Fan Fictions

India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

Abhay-Piya FF: Unlocking the Past Ch. 8/Pg. 27 (Page 23)

shruthiR IF-Rockerz
shruthiR
shruthiR

Posted: 13 March 2011 at 9:47am | IP Logged
Part 2 of chp6 was very nice.I can't wait to read about how he apologizes to her if it ever happens that isLOLLooking forward to the next chpSmile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

natashu

_Meena_ IF-Addictz
_Meena_
_Meena_

Crazy Creative Minion

Posted: 13 March 2011 at 9:56am | IP Logged
  awesome

natashu

mansim Senior Member
mansim
mansim

Posted: 13 March 2011 at 1:57pm | IP Logged

nice partClap

loved itEmbarrassedplease next time post a long updateWink

natashu

malluangel IF-Rockerz
malluangel
malluangel

Posted: 13 March 2011 at 3:30pm | IP Logged
Tongue

hola! LOL

natashu

Fallen Star IF-Rockerz
Fallen Star
Fallen Star

Posted: 13 March 2011 at 4:57pm | IP Logged
Once again u have an done awesome job...loved the update!!!

Hope to read more soon!!

Keep up with the fab work!!!

Thanx for the pm!! Big smile

natashu

spamalot IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 13 March 2011 at 7:26pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

natashu

natashu IF-Dazzler
natashu
natashu

Posted: 13 March 2011 at 11:19pm | IP Logged

~| | Unlocking the Past | |~

Chapter 7:

"I think you've seen enough. Can't we go eat already?" Misha complained.

Piya couldn't help but smile at the impatience of her friend. A complete foodie, Misha's tolerance was a tad bit shorter in that department. "Jeez, Mish. Fine, let's go."

Making their way over to the cafeteria, they settled at a cosy table off to the side. Her anger with the stranger she'd had the unfortunate chance to collide with was only beginning to wear off.

Jerk.

Who was he to make random judgements based on one meeting? She'd been about to thank him for taking the fall but had reconsidered the second he had made the rude remark. Honestly, what was with guys? Apparently, they all carried PhD's in the Jerk department. At least it was true for most she'd come across in her life. Be it in Atlanta or here. Her friends mostly consisted of girls. The only time she had dealt with the opposite sex was under academic circumstances requiring group work, or those involving volunteer work. And this conclusion definitely wasn't based on one incident. No, it was the work of years and experience. May be there were men out there better than the ones she had come across but Piya hadn't had the fortunate chance to meet them.

Seeing Misha wave her hands frantically to gain her attention, Piya quickly pushed away her thoughts to refocus on her friend. "Dude, there's food on the table. Would you do me the honour and eat it?"

"No. I'm not hungry. Aunty stuffed me. And that was barely an hour ago. Where does your appetite come from?" All that food never converted into any sort of weight gain for Misha, who at the moment was happily digging in.

"I don't know about you but I can't help it if I'm hungry. I might not be the best at sciences but know enough to say that the process of grow t h requires nutrition."

Piya bit back a fresh peel of laughter. "You call chaat papdi and samosas nutritious? What science classes have you been taking?"

"Oh, shush. It's food. You're like Birdie. Jealous because all of the fat just doesn't get to me."

Rolling her eyes, Piya proceeded to retrieve her bag from where it was lying on the floor beside Misha. "I met the principal. He said that all's in order. So, I'll be starting on Monday." To this, Misha just nodded in reply.

Sifting through her bag, she finally found what she was looking for. Her cellphone. The switchover service had kicked in. Making a quick call, she informed her mother that she'd landed safely and would be calling again later in the night. But rushing it wasn't her mother's idea, who wanted to have a full discussion with her daughter about all that she had managed to accomplish since the plane's landing. "I swear Ma, we'll talk later. This thing charges me like crazy whenever the switchover happens.  I'll call from Misha's place soon!"

Cutting the call, Piya sighed. It had taken a lot of convincing until her mother had finally agreed about the whole exchange program. Initially, she had been furious. But, a bit of cajoling had done the work. Make that lots. The thought brought about a smile. Her mother, always the protective one had held it together for both of them for this long. Piya couldn't remember much about her father. Come to think of it, she barely knew him. It was only because she was scared. Scared that she really didn't want to know. Her mother had been honest and had wanted to discuss the issue further. But Piya had blatantly refused. Refusal was much easier. It was much easier than having to deal with whatever information her mother would unleash. Yet, she'd managed to gather one thing about her father. He was the epitome of goodness. And that's what confused her. Where was he? If her father was the good man her mother presumed him to be, then where was he? Where had he been this entire time?

The questions were still lingering in her mind as she made her way to her newly assigned locker. Lost in her thoughts, she almost ran into someone. Oh, no. It was the locker guy again. Anger returned in full measure. But before she could say something, he opened his mouth to...apologize? Had the man just apologized or had she finally gone deaf? Blinking twice, she tried to clear her vision. Maybe she had finally lost it.

"Um, I...I shouldn't have reacted the way I did. I...ugh, I am sorry."

The last part, the really important part had been whispered so softly that she'd had to lean in to catch his words. And she caught more than words. Her eyes finally taking in his profile. A lean body that tapered down to a narrow waist. She could see taut muscles underneath his shirt.

Had she just made a couple of really keen, detailed observations about a stranger she'd only been angry with a moment ago? Mentally kicking herself, Piya returned her gaze back to his face. So, he was good-looking. Big deal. She wasn't about to just let it go so easily. Not because pretty boy decided to apologize. 

Realizing that he was still waiting for her answer, she just turned away from him to proceed to her locker. And then the truth came crashing on her. Oh, no. No, no, no. This couldn't be happening. Out of all lockers on campus, she had been given the one next to Mr. Jerk. Closing her eyes, she tried taking a couple of breaths. May be this was all a bad dream. But opening her eyes didn't change any of that. Neither did pinching. Rather it only intensified the feeling of utter misery that she'd have to deal with seeing the oh-so-good-looking jerk every morning. Suddenly, a whole load of guilt hit her square in the chest, causing her to stagger. But it was a detached feeling.  

"Here, let me help."

Looking up to meet his eyes, she recognized the same feeling of guilt plaguing his eyes. An echo of what had hit her just moments ago. What in the world was happening? Had she just experienced somebody else's emotion?

--
Alrighty. So, this one came fast! I'm good, yeah?LOLEmbarrassed

So this one was a get-the-plot-moving chapter! LOL!
There are sub-plots here as you may have noticed. Each one will be explored and will ultimately tie into the big, main plot. Hopefully, I am entertaining thus far!

Thank you all for your kind comments! Replies will be up later! (:

Oh, and whoever wants to receive future updates, please hit the 'like' tab. This way, I'll be able to make a proper PM list.

Thanks!

Edited by natashu - 14 March 2011 at 12:16am

The following 28 member(s) liked the above post:

sheena_123cutemugSoulmate27tanya.dsouzapallavisarkarMavi18katiehiwatarimangonaminahil1997...Nidhi...jayreshdmg_roks_antaraEimenEnchantedCoffeeAddict-kavita-vidu87Cute_GalPari-GuptaRozy77RB81UmIbrahimshruthiRFallen StarmonikasethspamalotPrinsesse.SuviNomaa...Bournville..

Cute_Gal IF-Dazzler
Cute_Gal
Cute_Gal

Posted: 13 March 2011 at 11:39pm | IP Logged
Great part Dear.. Dat was a Quick update.. Abhay said Sorry.. Soooo Chweettt of him but it Seems Piya is still Angry.. As usual waiting for d next part.. Thanx for d pm.. lolz..

natashu

Go to top