India-Forums

Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani
Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani

Math ANY 1: Star One Channel Heads - BAK 2 SKEWL

bDgT IF-Dazzler
bDgT
bDgT

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 10:55am | IP Logged
Aha!! U thought you were reinventing the wheel, weren't u? When you thought up that 6-day a week schedule for all your daily serials instead of the earlier 5-day a week.

Tell me how you worked that Math.

You were not able to get top reach, GRPs or TRPs for your shows with the current format that you make your channel available nor could you get some cable operators inline with some schemes for them.

All your shows, are running with Low TRPs, and then viola you hit on a plan to make it worse instead of reinventing yourself, you thought you would cook the goose and roast it more than medium or rare, now it is charcoal.

Tell me, if I am wrong in assuming that you did not want to pay dimes to some films or something when you can get some low cost fare from your existing production houses and some in-house shows.

But then - that ain't a brilliant plan at all. The erstwhile Doordarshan/DD tried it once upon a time and did not succeed.

Saturday/Sundays are for Reality shows/Comedy shows/Films and that is how it has been since some time. So why try to bell the cat?

But then if you really were thinking radically, you'd have thought of all those SHORT films that are in the market without a platform for airing.

Or you'd have thought of signing on new makers for shows that will be novel and radical in terms of content. Like for example, random 1-hr. or 2-hr. short films in the romcom (romantic comedy) genre that would appeal to your target audience. And that too from student film makers, FTII, Pune (Film and Television Institute of India), or Whistling Woods, or Jamia Millia Islamia,  or NSD (National School of Drama) or you could have featured PLAYS, theater, MIME, and so many other formats of  art and artistry that do not have a platform as of now in Indian Media to a large extent.

BUT NO!!

You had to do the impossible and make the overworked crew/cast/characters of DAILY soaps TOE THE LINE and DELIVER to YOUR FANCIFUL WISHES and TERMS or ELSE? Or else what?? I am curious to know the terms and conditions now......

Educate me or elucidate....please honor this fanciful wish of mine....pretty please

- NOT at all a FAN

PS:  Same post is also available on other Star One forums

Edited by bDgT - 19 January 2011 at 10:59am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

saphira7988Nirjhor105Prinsesse.SuviTOTAL-ROMANTIC

.Jane.. IF-Stunnerz
.Jane..
.Jane..

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 11:05am | IP Logged
Though your post went over my head but I do agree that this six days a week is a bad idea. The episodes are filled with fillers and we hardly get the lead couple Abhay and Pia! Everyone is getting more screen space than them. Though even one day, Sunday without the show is a torture for me but then I'd rather sit throught two such days of torture than sit through thirty minutes of the show six days a week hoping for a thirty second glimpse of AbhIya. That's just NOT done!

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

saphira7988monsoonlove--sanchita--TOTAL-ROMANTICPrinsesse.SuviCharu21

bDgT IF-Dazzler
bDgT
bDgT

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 11:08am | IP Logged
@Chill Out: Yep, that is what the post articulates!! That we'd rather have 5 days of quality work rather than have 6 days of sub standard fare where the leads are overworked and to suffice we have some random parallel tracks that do not make any sense or make us not watch with as much interest had the leads been there for at least much of the time looking fresh and acting with vigor .

Thanks for having your say on the 6 days/week schedule and for voicing your opinion against it.

Edited by bDgT - 19 January 2011 at 11:09am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

saphira7988TOTAL-ROMANTIC.Jane..

--sanchita-- IF-Sizzlerz
--sanchita--
--sanchita--

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 11:10am | IP Logged
Cant understand the post. But I dont want star one to change the format from youth show to saas bahu drams. I know saas bahu dramas and excessive glycerines always get high trps. But we youth suffers. We dont like  saas bahu soaps. At least there is one channel where we can see youth show. Due to this race of trp always viewers suffer.  And yes excessive work is a bad thing. So making again the shows in 5 days a week isn't a bad idea.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

saphira7988TOTAL-ROMANTIC

bDgT IF-Dazzler
bDgT
bDgT

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 11:18am | IP Logged
@Sanchita: Precisely my point. Having 6-days a week does not do anything for their TRPs but actors are overworked and PH is not able to do justice to the story or track and is introducing random characters and random parallel tracks just to be able to meet these stipulations of 6-days a week so may be we will get landed with stupid antics if this trend continues.

So we need to nip this in the bud as 6-days a week DOES NOT REALLY work to the advantage of the fans, the PH, the cast, the crew, the creatives, or even for that matter the CHANNEL itself.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

TOTAL-ROMANTIC

monsoonlove Senior Member
monsoonlove
monsoonlove

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 8:39pm | IP Logged
i didn't exactly understand your post..bt i do agree with you about 6 day/week schedule...as much as i would love seeing PKYEK 6 times/week..i would prefer quality of work over the quantity...
i would rather see the show only 5 days bt with good essence...
i dunno about other shows..since this is the only show i watch..bt they have been quite many filler episodes and scenes....right now i am like craving for abhIya scenes...
bDgT IF-Dazzler
bDgT
bDgT

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 9:47pm | IP Logged
@Kiranni: Glad that you responded, exactly quality should take precedence over quantity any day and if these 6-day a week schedules are causing problems then, let's go back to the 5-day week schedule

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index