Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars

India-Forums

Madhuri Dixit Fan Club # 2 Dil Toh Pagal Hai 4 U (Page 137)

suzi_b IF-Rockerz
suzi_b
suzi_b

Posted: 13 February 2011 at 1:01am | IP Logged
Mom, you are a star!, Madhuri's kids realize
Indo-Asian News Service
New Delhi, February 13, 2011
First Published: 10:06 IST(13/2/2011)
Last Updated: 10:14 IST(13/2/2011)
share more...
3 Comments         
 email     print
She has mesmerised millions of Indians with her screen performances, but Madhuri Dixit's US-brought up kids realised their mother was a big Bollywood star only when they visited the sets of a dance reality show recently. "They didn't know, but they are kind of realising now when they visited the 
sets of Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa and saw everybody praising me and talking about me. They ask like, 'Oh, so you are a big star in India'," Madhuri said in an interview.

Madhuri lives in Denver, Colorado, with her husband Sriram Nene and two sons - Arin, 7, and Raayan, 5, and is in India as the judge of the fourth season of the show.

Madhuri became a national craze in the 1980s and the 90s with her scintillating performances in superhits like TezaabRam Lakhan,TridevDilSaajanKhalnayakHum Aapke Hain KounDil To Pagal Haiand Devdas.

The actress took a sabbatical after 2002 and made a come back withAaja Nachle in 2007, but the film bombed at the box office.

The failure, however, didn't affect the star aura surrounding her. She got a warm welcome by her fans and colleagues. Whether it's award functions or other public events, Madhuri's charm swept one and all.

The actress is touched after receiving such an overwhelming response from everyone and calls herself very fortunate.

"It always feels wonderful. I feel blessed. There is not a single day when I don't thank god that he has given me so much. I have received so much love from everyone wherever I have gone that I feel I am very fortunate and thank everyone for that," she said.

Her on-screen simplicity, acting prowess and elegant dancing style have made her an icon for many, especially youngsters.

So, how does it feel to be called an icon?

"It feels really nice that people love you so much, they appreciate your work and consider you an icon. It's always good to have compliments. It makes you feel nice. It makes your face glow," she said, flashing her evergreen smile.

She was recently honoured with a special award for completing 25 years in Bollywood at the 56th Idea Filmfare awards where she set the stage on fire with Shah Rukh Khan.

They danced together on hit songs like Are re Are from Dil To Pagal HaiMaar Daala from Devdas andTere Naina from My Name Is Khan.

"This was my first ever stage performance with Shah Rukh anywhere in the world and I really enjoyed working with him after such a long time," she said.

Both have previously worked in films like KoylaDil To Pagal HaiHum Tumhare Hain Sanam and Devdas.

For those eagerly waiting for Madhuri's return to the big screen will have to wait for some more time as she will be going back to the US to be with her kids and husband after Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa.

"It was great to be back to work after I had taken time off to be with my kids. This is a nice change for me. I miss my kids very much; so I'll be back (to the US) in a month," she said.

As for her next film Madhuri said, "I have been going through a lot of scripts, but nothing has been finalised as yet."

She is currently in talks with Anil Kapoor to star in a Bollywood remake of Hollywood film Freaky Friday.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Armu4evaluv_sakshi*Resham*

suzi_b IF-Rockerz
suzi_b
suzi_b

Posted: 13 February 2011 at 1:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nima9

Madhuri Best, says Birju Mahraj
Madhuri Dixit
CHANDIGARH: According to kathak maestro Birju Maharaj, Madhuri Dixit is the best Bollywood dancer due to her versitality. He was here to perform at Tagore theatre during the 7th Guru M L Koser and Guru Shobha Koser award ceremony on Saturday.

While recalling the days of rehearsal with Madhuri Dixit during the making of Devdas, Pandit Birju Maharaj appreciated the dancing skills of the actress. He had composed at least 25 ''Thumris'' for Kavita

Krishnamurthy after which ''Kahe Ched Ched Mohe'' was finalized by the film director, Sanjay Leela Bhansali. Based on his father's poetry, it was sung by Pandit Birju Maharaj, Kavita Krishnamurthy and Madhuri Dixit.

He said, ''Madhuri rehearsed for 12 consecutive nights. She never expressed satisfaction after watching the video. He feels that due to apathy of the film industry, classical dances are being ignored. According to him, the present artistes are too weak and get over with their acts in less than an hour. 'The best award is appreciation from the public. I accept the awards and devote them to God and my gurus.''

Koi Shak????Wink

What an honor!!!  But she deserves every bit of the praise n more..............Mads is surely the bestest!!!! The Empress of Bollywood.....Approve Star
suzi_b IF-Rockerz
suzi_b
suzi_b

Posted: 13 February 2011 at 1:14am | IP Logged
MD tweeted.....twice todaySmile

Madhuri Dixit-Nene
"The action is heating up on JDJ. I am really enjoying it. Meanwhile, seems the season for award shows. Which was your favorite?"

"Practicing Kathak today!"

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

luv_sakshi*Resham*

luv_sakshi IF-Rockerz
luv_sakshi
luv_sakshi

Posted: 13 February 2011 at 5:32am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Lennie

Madhuri Dixit

Aamir-Madhuri
(another of my fave couples)

WOWIE!!ClapClapClapClap These are simply Awesome Lennie!Thumbs Up! Couldn't Thank You enough for making theseBig smileEmbarrassed...Have always Loved your creations!!Smile Love them allThumbs UpClapEmbarrassed...some of my Fav scenes from my Fav movies!!Embarrassed

Edited by luv_sakshi - 13 February 2011 at 5:39am
luv_sakshi IF-Rockerz
luv_sakshi
luv_sakshi

Posted: 13 February 2011 at 5:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Armu4eva

Three Cheers to Madhuri n Jhalak!ClapClapClapClap She made JDJ so Special this seasonBig smile...no wonder that's the only show that went closest to being No. 1 with Big B's KBCWink...afterall, its judged by theLady Amitabh Bachchan herself!!Embarrassed
luv_sakshi IF-Rockerz
luv_sakshi
luv_sakshi

Posted: 13 February 2011 at 5:36am | IP Logged
Originally posted by suzi_b

Looking for positives

SHARE     PRINT      T+  
PRAISE FOR GRACE: Madhuri Dixit at the launch of FOODFOOD channel.
PTIPRAISE FOR GRACE: Madhuri Dixit at the launch of FOODFOOD channel.

Madhuri Dixit can still make your heart skip a beat. The actress, who considers her ear to ear smile as her biggest asset has revived the interest in dance reality show "Jhalak Dikhlaa Ja-4" with her heart felt comments and bewitching smiles. Now, she is also the lifestyle ambassador of FOODFOOD channel about which she is very excited.

Excerpts from an interview:

After coming back to India, what are the changes that you have noticed?

I have seen a lot of changes which are obviously for the better. The sea link in Mumbai is one of the wonderful works that I have seen. Though traffic is still a nightmare but I think they are making a lot of changes.

After "Aaja Nachle" in 2007, you are now judging a reality show "Jhalak Dikhlaja 4" What was the idea behind making a comeback on the small screen?

There was no idea. It was just that I was offered to judge "Jhalak'" and the producers had to do a lot of convincing. Initially, I was not very keen. But they took me to Los Angeles and showed me "Dancing With The Stars" which is the original version of "Jhalak'". They promised me to do something at that level and treat it differently from what they have been doing so far. So I thought maybe they are putting their best efforts and maybe I should do it and dance is also something which is very close to my heart.

How do you think dance forms in Hindi films have evolved with time?

Well, dance forms have changed. A lot of free style and western dances have come in. It needs lot of acrobatics! Now-a-days, a lot of mixing of different style can be seen which is good but I think we should also go back to our culture and do more of Indian dancing which we have tried to promote through "Jhalak'".

Recently, you performed with Shah Rukh Khan at the Filmfare Award ceremony. Is there something you are trying to convey to audience?

It was my first worldwide stage performance with him, which I enjoyed. However, there's no need for me to give hints because I have worked for so long. Though talks are on and will surely inform when something good comes out.

Now, you are lifestyle ambassador of FOODFOOD. Would you describe yourself as a foodie?

I like different kinds of food. My husband and I try and experiment a lot. For instance, if there is a new restaurant which offers a different cuisine, then we go and try it.

Thank you so much for sharing this!!ClapClapClap Absolutely Love the picture at the start of this articleEmbarrassed..Madz looks absolutely Gorgeous!!EmbarrassedBig smile Love those Doe-Eyes n that "to die for" smile!!EmbarrassedEmbarrassed The interview was Special n Honest as all her interviews n made for Gr8 readingClapClapClapClap...Love Madhuri's genuine answers!!Smile
luv_sakshi IF-Rockerz
luv_sakshi
luv_sakshi

Posted: 13 February 2011 at 5:39am | IP Logged
Originally posted by peachesnplums

Originally posted by luv_sakshi

Originally posted by peachesnplums

guys, how about dedicating some valentine day songs for madhuri? something on the lines of the madhuri-mahi interaction last week (where they dedicated songs to each other). they could be from her movies or numbers from any other films that you'd like to sing for madhuri.

DTPH songs are the first one on my mind, but i'll go with something different. i guess 'tumse milke aisa laga' will be my 1st dedication. it's a beautiful song, picturised on Madz. also, as the song goes, quite a few of my wishes will be fulfilled if i ever get to meet madhuriDay Dreaming.

Gr8 idea Pal!! I like the idea of dedicating a song to Madz on V-Day n your choice of song is Gr8 too...one of my personal Fav's!! Seriously yaar...if i get to meet Madhuri someday, one of my biggest dreams will be fulfilled!!

My dedication for Madhuri on V-Day would be "Mujhe Neend Na Aaye, Mujhe Chain Na Aaye, Koi Jaye Zara Dhoond Ke Lye...Na Jane Kahan Dil Kho Gaya..."

thanks sakshi, great pick by you too Thumbs Up

my dedication for Madz today would be
Raat mehke to yun bhi hota hai, chaand dharti pe aake sota hai
it's one of my favorite ghazals from Mrityudand. beautiful lyrics that suit Madhuri to a T.
youtube link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_r7SegTEYQ

how about you guys, what's your Vday dedication for Madz? waiting for more replies Smile

Thanks yaarSmile...n Thank You for the YT link to "Raat Mehke"ClapClapClap....must applaud you for the Gr8 choiceThumbs Up...its one of my most Fav songs n i simply LOVED Madhuri in that white dressEmbarrassedEmbarrassed...looking so Divine!EmbarrassedBig smile Plus, i absolutely Love the movie MrityudandClapClapClapClap...Madz Rocked it completely with her emoting n her character that fights for women truly inspires me!!Big smile

My next pick for Madz would be..."Bahut Pyar Karte Hain, Tumko Sanam...Kasam Chahe Le Lo, Khuda Ki Kasam"Embarrassed

luv_sakshi IF-Rockerz
luv_sakshi
luv_sakshi

Posted: 13 February 2011 at 5:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by suzi_b

Saw a promo 4 tuesday's episode......Mads in a sea-green colored saree, hair in bun with flowers....looking pretty......in a performance (seems like Yana....not too sure) enters dressed like a monster (look is totally scary) n comes from behind n scares the hell out of Mads n also Malaika.............they genuinely cry out in fright.........Ouch

i didn't like it...............scaring Mads like that............Angry

WOW!!Big smile Can't wait to see Madhuri dressed in green saree n flowersEmbarrassedEmbarrassed...but Yana scared her out?? AngryDidn't like that at all...Ouch

Go to top