Math ANY 1: Star One Channel Heads - BAK 2 SKEWL

bDgT thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Aha!! U thought you were reinventing the wheel, weren't u? When you thought up that 6-day a week schedule for all your daily serials instead of the earlier 5-day a week.

Tell me how you worked that Math.

You were not able to get top reach, GRPs or TRPs for your shows with the current format that you make your channel available nor could you get some cable operators inline with some schemes for them.

All your shows, are running with Low TRPs, and then viola you hit on a plan to make it worse instead of reinventing yourself, you thought you would cook the goose and roast it more than medium or rare, now it is charcoal.

Tell me, if I am wrong in assuming that you did not want to pay dimes to some films or something when you can get some low cost fare from your existing production houses and some in-house shows.

But then - that ain't a brilliant plan at all. The erstwhile Doordarshan/DD tried it once upon a time and did not succeed.

Saturday/Sundays are for Reality shows/Comedy shows/Films and that is how it has been since some time. So why try to bell the cat?

But then if you really were thinking radically, you'd have thought of all those SHORT films that are in the market without a platform for airing.

Or you'd have thought of signing on new makers for shows that will be novel and radical in terms of content. Like for example, random 1-hr. or 2-hr. short films in the romcom (romantic comedy) genre that would appeal to your target audience. And that too from student film makers, FTII, Pune (Film and Television Institute of India), or Whistling Woods, or Jamia Millia Islamia,  or NSD (National School of Drama) or you could have featured PLAYS, theater, MIME, and so many other formats of  art and artistry that do not have a platform as of now in Indian Media to a large extent.

BUT NO!!

You had to do the impossible and make the overworked crew/cast/characters of DAILY soaps TOE THE LINE and DELIVER to YOUR FANCIFUL WISHES and TERMS or ELSE? Or else what?? I am curious to know the terms and conditions now......

Educate me or elucidate....please honor this fanciful wish of mine....pretty please

- NOT at all a FAN

PS:  Same post is also available on the other Star One forums

Edited by bDgT - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Prinsesse.Suvi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Is it even allowed to post this here? I think the other star one shows forum would be more appropriate for this,,,,
The short films idea seems nice, though😊
bDgT thumbnail
@Suvi: The whole channel is running 6-day/week schedule for all the soaps and Dhoond Legi Manzil is one of them. The serial too is effected and has a negative impact with quantity taking precedence over quality. This topic is very much relevant in this forum and applies to all the Star One soaps that are running a 6-day/week schedule.
Prinsesse.Suvi thumbnail
^^Oh ok😊
The last saturday episode was the same as friday's,- it was a stupid mistake but I guess all of the actors already work for so long and it must be really hard for them, I enjoy the extra episodes, but if it means poor quality, bad acting or excessive strain on the actors, then I would prefer only 5 days
and as I said before, the short films idea is really good, its better than repeating the same movies or playing old ones as they usually do
bDgT thumbnail
@Suvi: Yep!! The short films could be cool!

The problem is Suvi, the PH takes a lot of overheads due to this change in schedule - they must've booked their actors for 5-day/week , so now they have to pay them extra, pay the technicians extra etc., imagine the technicians have accepted some other project for the weekends - that goes in the toss too...and they are human beings too - they have families and need some family time - as it is they shoot 18 hours for a 22 minutes or 30 minutes of worthwhile film that you view (episode) - imagine how much they have to stretch their schedules for accommodating one more day of air time.It's really sad and the Channel should start thinking reasonably.
Prinsesse.Suvi thumbnail
Have you sent this post as a suggestion to Star One's website? You should, and I will too...so that they know that 6 days a week isn't really helping them to gain TRPs
bDgT thumbnail
@Suvi: I haven't yet!! Thank you for thinking of the idea!! 🤗