Balika Vadhu

India-Forums

Balika Vadhu
Balika Vadhu

BV - Jan 19th 2011 - Written Update (Page 4)

divmath Goldie
divmath
divmath

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 2:43pm | IP Logged
Absolutely Priya....this daily show format is to be blamed..I agree there are a lot of crappy shows here as well, but you have variety and choice and dont have to put up with it everyday!...I am a big fan of USA Networks too...they have some very interesting shows, Do you watch White Collar and Royal Pains? Covert Affairs, Psych......I guess there is a new original series starting tomorrow...Fairly Legal....promos look good...Two and a Half Men is hilarious, love it..but that cannot me made in India due to explicit content...Tu Tu Main Main was soo much fun...So was Baa Bahu aur Baby...thats how I relate to SGP as its similar to BBB ! .I do remember Saans...very good story and acting by Neen Gupta... which dealt with extra marital affair, but in such a dignified way !...The golden days of Indian television were those DD days....shows like...Hum Log, Nukkad, Byomkesh Bakshi, Buniyad....sigh...

Edited by divmath - 19 January 2011 at 2:46pm

iloveidiotbox Goldie
iloveidiotbox
iloveidiotbox

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 2:50pm | IP Logged
I watch Royal pains and White Collar, don't like Psych too much, same with Covert Affairs. Anne being stuck on a 2 week affair seems bizzare. I terribly miss MONK, they can very easily remake Monk in India. My parents loved it when they were visiting.
How I met your mother is good too...kind of like Friends, although not as funny all the time. Nothing to beat Seinfeld. It is so sarcastic and humorous!
And not all good shows need to be funny...I watch some sci-fi shows too courtesy my hubby, and some of them are nice. Have you watched King of the Hill? I used to LOVE that show. And I love John Stewart show, Colbert Report, The soup, so many types of shows available, dunno why they are stuck with these saas-bahu types in India. And worse, they are all so old-fashioned and outdated!! Not like I want to see passionate scenes, but what's with most of the married couples not sleeping with each other? That is so odd and silly. It happens in almost all serials! Gah! So unrealistic!

Where do you live Divya
divmath Goldie
divmath
divmath

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 3:07pm | IP Logged
Hahahaha true...I am not a big fan of Psych either...but my husband likes it...so I end up watching! havent watched king of the hill....but I really like 24 !! so gripping...I usually prefer comedy as well as thrillers !! I liked Covert Affairs (not all episodes)  only for Aggie(the blind guy), he was kinda cute...I found that weird too..Annie falling in love in Srilanka...it had  a bollywood touch to it hahaha....I am a big big fan of White Collar and Royal Pains...love both Neal and Hank !,,,Evan..Hank's brother is funny too.... 

Even I dont understand why are Indian shows so backward....everybody is overdressed, with heavy makeup...some crazy storylines...and yes I am not saying they should show explicit kissing and love making scenes...thats not possible in India...but they can show logical stuff....this constant scheming and plotting in the same house...one brother's wife getting married to the other and all living happily...its all weird !! I happened to see this show called Laagi Tujhse Lagan while I was in India this december...can you believe...its a story about a girl whos mom used to apply black coal on her face to save her from goondas because she is good looking....hahahahahha....LOL beat that...and then she ends up getting married to some don ! hehehe

I live in San Francisco bay area.... what about you??? 

Edited by divmath - 19 January 2011 at 3:09pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

pallaipjyo

iloveidiotbox Goldie
iloveidiotbox
iloveidiotbox

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 3:34pm | IP Logged
Why didn't her mother just throw some acid on her face? That way its a permanent solution and they don't have to worry about spending thousands of rupees on kajal every month..lol.. LOL.  I just went to the LTL forum..what is with the unibrow on the lead female? So funny!!!!  ROFL Seriously don't know what is wrong here. I think in the beginning, some shows worked because of their traditional approach, so now they want to use the same formula lest they try something new and it fails. I have watched a lot of serials on youtube, will watch something for a week or two and if I like the story, I continue, else I move on.
So far, I haven't found any in the lot that has made me want to continue watching! I watched Geet a couple of days on youtube and loved the office comedy, but looks like now they are through with all that and are only showing the lead pair staring at each other and mouthing ridiculously saccharine dialogues..ugh! Most Star one shows are bad, tried watching a few regional shows, but those are even worse! I am giving BV another few weeks and then I will stop all together..the show is really going nowhere!

Have you been watching Hawaii five-o? Its decent, I love the locales, although its heavily digitized, its still amazing, watched Fringe for a bit, but even that one is boring now. I love Criminal minds...its very twisted but gripping. Modern family is funny too.

I live in New England area...we are getting pounded by Nor-easters one after the other this year!

Edited by iloveidiotbox - 19 January 2011 at 3:35pm
ammoos IF-Sizzlerz
ammoos
ammoos

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 3:55pm | IP Logged
Thanks Priya.. The story is moving so slow.. why cant they cut down some rona dhona and show what Jagya is upto or reveal Gauri's identity as soon as possible...
@Divya you living there.. Me just been to there last weekend...We live so close..LOL

Edited by ammoos - 19 January 2011 at 3:56pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

iloveidiotboxdivmath

divmath Goldie
divmath
divmath

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 4:00pm | IP Logged
Havent watched Hawaii five-o ....Criminal Minds is good...like that one...I want to watch Modern family..may be will start this season..I used to watch The Gates and was totally hooked onto it !! True Blood is good too...if you like Vampire series ! Its some kind of a vampire craze here in US isnt it? specially after Twilight series....frankly I didnt quite like New Moon and Eclipse..they were boring...the first part was good....donno why teen girls are crazy !

New England wow...must be difficult to manage with all the snow storms and blizzards...Luckily I am in the Golden State where the weather is lovely all through out the year !
divmath Goldie
divmath
divmath

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 4:01pm | IP Logged
Really? Where do you live Uma???
iloveidiotbox Goldie
iloveidiotbox
iloveidiotbox

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 6:58pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by divmath

Havent watched Hawaii five-o ....Criminal Minds is good...like that one...I want to watch Modern family..may be will start this season..I used to watch The Gates and was totally hooked onto it !! True Blood is good too...if you like Vampire series ! Its some kind of a vampire craze here in US isnt it? specially after Twilight series....frankly I didnt quite like New Moon and Eclipse..they were boring...the first part was good....donno why teen girls are crazy !

New England wow...must be difficult to manage with all the snow storms and blizzards...Luckily I am in the Golden State where the weather is lovely all through out the year !

Pa!!! No vampire sagas for me..Yes, when Twilight saga came out, I liked the first book and then the next 2 books are downright depressing. The last book is infuriating. I hate that the author is sort of pushing all her mormon ideas onto the reader. There is a blogger called Mark Oshiro who has these hilarious chapter by chapter review of Twilight saga. You should read it, its really funny. Google "Mark reads twilight"

Uma, yes, BV has become super-boring, so Divya and me are passing time discussing better things Wink

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

divmath

Go to top