Preet Se Bandhi Yeh Dori... Ram Milaayi Jodi
Preet Se Bandhi Yeh Dori... Ram Milaayi Jodi

Idiocy and Insensitivity to the max

Hot_Indo_Chilly IF-Dazzler
Hot_Indo_Chilly
Hot_Indo_Chilly

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 2:50pm | IP Logged

There are a few things I want to put out:

1. Mona cooking Gujju food: Before ordering Mona to cook Gujju food, why didn't the Gandhis ask Mona if she knew how to cook Gujju food? I mean they know she's a Punju so she might not have ever heard of theplas (I only know of from Saas Bhi kabhi Bahu thi!). And why didn't one of teh Gujju ladies stay in the kitchen just to give some company, and assist Mona a bit? I mean in even at our place & community (I'm Bihari btw), when a new bride cooks for the first time, she has someone giving her company in the kitchen. The aim of this is to help integrate the new family member, not to ostracize & isolate her. That kind of behavior will just make the bride hate her in-laws and she will never mingle with them.

2. These days it is quite common to have girls who don't know how to cook, let alone coming from a diff community. I agree with a lot of forum members who say that one should know the basics to avoid being taunted at. One of the brides that came in my family is an Oriya by ethnicity. When asked to do her first rasoi, she asks her MIL to order GITS mix for Gulab Jamun. Everyone was shocked that she didn't know even know how to cook a simple sweet dish like halwa on her own. And there were a lot snickering remarks about! So peeps try to avoid to it. As for me, I have learnt how to make ha;wa and kheer to avoid that kind of embarrassing situation after my wedding (which is next month btw!)

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Ishk4unotskamanianjalianjaliGauri22Shas3tvdekha

nycsweetie IF-Sizzlerz
nycsweetie
nycsweetie

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 4:20pm | IP Logged
well said

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Shas3

brainychild92 IF-Sizzlerz
brainychild92
brainychild92

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 4:47pm | IP Logged
they left her alone to "test her" more like embarress her! remember nobody likes her!    

luckily u saw and learned from one of the brides who came to ur place otherwise halwa is not easy to make (if u ask me, but if u ask my mother  it depends on what kind of halwa..lol)   mona had nobody to learn from..

btw.. CONGRATZ on ur wedding:D:D!!   

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Ishk4unotanjalianjaliShas3

Shas3 IF-Dazzler
Shas3
Shas3

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 4:53pm | IP Logged
I live in Trinidad and I want to know, Do the other family members really pass comments like they do in Indian serials when a family member does something a little different or are they more modern? I'd really like to know. I think it's cool that you learnt to prepare the kheer and halwa before the wedding. Congrats and all the best for the big day!
brainychild92 IF-Sizzlerz
brainychild92
brainychild92

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 7:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Shas3

I live in Trinidad and I want to know, Do the other family members really pass comments like they do in Indian serials when a family member does something a little different or are they more modern? I'd really like to know. I think it's cool that you learnt to prepare the kheer and halwa before the wedding. Congrats and all the best for the big day!

every (joint) family does honestly, i believe... i went to lahore for my chachoo's wedding and when she couldn't cook food for the family it was frowned upon. luckily for her, she came in my family and we covered up for her.  our tradition is that the new bride makes a dish for the family, not a whole gourmet menu! she eventually did make us something   vv different but nevertheless it was appreciated and good too now that i think of it..lol

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Ishk4unotShas3

HalkatJawaniJay IF-Dazzler
HalkatJawaniJay
HalkatJawaniJay

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 8:29pm | IP Logged
Firstly Congrats for your wedding... but the comment issue you know I seriously haven't come across anybody making remarks about it. My cousin's wife came from Sikh household and we're hindu, but you know my aunts(her mother-in-laws) helped her out learn our family rituals, and my bhabhi was willing to learn...today I say she is the best bhabhi in the world.

Shas3

April2007 IF-Dazzler
April2007
April2007

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 9:51pm | IP Logged
In many Sikh families the bahu is not supposed to enter the kitchen the first year. They want the young couple to enjoy their togetherness. Cooking is not given any great importance. I didn't know how to cook when I got married and it was not a big deal..I learned along the way. Many of many friends don't know , how to cook very well"

What is Sajaal doing in her Maikaa..Why is she interfering abusing her brothers daughter-in-law.

Infofan

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index