Preet Se Bandhi Yeh Dori... Ram Milaayi Jodi
Preet Se Bandhi Yeh Dori... Ram Milaayi Jodi

Yeh kya ho raha hai? (Page 2)

suresh555 IF-Dazzler
suresh555
suresh555

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 2:58pm | IP Logged
Dumb dumber dumbest

How did Mona's mom and sister know how to cook Gujrati food and that too the big fat list Phui-bui ordered?

How did these three or four (Hetal now officially joins the list of chudails) Gandhi women not realise that how can one poor and horrified bahu cook up the feast they ordered in the matter of hours?

And now according to the precap, these dumbo-bens are going to put Mona on a one day starvation for all the food these dumbos gulped down like they had never seen food before? And Lallulal (Anukalp) is going to take this lying down?

What a mess

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Archanafan

deep388 Groupbie
deep388
deep388

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 3:48pm | IP Logged
I so agree with everyone's frustration. As a gujju, I am appalled at how this fmaily acts and am not surprised if people come out with bad opinions of us after this show!Angry 

Also, the consistent way in which they put down Mona's "punjabi" family for not giving sanskaars to their kids and upbringing really irks me because I don't think it is fair and borders on racism...I feel bad for Mona's family as being the girls side of the family, they can't do much but watch on as they are insulted over and over.

Archanafan

April2007 IF-Dazzler
April2007
April2007

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 10:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by deep388

I so agree with everyone's frustration. As a gujju, I am appalled at how this fmaily acts and am not surprised if people come out with bad opinions of us after this show!Angry 

Also, the consistent way in which they put down Mona's "punjabi" family for not giving sanskaars to their kids and upbringing really irks me because I don't think it is fair and borders on racism...I feel bad for Mona's family as being the girls side of the family, they can't do much but watch on as they are insulted over and over.

Yep your are right, I am developing very bad opinion about Gujju families. What they are doing is pure racism and openly practicing hate for Punjabis.

I am surprised that Punjabis are taking this kind of insults. Most Punjabis will not take put downs and insults..there would be an all our war..with the girl leaving the Saural and living with parents unless the Saural changes their ways.

After watching this I am starting to hate Joint families..they just crush human spirit and make sure women end up with huge depressions and in therapy.

Btw, same Gujjus come to UK, US and Canada and eat at Macdonalds and at parties where non-veg is served ..no daram bhashat then, Aukalp was leaving for US, why they were allowing him to come to Daram Brashat country..(the mom is sad that by not going to US he has lost out)  will they clean all US for his Daram Brashat, all the grocery stores in US sell meat and veg under the same roof..all this daram  is very convenient way to control and abuse.

Edited by April2007 - 21 January 2011 at 10:44am

Archanafan

Archanafan Senior Member
Archanafan
Archanafan

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 11:14pm | IP Logged
Awesome post April.

Gujaratis are being shown in a very negative light and apart from that idiot Goldie, the Punjabis are the victims here.

I have known both Punjabi families and Gujarati families and I swear both cultures are so generous and welcoming to everyone, they both feed their guests delicious food, they both are respectful and both are what my dad calls 'dilaer'. Which means dil-waley.

But the script writers have their own agenda here and may end up stepping on some toes.

I'd like a bit more balance and some fairness, but then conflict sells and makes the viewer tune in, and up go the ratings.

Wait till Hetal marries into the Punjabi family and they ask her to prepare Punjabi food without her ever having learned to. They'll be more tolerant and will teach her, 'O koi gal nai putar, ham sikhadenge taenoo! Chhodo fikar shikar!'

The Gujaratis I know are wonderful and accepting, kind and tolerant people...and so are the Punjabis.

But this ethnocentric attitude is sickening.

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Preet Se Bandhi Yeh Dori... Ram Milaayi Jodi Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index