ABHAY in SEETA aur GEETA Remake with KAT AKKI

Posted: 13 years ago

Akki-Abhay in Seeta Aur Geeta remake

Reshma Kelkar Dabholkar, TNN, Jan 26, 2011, 12.00am IST

Read more: Akki-Abhay in Seeta Aur Geeta remake? - The Times of India http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/Akki-Abhay-in-Seeta-Aur-Geeta-remake/articleshow/7361011.cms#ixzz1C5bArYZM

If everything goes well the Khiladi Kumar and Abhay Deol will be seen romancing Katrina in the film.

Reportedly Katrina will be seen reprising Hema Malini's double role in the remake of 70's classic film 'Seeta Aur Geeta'. Now the question is who will be seen in the street-smart Dharmendra and sophisticated shy guy Sanjeev Kumar's role in the remake?

According to an industry source, Akshay has been confirmed for Dharmendra's role while the producers are in talks with Abhay Deol who, they deem perfect to play Sanjeev Kumar's character. It is also believed that the actors will don a retro look for the film.

Produced by Sunil Bohra for Viacom 18, the remake is in the scripting stage and producers are yet to zero in a director. It was reported earlier that Dibakar Banerjee will be directing the film but the director is yet to give his nod. Talking to us about the same Banerjee said, "I have been approached to direct the remake of 'Seeta Aur Geeta' but I am yet to decide on it. Nothing is confirmed as yet."

Read more: Akki-Abhay in Seeta Aur Geeta remake? - The Times of India http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/Akki-Abhay-in-Seeta-Aur-Geeta-remake/articleshow/7361011.cms#ixzz1C5aaKQd8

'Katrina to do a double role'

Meena Iyer, TNN, Jan 20, 2011, 12.00am IST

Read more: 'Katrina to do a double role' - The Times of India http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/Katrina-to-do-a-double-role/articleshow/7319038.cms#ixzz1BVypJ9b5

|Katrina Kaif|Hema Malini|Farah Khan
Katrina Kaif More Pics
It was bound to happen sooner or later. Katrina Kaif, who is being given the credit for pulling off Farah Khan's Tees Maar Khan to whatever degree the film worked and is currently seen as being as solid as a hero at the box office, is being considered for a double role in a forthcoming film.

A trade guru says, "This is an age-old Bollywood tradition. When Hema Malini was at her peak Ramesh Sippy made Seeta Aur Geeta with her. Likewise when Sridevi was riding a crest of popularity, Pankuj Parasher made Chaalbaaz with her. Now, since Kat is the golden girl of Bollywood, a film corporation that has bought the rights for Seeta Aur Geeta is wanting to make a new version of this film with Katrina."

Kat refuses to comment on the subject. But our sources tell us, "The plan to make a film that has Katrina in a double role is definitely on. There is speculation that Dibakar Banerjee (Khosla Ka Ghosla, Oye Lucky Lucky Oye, Love Sex Aur Dhoka) may be asked to direct it. A couple of other high-profile director names are also being floated. However, nothing is final yet. They also need two leading men for the film. At best, this project can be described as a work-in-progress." Perhaps, that's why Kat is silent

Read more: 'Katrina to do a double role' - The Times of India http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/Katrina-to-do-a-double-role/articleshow/7319038.cms#ixzz1BVylBlMh
Edited by -Maddy- - 13 years ago
I'm imagining Katrina on a pankha😃
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Katrina in Seeta Aur Geeta 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Are they mad? Hema Malini's role and Katrina 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

It should have been Preity Zinta
Thanks Maddy for providing me with something humorous🤣

how many movies is kat being considered for...?  do they just mention her name at the outset to bring notice to the movies...?  😛😛

dunno how true this one is, though... as of now, it all seems speculation....! 

why do they keep remaking all the old bollywood classics... don't they have any more new story writers...??  🤔
The new story writers are mostly abysmal, hence their thinking is that they will be golden if they remake a previously successful film

Kat wouldn't be my choice for the role though😉
Kat can't even nail one role, how is she going to handle playing double role in one film. lol
Originally posted by Nuktaacheen

how many movies is kat being considered for...?  do they just mention her name at the outset to bring notice to the movies...?  😛😛

dunno how true this one is, though... as of now, it all seems speculation....! 

why do they keep remaking all the old bollywood classics... don't they have any more new story writers...??  🤔

I know why would they want to recreate Seeta Aur Geeta (even though I haven't seen it)
My bad, this is like a followup article. This is what happens in sleep deprivation lol
No problem....I am sleepy myself