Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Saif: Rom coms are overdone in bollywood

desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago

Saif gets gritty

The actor wants a break from romcoms, thinks they're overdone. He's now buffing up for some action!

Aakanksha Naval-Shetye

Actor Saif Ali Khan's looking fitter than ever before. Back from a three-week romantic Swiss sojourn with girlfriend actor Kareena Kapoor, the Bolly star says, "Apart from bringing unconditional love in my life, Bebo (Kareena) has brought in a healthier lifestyle too."
Bebo's love may have done the trick, but there's no denying that Saif's been putting in strenuously long hours working out in the gym too. "My film Agent Vinod requires me to be in my best form. I'm no wrestler in the film, but the role will need extremely rigorous action on my part, and I'm gearing up to give it my best. I hope it'll see me in my best physical form," he reveals.
But there's time for that. Right now, the actor's setting the Bolly-ball rolling this year with Aarakshan. "It's an interesting role, but the draw is also the film-maker. One can trust Jha (director Prakash Jha) blindly to come up with a film with the sensibilities in the right place. You know you are in safe hands!" he adds, but not without making it clear that playing safe is not on his agenda as an actor. "I want to be a no-holds barred actor!" The same also applies to his take as a producer. "If you got a good script then, I've got the ears. Bring it on," he says excitedly.
From an intense drama to an action thriller, Saif's next pit stop is a romantic with his Love Aaj Kal co-star Deepika Padukone. But Saif confesses that he doesn't "relate to the teeny-bopper romances any more". "I think the romcoms are anyways overdone in Bollywood. Of course, love never goes out of vogue, but I think it needs to be more relatable for me to take it up," he says.
But didn't he want to cast Kareena opposite him in this one, considering it's his own production? "It's not 'my', it's 'our' production house," he corrects. A pause later he adds, "Both of us didn't want the audiences to feel that the 'reel love story' is like an extension to our 'real love story'. So, I think that it's more interesting to have the chemistry click in a thriller or a hatke film."
[email protected]

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

This content was originally posted by: desigal90

Saif gets gritty

The actor wants a break from romcoms, thinks they're overdone. He's now buffing up for some action!

Aakanksha Naval-Shetye

Actor Saif Ali Khan's looking fitter than ever before. Back from a three-week romantic Swiss sojourn with girlfriend actor Kareena Kapoor, the Bolly star says, "Apart from bringing unconditional love in my life, Bebo (Kareena) has brought in a healthier lifestyle too."
Bebo's love may have done the trick, but there's no denying that Saif's been putting in strenuously long hours working out in the gym too. "My film Agent Vinod requires me to be in my best form. I'm no wrestler in the film, but the role will need extremely rigorous action on my part, and I'm gearing up to give it my best. I hope it'll see me in my best physical form," he reveals.
But there's time for that. Right now, the actor's setting the Bolly-ball rolling this year with Aarakshan. "It's an interesting role, but the draw is also the film-maker. One can trust Jha (director Prakash Jha) blindly to come up with a film with the sensibilities in the right place. You know you are in safe hands!" he adds, but not without making it clear that playing safe is not on his agenda as an actor. "I want to be a no-holds barred actor!" The same also applies to his take as a producer. "If you got a good script then, I've got the ears. Bring it on," he says excitedly.
From an intense drama to an action thriller, Saif's next pit stop is a romantic with his Love Aaj Kal co-star Deepika Padukone. But Saif confesses that he doesn't "relate to the teeny-bopper romances any more". "I think the romcoms are anyways overdone in Bollywood. Of course, love never goes out of vogue, but I think it needs to be more relatable for me to take it up," he says.
But didn't he want to cast Kareena opposite him in this one, considering it's his own production? "It's not 'my', it's 'our' production house," he corrects. A pause later he adds, "Both of us didn't want the audiences to feel that the 'reel love story' is like an extension to our 'real love story'. So, I think that it's more interesting to have the chemistry click in a thriller or a hatke film."
[email protected]

hes already talking like a husband...πŸ˜³πŸ˜†
-Mmmmm- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Why just him... even I am bored of the rom coms churned out in Bollywood off late....
No kidding Saif.. might wanna spread the word to your fellow compeers..πŸ˜΅πŸ˜†
mj_applehead thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
yes thank you saif.am gonna pull my hair out if i see one more rom com comin up.there's so much more you can do than just cheesy rom coms. πŸ˜•

agent vinod has to be somethin special content wise.i hope it doesn't disappoint.
Edited by mj_applehead - 13 years ago
He finally got the memo, what about the rest of them?πŸ˜†

And I like that he acknowledges that just because he and Bebo are dating doesn't mean people want to see that onscreen. At least they're willing to mix it up with thrillers.....how about they try horror?πŸ˜‰
desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Nahi!
they always do weird dark, thriller films.
Bebo and Saifu are sooo cute in rom coms!
Bebo in JWM and saifu in Salaam Namaste and Hum Tum. These two could have been magic together.
But no, htey only wanan do like...agent vinod, kurbaan, omkara kinda stuff. Tashan dont count. They hated each ohter in the film...though that "rape scene" had me rolling on the floor!

At 5:27 πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eS8tuNg4Mo&feature=channel[/YOUTUBE]
Edited by desigal90 - 13 years ago
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I want to to see them in a romantic film so badly! 😭

Their love scenes in Kurbaan was too hot to handle. And am not talking about the bedroom scene πŸ˜›
Since they are a real life couple, their real love comes off onscreen too!
Edited by lensahunte08 - 13 years ago
Zareena thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Saif first improve your own movies rather than talking of romcom:/ Lust Aaj Kal wasn't a classic either. Jeez now he needs help🀣
yeh saifs too old to do romcoms now....comeon saif.....gimme the filthy langda tyagi, or the hellishly sexy Karan from EHT...nothing like watching saif as a badass...

no more Jai, Nikhil arora, rohit patel, sameer.....they were good....but not when he plays them in his 40's...