India-Forums

Preet Se Bandhi Yeh Dori... Ram Milaayi Jodi
Preet Se Bandhi Yeh Dori... Ram Milaayi Jodi

mona was wrong (Page 2)

beetaurus Goldie
beetaurus
beetaurus

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 3:02pm | IP Logged
Mona was wrong this time, and did realize she is wrong.  She should have told Ambaji that she does not know how to cook, instead of getting the food cooked by her mom.  I understand the hapless girl thought of the consequences, because she is loosing her confidence and only wants to build confidence with ambaji.

I have a hard time listening to all the insults thrown at Mona's family and her upbringing by Anukalp's family.  It was also pathetic to see the whole Anukalp family(also Anukalp) sitting on the table waiting for food, when the bahu was trying to cook.  The elders should be in the kitchen to give her guidance and to teach her.  Just my opinion. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sidjan

deep388 Groupbie
deep388
deep388

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 3:40pm | IP Logged
Mona was at fault partially because she should've known the consequences of serving food from her maaika, especially since they are strict vegetarians as most of us gujjus are. As someone who comes from a mother (who is Haryanvi)  and not at all aware of my father's gujarati culture after she got married, my grandmother taught her everything she needed to know to fit in to the family, even the language!!Confused

So, I blame Ambaji and the elders more really, after all they should've been more helpful. Baa as the elder irritates me the most because she should be the most welcoming being the "grandmother in law". Ambaji, being a first time MIL should've been more sympathetic towards Mona, having lived with the family for years and knowing them inside and out, it is her duty to welcome the bahu (regardless of whether she is your choice or not) and take her under your wing and make her as successful as you have been as the DIL of the family...this constant critiquing of Mona (especially her family for being "Punjabi") is not helping, and it annoys me more that Anukalp stands as a mute spectator. Angry
April2007 IF-Dazzler
April2007
April2007

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 10:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by deep388

Mona was at fault partially because she should've known the consequences of serving food from her maaika, especially since they are strict vegetarians as most of us gujjus are. As someone who comes from a mother (who is Haryanvi)  and not at all aware of my father's gujarati culture after she got married, my grandmother taught her everything she needed to know to fit in to the family, even the language!!Confused

So, I blame Ambaji and the elders more really, after all they should've been more helpful. Baa as the elder irritates me the most because she should be the most welcoming being the "grandmother in law". Ambaji, being a first time MIL should've been more sympathetic towards Mona, having lived with the family for years and knowing them inside and out, it is her duty to welcome the bahu (regardless of whether she is your choice or not) and take her under your wing and make her as successful as you have been as the DIL of the family...this constant critiquing of Mona (especially her family for being "Punjabi") is not helping, and it annoys me more that Anukalp stands as a mute spectator. Angry

Vegetarian Gujju's chidren in the west eat at Macdonald..all Gujjus shop at supermarkets that have huge meat departments..they go to parties where meat dishes and vegetarian dishes are served side by side. Not eating from the same kitchen is not about Dharm the food didn't contain any meat..rest is totally invalid..all this disappears when Anukalp is being send to US..a Dharam Bhrashat country..

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sidjan

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Preet Se Bandhi Yeh Dori... Ram Milaayi Jodi Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index