Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars

India-Forums

Madhuri Dixit Fan Club # 2 Dil Toh Pagal Hai 4 U (Page 138)

peachesnplums IF-Sizzlerz
peachesnplums
peachesnplums

Posted: 13 February 2011 at 5:43am | IP Logged
announcement time people - max stardust awards will air on feb 20, sunday at 8pm on set max (someone please confirm if it'll be telecast on sony channel as well). madhuri attended the event (black sari) and presented an award to mr amitabh bachchan.

my V-day song dedication for Madz  is

Jab Tu Muskuraati Hai
Bijli Bhi Sharmaati Hai
Palkein Jab Uthaati Hai
Duniya Theher Jaati Hai) - 2
Tere Rang Ne, Tere Dhang Ne
Tere Sang Ne Kiya Kya
Koi Mere Dil Se Poochhe

i think it suits her perfectly, even though it's not from her film

Edited by peachesnplums - 13 February 2011 at 5:44am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

luv_sakshi

*Resham* IF-Veteran Member
*Resham*
*Resham*

Posted: 13 February 2011 at 6:42am | IP Logged
Yes I too saw it...thx for the information...well Mads just said naa in her intv she is returning back...well can I hold this info...nooooooooooooCry
luv_sakshi IF-Rockerz
luv_sakshi
luv_sakshi

Posted: 13 February 2011 at 7:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nima9

Madhuri Best, says Birju Mahraj
Madhuri Dixit
CHANDIGARH: According to kathak maestro Birju Maharaj, Madhuri Dixit is the best Bollywood dancer due to her versitality. He was here to perform at Tagore theatre during the 7th Guru M L Koser and Guru Shobha Koser award ceremony on Saturday.

While recalling the days of rehearsal with Madhuri Dixit during the making of Devdas, Pandit Birju Maharaj appreciated the dancing skills of the actress. He had composed at least 25 ''Thumris'' for Kavita

Krishnamurthy after which ''Kahe Ched Ched Mohe'' was finalized by the film director, Sanjay Leela Bhansali. Based on his father's poetry, it was sung by Pandit Birju Maharaj, Kavita Krishnamurthy and Madhuri Dixit.

He said, ''Madhuri rehearsed for 12 consecutive nights. She never expressed satisfaction after watching the video. He feels that due to apathy of the film industry, classical dances are being ignored. According to him, the present artistes are too weak and get over with their acts in less than an hour. 'The best award is appreciation from the public. I accept the awards and devote them to God and my gurus.''

Koi Shak????Wink

Without a Doubt...Madhuri is simply the Best!!ClapClapClapClapClap What could be better than Pandit Birju Maharaj acknowledging that himself!!Big smile Saroj ji had spoken before of Madhuri's determination to practice non-stop for hours until she perfected her movesThumbs Up...n now its Pandit jiSmile...& didn't Madhuri mention on Jhalak that she was a huge fan of Pandit Birju Maharaj & felt honoured to be working with him in Devdas?Embarrassed Madhuri is simply Superb!!ClapClapClapClapClap There just can't be anyone like her!!Thumbs Up
luv_sakshi IF-Rockerz
luv_sakshi
luv_sakshi

Posted: 13 February 2011 at 7:43am | IP Logged

Mithun speaks about Madhuri on Dance India Dance

Aww...i second Mithun Da's thoughts completely!!Embarrassed Madhuri Rocks n How!!ClapClapClapClapClap Thanks for sharing Nima!Big smile
luv_sakshi IF-Rockerz
luv_sakshi
luv_sakshi

Posted: 13 February 2011 at 7:44am | IP Logged

The ultimate Diva of Indian cinema :Madhuri Dixit part 1

The Ultimate Diva of Indian cinema: Madhuri Dixit Part 2

The Ultimate Diva of Indian cinema: Madhuri Dixit Part 3

The Ultimate Diva of Indian Cinema :Madhuri Dixit (part 4)

Oooh!Big smileSmile These are Awesome!!ClapClapClapClap Thank You so much for sharing the links NimaEmbarrassed...made for Gr8 viewing!Thumbs Up...Hail Queen Madhuri!EmbarrassedThumbs UpStar
luv_sakshi IF-Rockerz
luv_sakshi
luv_sakshi

Posted: 13 February 2011 at 7:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by suzi_b

MD tweeted.....twice todaySmile

Madhuri Dixit-Nene
"The action is heating up on JDJ. I am really enjoying it. Meanwhile, seems the season for award shows. Which was your favorite?"

"Practicing Kathak today!"

Aww..Thanks SuziSmile...we're enjoying watching Madhuri on JDJ just as muchClapClapClapClapClap...but i don't wanna think that the Grand Finale is just around the corner n Madhuri will be returning back to the US after that!!CryOuch
luv_sakshi IF-Rockerz
luv_sakshi
luv_sakshi

Posted: 13 February 2011 at 7:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by TiaMaria93

sigh i watched DTPH today :D woow...i must say..madhs is phenomenal ... and i realised things abt hte movie i never noticed before..like the fact that karishma sang joote dedo paise lelo after her tequila shots! LOL! 

sigh, madhuri is ...wow....WOW WOW WOOOWW .... that entire movie... was superb....definition of romance...DTPH ...ClapClap

haha and today i took my bharatanatyam riyaaz to a next level...seeing that i could never resist the temptation to watch madhuri vids on u tube once i am on the pc..i ended up learning the steps to the "dum duma dum" song. hahaha i'm just REALLY loving that particular song....her expressions are so mischievous and spoiled-kid  ...the pink little outfit.. hahaha everything abt it....Approve

Yeah TiaWink...DTPH is my all time Fav tooBig smile...n Madhuri...my God! She's the UltimateEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed...just can't get over her, no mater how many times over i watch the movie!!Smile Hey, i also liked that Lil scene in the movie where Madz is at a gift store with her friend buying pretty gifts for V-DayEmbarrassed...n her friend asks whom Madhuri's buying all that stuff forLOL...n Madhuri says "For myself..i don't have anyone who'll gift me stuff like this on V-Day, so i'm just making myself happy, buying them for myself!"EmbarrassedWinkLOL...n her friend goes "Pooja, you're crazy"Tongue...n then Madhuri gives a Cute smile n says "That though i am"EmbarrassedLOL...Aww...i found that scene so CuteEmbarrassedEmbarrassed..especially 'coz of Madhuri!!ClapClapClapClapClap BTW, if i was around when Madz had said that, i'd probably end up buying every other gift from that shop for her!!EmbarrassedSmile

For "Dum Duma Dum"Embarrassed...can't believe they added that song much later in DilWink...but i absolutely Loved Madhuri in it!!ClapClapClapClapClap Firstly, that pink outfit..WinkAww...she looked like a Doll!EmbarrassedEmbarrassed Then her Bang On Attitude n face off with AamirClapClapClapClap...followed by those groovy dance movesStar...Awesome!!Big smile Madhuri Rocked playing the rich spoiled-brat!!ClapClapClap Loved watching Dil so muchSmile...Mom n i were just discussing about the movie n Madz the other day!EmbarrassedSmile We can't get enough of Madhuri, can we?Wink You know Tia...you're so much like meBig smileEmbarrassed...i watch n download Madhuri videos from YT as wellSmile..can't resist that at all!Embarrassed

BTW, its Gr8 to know you're learning Bharatnatyam!!ClapClapClapClap I'm so very passionate about dancing as wellEmbarrassedBig smile...n to make an Honest confession here, it was Madhuri who brought that Love for dancing in meEmbarrassedClapSmile..it was after i saw her dancing to Ek Do Teen in Tezaab as a L'il girl that i felt a strong urge to learn dance tooSmile...n that passion never died out sinceEmbarrassed...the only sad part though is that i never got an opportunity to learn classical dancingCryCryCry...n i'll always regret that!!Ouch There weren't any dance trainers around my placeConfusedOuch..but that doesn't stop me from trying out different moves in front of my bedroom mirrorEmbarrassedWinkLOL...i try n learn whatever i watch on TVEmbarrassed...n some of Madhuri's moves are so difficult to perfect!EmbarrassedConfused...needs loads of practice!

*Resham*

luv_sakshi IF-Rockerz
luv_sakshi
luv_sakshi

Posted: 13 February 2011 at 7:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by suzi_b

Mom, you are a star!, Madhuri's kids realize
Indo-Asian News Service
New Delhi, February 13, 2011
First Published: 10:06 IST(13/2/2011)
Last Updated: 10:14 IST(13/2/2011)
share more
3 Comments         
 email     print
She has mesmerised millions of Indians with her screen performances, but Madhuri Dixit's US-brought up kids realised their mother was a big Bollywood star only when they visited the sets of a dance reality show recently. "They didn't know, but they are kind of realising now when they visited the sets of Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa and saw everybody praising me and talking about me. They ask like, 'Oh, so you are a big star in India'," Madhuri said in an interview.

Madhuri lives in Denver, Colorado, with her husband Sriram Nene and two sons - Arin, 7, and Raayan, 5, and is in India as the judge of the fourth season of the show.

Madhuri became a national craze in the 1980s and the 90s with her scintillating performances in superhits like TezaabRam Lakhan,TridevDilSaajanKhalnayakHum Aapke Hain KounDil To Pagal Haiand Devdas.

The actress took a sabbatical after 2002 and made a come back withAaja Nachle in 2007, but the film bombed at the box office.

The failure, however, didn't affect the star aura surrounding her. She got a warm welcome by her fans and colleagues. Whether it's award functions or other public events, Madhuri's charm swept one and all.

The actress is touched after receiving such an overwhelming response from everyone and calls herself very fortunate.

"It always feels wonderful. I feel blessed. There is not a single day when I don't thank god that he has given me so much. I have received so much love from everyone wherever I have gone that I feel I am very fortunate and thank everyone for that," she said.

Her on-screen simplicity, acting prowess and elegant dancing style have made her an icon for many, especially youngsters.

So, how does it feel to be called an icon?

"It feels really nice that people love you so much, they appreciate your work and consider you an icon. It's always good to have compliments. It makes you feel nice. It makes your face glow," she said, flashing her evergreen smile.

She was recently honoured with a special award for completing 25 years in Bollywood at the 56th Idea Filmfare awards where she set the stage on fire with Shah Rukh Khan. They danced together on hit songs like Are re Are from Dil To Pagal HaiMaar Daala from Devdas andTere Naina from My Name Is Khan.

"This was my first ever stage performance with Shah Rukh anywhere in the world and I really enjoyed working with him after such a long time," she said.

Both have previously worked in films like KoylaDil To Pagal HaiHum Tumhare Hain Sanam and Devdas.

For those eagerly waiting for Madhuri's return to the big screen will have to wait for some more time as she will be going back to the US to be with her kids and husband after Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa.

"It was great to be back to work after I had taken time off to be with my kids. This is a nice change for me. I miss my kids very much; so I'll be back (to the US) in a month," she said.

As for her next film Madhuri said, "I have been going through a lot of scripts, but nothing has been finalised as yet."

She is currently in talks with Anil Kapoor to star in a Bollywood remake of Hollywood film Freaky Friday.

Aww....how sweet!EmbarrassedEmbarrassed Simply Love reading Madhuri's interviewsBig smile...they're always so Genuine, Honest n Straight from the Heart!!ClapClapClapClapClap This one was just as Special!!Smile

Madhuri's Boys are so AdorableEmbarrassedWink...so much like her n Dr. Ram!!Smile Touchwood!Embarrassed Madhuri's humble gestureEmbarrassed...never forgetting God, her family n her fans for everything she is...truly touches my Heart!!ClapClapClapClapClap There can't be anyone like herEmbarrassed...that's why the Respect, Love n Admiration i have for her only keeps growing by leaps n bounds with each passing day!ClapClapClapClapClap In fact, we should be Thanking God that He created Madhuri n then created us, so we could Love, Appreciate n idolize her!!EmbarrassedBig smile She deserves it all n so much moreSmile...she's so inspiring n there's so much i learn from her everyday!!ClapClapClapClapClap My Madhuri is the Best!!EmbarrassedSmile

AwwEmbarrassed...The poor Baby's missing her kids back homeCryCry...n when she returns, we're gonna Miss her Heaps as well!!OuchCry Don't even wanna think of that day!!Cry...n yes, i simply Loved her in Filmfare performing with SRKClapClapClapClap...their chemistry Rocks n the passion & intensity in their performance showed n How!ClapStar Plus, Madhuri got recognized for the 25 Rcking years she's given to the Film industryClapClapClapClapClap...could it get better than this for us fans?SmileWink Love Madhuri so much always will!!EmbarrassedEmbarrassed

*Resham*

Go to top