Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars

India-Forums

Madhuri Dixit Fan Club # 2 Dil Toh Pagal Hai 4 U (Page 146)

AnyaCrazy4Sanz Senior Member
AnyaCrazy4Sanz
AnyaCrazy4Sanz

Posted: 15 February 2011 at 9:19pm | IP Logged
Madhuri Dixit - The Empress
With her kind of malleability, she can be moulded to suit any role, writes Devraj Singh Kalsi

Madhuri Dixit began her career with a flop. Then she delivered a massive hit. She staged her comeback with a flop. Will she now surprise us by delivering a big hit to prove her critics wrong? Diametrically opposite views are in circulation regarding her future in Bollywood. Some contend that she should not grope to find a foothold in the industry where she had been the reigning diva for several years. Others contend that she has a lot to achieve as an actor and she should certainly explore options instead of basking in the glory of the past. Basically the argument is between those who aver that her best is over and those who believe that her best is yet to come.  
If Madhuri capitalizes on her strengths like any other actress does, she is not putting in sufficient thought to re-examine herself. If she radiates her picture-perfect smile to  endear viewers, she is over-estimating the potential of her smile. If she banks on her exquisite looks, she is under-valuing the raw sensuality of younger heroines in the fray who have shed inhibitions to reveal size zero figures. If she tries to depend on her dancing skills, she has to exude oomph while gyrating her body to Bollywood tunes. If Ek do teen and Choli ke peeche are considered legendary item songs, she was an item girl par excellence. Ignore everything else to focus on acting alone.
In her heydays, she showed promise as a comic actor, also in dramatically charged roles. If she is really serious about Bollywood, it does not seem so as of now, she should re-launch herself with new strengths added. Give us a Madhuri we have not seen yet. Give us a Madhuri who makes us feel that Indian cinema would have been poorer if she had not returned to the silver screen. Create magic of a different kind by adding substance to the role, by taking it to a different level altogether. Leave behind what was achieved in the 80s and 90s. If she is approached to revive that earlier magic, she should reject those projects.
Male leads prefer to work with the same Madhuri they have known. With fixed ideas of what she was, her co-stars expect her to showcase her same skills and this impedes her groW*H and evolution. With star power still in their favour, heroes feel they can enable her to crawl the top. Even if she is willing to leave her past behind, the industry does not want her to rediscover herself. Tried and tested formula of success re-invented to achieve success. With age not on her side, she should not cast herself in predictable roles. Her earlier image was big. Will she be able to surpass her own record? There are many who believe that a flop does not matter much. Many advisors feed her the view that the film did not flop because of her, that the audience still wants to see the same Madhuri. But how can Madhuri judge whether the audiences really want to see her in the same mould? It is difficult for her and the best way is to depend on her own judgment and instinct instead of believing what actors and directors want her to believe.
Leading directors, who have earlier worked with her, have new faces in mind while casting for their films. But there are many directors who dreamt of working with her but sadly she left the film world before they could go behind the lens. Now they are in a comfortable position to take bold decisions. Like Farhan Akhtar, Anurag Kashyap, Farah Khan, Vishal Bhardwaj. Not necessarily crackling roles for her but certainly meaningful ones that transform her career to a different level - where she gets to emote, not just sing and dance. Begin a new journey. And the journey should be similar to what Big B has gone through. From a super star to a super actor.
Many heroines exit on a graceful note. Many return because they are desperate for fame and glamour. Some return with hunger to prove more. Since Madhuri has enjoyed the glorious days and also enjoys a happy family support system, her return should mean that she is doing it because of the inner creative urge to explore her talent, which she has the conviction to deliver. So it is useless to compete with the young breed of heroines. Make it clear with the choice of films that the return is the beginning of another phase of glory. It is not  limited to playing super mom or loving sister. No point signing up a multi-starrer where she cannot do much. She should look for scripts with a world cinema kind of feel, intelligent cinema to make a mark. Not that there is any dearth of actors or directors of such cinema today. The only thing is that she has to be prepared to get it out of her system that she is a star and her foray in Bollywood should definitely have enough of sparkling stardom. There are many talented regional directors in Bengal and Maharashtra who can possibly take care of her in offbeat films. It is up to her to make up her mind to decide what her goals are, what she wants to achieve at this stage of her career.
With a clear head, she can pick her priorities and select roles for the future. As for the audience, it is true that they will feel the lack of what she gave them earlier, but she must realise that her fans were living without her dance all these years. Enjoying the Sheilas and Munnis. The return has to be for herself, to satisfy her urge for what she could not do. The trappings of stardom always restricted her and the industry people from indulging in experimentation. With her kind of malleability, she can be moulded to suit any role. And her magic, in all probability, can work in every form.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

pinkimd*Resham*

AnyaCrazy4Sanz Senior Member
AnyaCrazy4Sanz
AnyaCrazy4Sanz

Posted: 15 February 2011 at 9:36pm | IP Logged

Ethnic Mads aces gowning glory Munni

They are the yummy mummies of B-town. They are also flawless dancers and natural beauties in their own right. But that is where the similarities between Madhuri Dixit Nene and Malaika Arora Khan end.

Madhuri DixitThe Bollywood beauties, who appear as judges on the reality dance show Jhalak Dikhla Jaa season 4, are opposites where their take on fashion is concerned. While Mrs Nene is always spotted in traditional anarkali salwars and saris, Malaika has stuck to the flowing gowns and printed dresses that have long become her signature. Malaika Arora KhanLooking at their personal style and choice of outfits, it is evident that the actresses come from different schools of fashion sensibilities.

Mads, in her dazzling array of ethnicwear, from short, fitted and floortouching anarkalis as well as textured saris, is reviving the beauty of Indian textiles on the show. Designed by Sabyasachi Mukherjee, the guru of traditional weaves, the outfits use velvet, combined with a mixture of patterns and gold patti work, which is the trademark of the designer.

"We need to realise the importance of our own culture and the richness of our country. India has so much potential and the revival of dying traditional crafts can play an important part in preserving our country's heritage," says Sabya.

The bold and beautiful Malaika is at the other end of the couture spectrum, with her strappy gowns and bareback dresses, which have now become a part of the actress's fashion identity.

Indeed, it is not easy to outshine the presence of Malaika on a show, whether it is because of her oodles of sex appeal or her 'sex bomb' image. The actress was in the news last year for her chartbuster Munni badnaam hui in the film Dabangg.

But this time, it seems Madhuri is giving tough competition to Munni, with her classic beauty and the traditional twist to her style. Seems like it's time for Madhuri Dixit to make a comeback to tinseltown again.

pinkimd*Resham*

pinkimd Groupbie
pinkimd
pinkimd

Posted: 15 February 2011 at 10:15pm | IP Logged

Hi, I am silent member and this is my first post..i love this thread and i love Madhuri Dixit so much..i also love you guys..you all are fantastic people who shares articles on MD, videos, links and all news related to her..its very good to know about ur favourite MD..super cool....Clap keep it up!!! cheers!!!Big smile

Edited by pinkimd - 15 February 2011 at 10:21pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

luv_sakshi

pinkimd Groupbie
pinkimd
pinkimd

Posted: 15 February 2011 at 10:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by luv_sakshi

Originally posted by TiaMaria93

Originally posted by TiaMaria93

sigh i watched DTPH today :D woow...i must say..madhs is phenomenal ... and i realised things abt hte movie i never noticed before..like the fact that karishma sang joote dedo paise lelo after her tequila shots! LOL! 

sigh, madhuri is ...wow....WOW WOW WOOOWW .... that entire movie... was superb....definition of romance...DTPH ...ClapClap

haha and today i took my bharatanatyam riyaaz to a next level...seeing that i could never resist the temptation to watch madhuri vids on u tube once i am on the pc..i ended up learning the steps to the "dum duma dum" song. hahaha i'm just REALLY loving that particular song....her expressions are so mischievous and spoiled-kid  ...the pink little outfit.. hahaha everything abt it....Approve

Yeah TiaWink...DTPH is my all time Fav tooBig smile...n Madhuri...my God! She's the UltimateEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed...just can't get over her, no mater how many times over i watch the movie!!Smile Hey, i also liked that Lil scene in the movie where Madz is at a gift store with her friend buying pretty gifts for V-DayEmbarrassed...n her friend asks whom Madhuri's buying all that stuff forLOL...n Madhuri says "For myself..i don't have anyone who'll gift me stuff like this on V-Day, so i'm just making myself happy, buying them for myself!"EmbarrassedWinkLOL...n her friend goes "Pooja, you're crazy"Tongue...n then Madhuri gives a Cute smile n says "That though i am"EmbarrassedLOL...Aww...i found that scene so CuteEmbarrassedEmbarrassed..especially 'coz of Madhuri!!Clap BTW, if i was around when Madz had said that, i'd probably end up buying every other gift from that shop for her!!EmbarrassedSmile hahahahaha!! yesss!! u know, after watching that movie yesterday, I am now at a loss to remember whether that was where i adopted my attitude on vday and pagalpan! LOL because for as long as i've known myself- I've had the same attitude towards valentines day> by myself things and make me happy...and then the same response when ppl tell me i'm crazy, i say..."that i am"....LOL I dont remember if i was influenced by this, but hahaha i love this scene too... u know what i reallyyy like tho... well..everything..LOL..but...this scene in dholna...where she and shah rukh are playing the flute..and she sort of justs...drifts..LOL..hmmm really love tht little scene Embarrassed

For "Dum Duma Dum"Embarrassed...can't believe they added that song much later in DilWink...but i absolutely Loved Madhuri in it!!Clap Firstly, that pink outfit..WinkAww...she looked like a Doll!EmbarrassedEmbarrassed didnt she?! Clap she also reminded me of dessert..LOL ahhaha, not sure why...but i think it's the pink colourLOLThen her Bang On Attitude n face off with AamirClap...followed by those groovy dance movesStar...Awesome!!Big smile Madhuri Rocked playing the rich spoiled-brat!!ClapClapClap Loved watching Dil so muchSmile...Mom n i were just discussing about the movie n Madz the other day!EmbarrassedSmile We can't get enough of Madhuri, can we?Wink yes she did! dil was a prettyyy wonderful movie! lol and it's impossible to get enough of madhuri...unless ur her sibling or something LOL
 You know Tia...you're so much like meBig smileEmbarrassed...i watch n download Madhuri videos from YT as wellSmile..can't resist that at all!Embarrassed hahaha i was beginning to think the same way too...anytime i read ur responses i feel like you took the words straight from my mouth! hahahahaah *hi five*

BTW, its Gr8 to know you're learning Bharatnatyam!!Clap thank you mate SmileI'm so very passionate about dancing as wellEmbarrassedBig smile...n to make an Honest confession here, it was Madhuri who brought that Love for dancing in meEmbarrassedClapSmile..it was after i saw her dancing to Ek Do Teen in Tezaab as a L'il girl that i felt a strong urge to learn dance tooSmile...n that passion never died out sinceEmbarrassed oohh hahaha u kno what..this is another grey area for me! HAHA..i am pretty confident it was my interest in bollywood movies that made me want to be a dancer...but i am almost 100% certain it's madhuri's influence that cemented classical dance for me ......the only sad part though is that i never got an opportunity to learn classical dancingCryCryCry...n i'll always regret that!!Ouch There weren't any dance trainers around my placeConfusedOuch.u know what...dont worry about it...it was like this for me too...for many many years i have wanted to dance- especially classical dance...but i never had the courage or confidence to do it..and there was also not much classical trainers at the time....it's actually a groW*H in myself that has led to dancing....like....i know this si so late in life..but i only started dancing mid-last year...but i am loving every second of it and really dedicating myself....and i think it's an attitude i personally have- but also adopted from my over-exposure to madhuriEmbarrassed .but that doesn't stop me from trying out different moves in front of my bedroom mirrorEmbarrassedWinkLOL...i try n learn whatever i watch on TVEmbarrassed...n some of Madhuri's moves are so difficult to perfect!EmbarrassedConfused...needs loads of practice! HAHAHAH STORY OF MY LIFEEE!!! hahahahaha from the minute something comes up on screen..be it the way she laughs, says something or dances...hahahaha i speeeeed off to my mirror to try and imitate or innovate it to suit me! HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA *good laugh here* oh yes good times. hahahahahah i say go with it, once it makes u happy and brings u joy Big smile

Ok TiaSmile...first things first...tell me something honestly!!Confused Are you my twin sister by any chance?Embarrassed Did we get lost in a "Kumbh Ka Mela" when we were babies?EmbarrassedWinkLOL I mean...how can someone's thoughts be a xerox copy of the other!?Shocked Truly surprises me to know that we're so alike!!EmbarrassedWink And *Hi 5" BuddyClap...you feel the same thing too!!Hug So you bring gifts for yourself every Valentine's?Wink Bet it must've been after watching Madz in DTPHEmbarrassedLOL...guess what i brought for myself on V-Day last timeSmile...a pretty Bookmark which read: "Who says i don't Love anybody? See, I Love Myself!"Embarrassed LOLZ!!LOLLOL For the flute scene in DholnaDay Dreaming...Girl!! Same pinch againEmbarrassed...'coz i just can't stop watching that bit over again when i play that song on my LappieBig smile...the way Madhuri flows when SRK gets close to her playing that flute, is so Romantic!!EmbarrassedEmbarrassed

Madhuri reminded you of desert when you saw her in that pink dress in "Dum Duma Dum"?EmbarrassedWink...she reminded me of strawberryBlushing...n i simply Loved Dil!ClapClapClap Madz-Aamir were a really Cute pair!!Hug As far as getting over Madhuri is concerned, well, i wouldn't be able to even if i was her sibling!!EmbarrassedEmbarrassed LOLZ!!LOL

Isn't it wonderful we kinda share the same stories about our lives?Smile Our passion for dancing comes from the same base tooEmbarrassed...Madhuri!!Hug We both try steps out in front of the mirror n try newer things within itSmile..we find immense joy in art of dancingThumbs Up...& we're absolutely nuts about MadhuriHug..Wish there were good dance schools around, so i could enroll too!CryOuch I know its a L'il lateConfused...but i'm so passionate about this artSmile...wish to learn either Bharatnatyam or Kathak!Embarrassed You know what, as a kid, i would even copy the way Madhuri dressed or walked...or the way she laughed or tied her hair!!Big smileEmbarrassed LOLZ!!LOL Do i sound insane?Tongue What's more, when Raja released, i remember my Sis n I trying out the way she rolls her eyes in "Ankhiyan Milaon"WinkEmbarrassed...n we ended up laughing at ourselves 'coz we just couldn't get it right!!LOLLOLLOL Love mouthing Madhuri's dialogues too!Embarrassed
Wow what an analysis!!!!! GR8 guys..keep it up..its really nice to read...ClapClapClapClap

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

luv_sakshi

pinkimd Groupbie
pinkimd
pinkimd

Posted: 15 February 2011 at 10:30pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by *Resham*

Tk care...and luv u all...I got the best of frnds whom I shared Mads here....Hug

AwwEmbarrassed...Love You to Resham!Hug...same here Girl!Smile...have found the Best of Buddies to share the craziest of thoughts about Madhuri here!Hug...what's more, i found my twin Sis too!WinkEmbarrassedLOL
i like it..i truely agree..all MD fans...crazy girls for MD..lets cheers to all of us..LOL
pinkimd Groupbie
pinkimd
pinkimd

Posted: 15 February 2011 at 10:48pm | IP Logged

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

luv_sakshi*Resham*peachesnplums

pinkimd Groupbie
pinkimd
pinkimd

Posted: 15 February 2011 at 10:51pm | IP Logged
Dhak Dhak Girl