Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Award Function Hosts - Why only guys? (Page 5)

MissIffiy IF-Rockerz
MissIffiy
MissIffiy

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 10:15pm | IP Logged
lara who is also funny sometimes hosted IIFA she was a bore to me as well 

Edited by MissIffiy - 19 January 2011 at 10:15pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.khoobsurat.

.khoobsurat. IF-Sizzlerz
.khoobsurat.
.khoobsurat.

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 10:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by smartie_pants

okay herz my theory...

i dunt think guys are generally interested in watching these award ceremonies on tv....all of my cousins, brothers and male friends couldn't care less abt who won best actor...who won best actress etc...

So because its more of the female audience which watches the show...they put in some male eye candy for hosts...

plus...i think in general...guys are funnier LOL...not many girls in b'wood can boast of a good comic timing, or sense of humor...especially for these awards...which need cheeky, leg pulling kinda humor...guys are better at that.....i find it more fun when guys host the show...like when Koko and deepika were hosting filmfare the year b4 last...i nearly snoozed off...also...when vidya hosted the year b4 tht...i was desperately waiting for her to finish....

gimme SRK-Saif and IK-RK anyday

Good point esp about mostly women watching awards. The only female host i loved was Jhui. She was awesome and natural!

Edited by lensahunte08 - 19 January 2011 at 10:20pm

-Mmmmm-

LifeOLicious IF-Sizzlerz
LifeOLicious
LifeOLicious

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 2:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ladygaga

K i was wondering.. we are sayin it happens in bolly only.. but have many women hosted Oscars???? If i am remembering correctly i remember elen degeneres hosting the Oscars once.. and she was quite pathetic and a big bore.. i don't like her much anyways.. but she was vacum cleaning in the middle of the show.. lol.. she wasn't that funny.. so have any other women hosted oscars.. I know that generally oscars are hosted by stand up comedians.. has any other woman hosted the Oscars??

it happens everywhere. it's a sexist world.

there are not that many women comedians....ellen is a woman but she is a woman in a suit. women aren't generally seen as funny or cracking silly jokes....they are meant to be the epitome of dignity and poise LOL

i find juhi super hilarious....she can be a good host but I don't think she has star power to pull the crowds. so we r stuck with same old heroes *yawn*
LifeOLicious IF-Sizzlerz
LifeOLicious
LifeOLicious

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 2:02am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ladygaga

Originally posted by MissIffiy

Goldie Hawn Whoopi have also hosted the oscars & this year anne hathaway is hosting it with someone i believe 

Whoopi is hilarious.. i love her comic timing.. i dunno if Goldie hawn has anything to do with comedy.. I liked your earlier suggestion.. they should get Rakhi sawant to host these awards.. she would be very entertaining... in bolly also before malaika arora khan and archana puran singh used to host these awards..

She is soooo good! I used to love her in Kya Scene Hai!

Whoopi is superb too!

But so few! Ouch

-Mmmmm-

tulsi003 Goldie
tulsi003
tulsi003

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 1:43pm | IP Logged
Priyanka would be a good host.
tulsi003 Goldie
tulsi003
tulsi003

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 1:44pm | IP Logged
Anne Hathaway is hosting the oscars this year!!! OMG I LOVE HER.
sakura_ IF-Dazzler
sakura_
sakura_

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 1:51pm | IP Logged
BECAUSE
-- They are boring.
-- Most of them don't make sense when they speak.
-- and I don't want them all squeaky and giggly and acting OTT on the stage.

That said, I do think Lara Dutta, Neha Dhupia, Dia Mirza and Gul Panag make good hosts.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Nuktaacheen-Mmmmm-

Nuktaacheen IF-Dazzler
Nuktaacheen
Nuktaacheen

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 8:54am | IP Logged
i doubt it has as much to do with the male dominated industry as it is with their own inept comic timing... most of them come out as bitchy instead of funny... i guess, there own feelings reflect a bit too much when they are taking digs at others... if they got on well, then they might be interesting as hosts.... actresses are a lot less sporting than the actors... and even among actors, there aren't that many who have great comic timing on the stage....!!  TongueTongueTongue

imagine if aamir attended the shows, and he was hosting... everyone will go to sleep... i also liked rahul khanna... he's a really good host... karan johar... sajid is way too over the top sometimes... they did get farah to host once too, but she wasn't as good... lara was okay, when she hosted IIFA... dia mirza wasn't too bad either... i guess it works better when the actress is paired opposite another actor to host.... but two actresses together... just doesn't work...!!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sakura_-Mmmmm-

Go to top