

purva IF-Sizzlerz
purva
purva

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 10:24am | IP Logged

Nainital lady's Potato-lauki analogy was lame. It was extremely rude of her to pick on a teenager in front of her friends and neighbor. Constant comment about her weight was unkind. Also, I didn't see her doing much work. All she did was picking flaws in that family. I like her discipline but it's extreme. Also, it surprised me that her daughter's dream is to get married right away. Yes, personal choice and all but in this day and age it did shock me and I thought probably the girl just wants to escape this strict disciplinarian of a mom.

The problem with Mumbai lady is that she is lazy. She doesn't want to cook. She enjoys fried food so that's what she fed her kids too. I also found her immature because she wishes to be a TV actor who wears gaudy jewelry. She watches TV 24/7 and lives in a dreamland. Her daughter aspiring to be an actor looks like an extension of her dreams. It is nice to be friends with your kids when they are in their teens but somewhere they forgot to be parents. Parenting has lots of responsibility and the Mumbai lady took the easy route. 

I found both families extreme. There is no moderation or midway. I couldn't relate to either.

Good analysis Maya.. agree with you Tongue

Pitching two extremes seems to be the motto of the makers.. lot of it seems exaggerated just to create conflict.. Confused

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Isha.IshaTheDilettantemcm226

mcm226 IF-Sizzlerz
mcm226
mcm226

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 11:03am | IP Logged

Pooja, I mentioned it last week too that your kids are polite and well brought-up. You score for me there as a mom. Thumbs Up Hugs to you and your wonderful kids.  Oh btw, do tell your Dad that he is hotter at 65 than most young actors in Bollywood. Blushing

Nainital lady's Potato-lauki analogy was lame. It was extremely rude of her to pick on a teenager in front of her friends and neighbor. Constant comment about her weight was unkind. Also, I didn't see her doing much work. All she did was picking flaws in that family. I like her discipline but it's extreme. Also, it surprised me that her daughter's dream is to get married right away. Yes, personal choice and all but in this day and age it did shock me and I thought probably the girl just wants to escape this strict disciplinarian of a mom.

The problem with Mumbai lady is that she is lazy. She doesn't want to cook. She enjoys fried food so that's what she fed her kids too. I also found her immature because she wishes to be a TV actor who wears gaudy jewelry. She watches TV 24/7 and lives in a dreamland. Her daughter aspiring to be an actor looks like an extension of her dreams. It is nice to be friends with your kids when they are in their teens but somewhere they forgot to be parents. Parenting has lots of responsibility and the Mumbai lady took the easy route. 

I found both families extreme. There is no moderation or midway. I couldn't relate to either.

exactly my thoughts MayaTongueEmbarrassed..........both the ladies r extremes...............that Nainital lady(I think I have seen her in Boogie-woogie-Mummy's championship) is only good in her own home but not at Mumbai family's home......she was just targetting on faults of that family n she is a kaamchor lady,that Mumbai lady's hubby was cooking n she was sitting n talking with that girl n a neigbhourOuch......................n that Mumbai Mom is lazyOuch, this carefree attitude n junk food habits will have adverse effects on her kids in d future,look at the kids yaar......they r obese at this ageOuchConfused...........n even I cudn't relate to either
@ Pooja Bedi-welcome PoojaTongue.............U r a awesome MomStar,the way u raised ur kids isThumbs Up.........do keep posting hereBig smile.................n me n Maya(TheDelittane) have the same thoughts regarding u n ur handsome DadEmbarrassed

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

lisa_patel25TheDilettante.ArjunAutumn.-naureen786-

-naureen786- IF-Sizzlerz
-naureen786-
-naureen786-

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 12:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by purva

Originally posted by sweetrahz

I think dressing is a personal choice.. now a days lot of teenagers wear halter tops.. tank tops etc. And when Sujata told her to adjust her top 2-3 times.. I don't think it was that low.. Sujata was just creating issue out of nothing.. that's what I felt Confused but overall Sujata was better mom than Archana.. Smile

Can you please post a link of ME official website.. Smile

Agreed that dressing is her personal choice but it must suit on her body too.. she was looking like baby elephant in shorts and tank tops.. I agreed that sujata execrate the dressing issue, she should not point out the dressing issue in front of her friends.. It would be better that she advice her about her dressing sense in privately... I found the page in FB here is a link

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Maa-Exchange/181231328567204

Edited by sweetrahz - 20 January 2011 at 12:32pm

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Maa Exchange Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index