drinking cow's urine is healthy?

Posted: 13 years ago
hi guys , plz correct me if i heard this wrong πŸ˜•
the nanitaal mother who is a kathak dancer , she does yoga and sometimes drinks cow's urine to stay fit?

drinking aloe vera juice is fine but cow's pee😲
OMG
i am doing degree in human nutrition and as far as i know (at least human body) the body gets rid of urea and other toxics as urine and urine has all the wasted materails that body does not need and wont help in anything good?
im so confused how can someone drink cow's urineπŸ˜•

plz help me to solve my question
PS i am not bashing the nanital mother , i am actually confusedπŸ˜•
Cow's urine works as a purification agent... I am not sure how helpful it is to drink it directly, but I do know for SURE that a lot of ayurvedic medicines are made after diff leaves and herbs are purified in Cow's Urine. It's a complex process of distillation, where the pure vapours are collected and further used to make the medicines. 

p.s. Not googled this info, My chachu makes ayurvedic medicines at home...and all us cousins help him in his laboratory during summer break as well as when he goes deep into the forests to grab some rare herbs n roots :))

Benefits of Cow Urine

gavyam pavitram ca rasayanam ca pathyam ca hrdyam balam buddhi syata
aayuh pradam rakt vikar hari tridosh hridrog vishapaham syata

Meaning: Cow urine panchgavya is great elixir, proper diet, pleasing to heart, giver of mental and physical strength, enhances longevity. It balances bile, mucous and airs. Remover of heart diseases and effect of poison.

Today many AIDS patients are taking cow urine therapy. People who were suffering with migraine and headache for the past 15 years have recovered within six months of taking this therapy. Whether it is the question of relieving tension or improving the memory power. In the past few years the Cow Urine Treatment and Research Center, Indore has treated one and half lakhs of people. Out of the total patients 85 to 90 percent were patients of constipation there is an old saying that if the stomach is clean half of the diseases get cured automatically. The patient taking cow urine therapy says that he is enjoying sound heath and passing bowels easily within one month of this therapy.

1.Cow urine has amazing germicidal power to kill varieties of germs. All germ generated diseases are thus destroyed.

2.According to Ayurveda the cause of all diseases is the imbalance in three faults (tri-dosas) i.e. mucous, bile and air. Cow urine balances the tri-dosas, thus diseases are cured.

3.Cow urine corrects functioning of liver. So, liver makes healthy pure blood. It gives disease resistance power to the body.

4.There are some micronutrients in our body, which give life strength. These micronutrients are flushed out through urine. Therefore gradually ageing steps in our body. Cow urine has all elements, which compensate for deficiency of nutrients in our body, which are required for healthy life. Thus Cow urine stops ageing process. So it is called an elixir and also life giving.

5.Cow urine contains many minerals especially Copper, gold salts, etc. It compensates for bodily mineral deficiency. Presence of gold salts protects body against diseases.

6.Mental tension hurts nervous system. Cow urine is called medhya and hradya, which means it, gives strength to brain and heart. Thus cow urine protects heart and brain from damages caused by mental tension and protects these organs from disorders and diseases.

7.Excessive use of any medicine leaves some residue in our body. This residue causes diseases. Cow urine destroys the poisonous effects of residues and makes body disease free.

8.Electric currents (rays) which are present in the
environment keep our body healthy. These rays in form of extremely small currents enter our body through Copper in our body. We get Copper from cow urine. To attract these electric waves is quality of Copper. Thus we become healthy.

9.By acting against the voice of soul (immoral & sinful action), the heart and mind become narrow minded. Due to this the functioning of body is effected and causes diseases. Cow urine provides mode of goodness. Thus helps us to perform correct activities by mind. Thus protects from diseases.

10.In scriptures some diseases are said to be due to sinful actions performed in previous lives which we have to bear. Ganga resides in cow urine. Ganga is destroyer of sins, thus cow urine destroys such previous sins and so diseases are cured.

11.The diseases caused by entrance of ghosts in body are cured by intake of cow urine. The Master of ghosts is Lord Shiva. Lord Shiva holds Ganga on his head. Ganga is in cow urine also. Thus by taking cow urine, the ghosts get to see Ganga over their master's head. So they are calmed and become peaceful. So they do not trouble the body. Thus, diseases caused by entrance of ghosts are also destroyed.

12.By regularly taking cow urine before sickness, we get so much immunity that any attack of diseases is repulsed.

13.Cow urine being miraculous poison destroyer, destroys the disease caused by poison (Toxin). Extremely dangerous chemicals are purified by cow urine. Cow urine provides immunity power by increasing resistance power against diseases in human body. It is anti toxin.

14."Sarve rogaah hi mandagnau" All diseases begin with mandagni (Low fire i.e. digestive capacity). If fire is strong, diseases won't occur. Cow urine keeps the fire strong.

And you guessed it right .......i copy pasted this from internet πŸ˜†

Edited by .Arjun - 13 years ago
Originally posted by axeion

Cow's urine works as a purification agent... I am not sure how helpful it is to drink it directly, but I do know for SURE that a lot of ayurvedic medicines are made after diff leaves and herbs are purified in Cow's Urine. It's a complex process of distillation, where the pure vapours are collected and further used to make the medicines. 

p.s. Not googled this info, My chachu makes ayurvedic medicines at home...and all us cousins help him in his laboratory during summer break as well as when he goes deep into the forests to grab some rare herbs n roots :))
Originally posted by mrs.karan.kundr

but its urine *pukes*

Ok a simple question... What are ur views abt a dip in Ganges or taking a sip of the Holy Gangajal???

Ok a simple question... What are ur views abt a dip in Ganges or taking a sip of the Holy Gangajal???
thats water , river water..........its purified by god , even if any human has done toilet in it , or if bacteria grew in it , or if fishes died in it..........

and thats cow's urine, its dirty , full of urea which is made up of ammonia ......
how about ppl just start drinking ammonia to become fit

thats water , river water..........its purified by god , even if any human has done toilet in it , or if bacteria grew in it , or if fishes died in it..........

and thats cow's urine, its dirty , full of urea which is made up of ammonia ......
how about ppl just start drinking ammonia to become fit
Ok...Now that u mention these 3 alphabets, GOD... I'll keep mum... Don't want to offend anyone.

But seriously, when river water can be pure even after all the toxins being added to it, then how is Cow's Urine dirty?

And ammonia, what abt the leguminous crops that we eat... All the fertilizers that are absorbed by diff crops, and also those fertilizers that are sticking to the surface of veggies n fruits. Who'll account for all that ammonia intake?
but doest cow urin stink ?
what does it taste like?
sallty yellow drink?

how can people drink it?

but doest cow urin stink ?
what does it taste like?
sallty yellow drink?

how can people drink it?
lol... πŸ˜†

Don't most of the medicines stink πŸ˜›

What if someone just mixes all the chemicals that are present in Cow's Urine and makes a concoction...  It's technically not "Cow's Urine" but still is "Cow's Urine" πŸ˜† If people can drink the concoction, then I don't see any issue in drink the naturally found thing πŸ˜›