Balika Vadhu

India-Forums

Balika Vadhu
Balika Vadhu

BV - Jan 19th 2011 - Written Update (Page 3)

iloveidiotbox Goldie
iloveidiotbox
iloveidiotbox

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 1:27pm | IP Logged
I was planning to start watching sanskaar lakshmi, are you guys planning too? maybe if all of us start watching it, then we can dump this depressing show! The only reason I come here anymore is to read your posts and comment

BV has been running for close to 3 yrs. I think they should stop it and come up with a fresh new show

Edited by iloveidiotbox - 19 January 2011 at 1:36pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

pallaidivmathpjyo

divmath Goldie
divmath
divmath

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 1:38pm | IP Logged
Any idea what the story is about?? Is it interesting?
 Apart from BV I only watch Sasural Genda Phool...you should start watching it...its fun ! slice of life humor about a loving joint  family, no scheming no plotting....far away from this depressing show ! and we can have some fun discussions too :-)

Agree...its high time they stop BV !!! Its just a drag fest now..

Edited by divmath - 19 January 2011 at 1:38pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

iloveidiotboxpjyoanu rulzSuchi-

pallai Senior Member
pallai
pallai

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 1:47pm | IP Logged
i just saw 1st episode of sankar laxmi .. it felt it was just like any other 1000 serials that get made.. infact all the elements were shown.. a  scheming sister-in-law, strict dad, one responsible son, one greedy, one autistic ... i am not soo looking forward to it....might watch it to see how vibha is doing there.. its been so long they showed her on BV....
i agree they need to wrap this serial up.. but i guess the greed of the TRP dnt let the Cvs close it down.. as the creatives themselves have confessed... that little jagya and anandi were not planned to be part of show for this long.....its it kind of losing its old magic.. and then they dnt show any sort of development in gehna track....ans also sumitra is same as ever...

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

iloveidiotboxdivmathpjyoanu rulz

iloveidiotbox Goldie
iloveidiotbox
iloveidiotbox

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 1:50pm | IP Logged
Yeah, I started watching SGP since Monday...looks like fun...lets see. just watched the promo for Sanskaar lakshmi.. it is same story....girl get married to a weirdo family, experience taunts and insults and then even after getting married, pati-patni rishta won't happen for atleast 6 months and there will be loads of MU's...hope I am wrong..I think I will wait to see how it goes and start watching after a few weeks/months.
Why can't they make no-nonsense funny weeklies?

Edited by iloveidiotbox - 19 January 2011 at 1:51pm

pallaidivmathpjyo

pallai Senior Member
pallai
pallai

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 1:54pm | IP Logged
seriously i sometimes wonder why can indian television produce shows like friends, sienfeld, every body loves raymond , kind of queens...

in all the shows the characters are just few.. but they make such a impact ...

divmathpjyoanu rulz

divmath Goldie
divmath
divmath

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 2:01pm | IP Logged
@Priya - ohh you just started with SGP....give it a week or so and it will start growing on you...its a very light show and I like the fact that everyone is happy and says everything on the face, love the lead pair...Suhaana-Ishaan are adorable....

So Sanskaar Lakshmi is like any other Saas-Bahu saga...hmmm...

@Pallai - I totally agree with you...when Indian TV can copy every damn American reality show...why cant they think of making some fun shows or spy series....I love watching even the reruns of Everybody Loves Raymond, King of Queens, George Lopez, Seinfield....and then there's CSI Miami, White Collar, Royal Pains, 24 ! there are so many shows which they can get inspired from.......but nahin...hamare bharat mahaan mein abhi bhi...Saas bina sasuraal, ram milaye jodi, pavitra rishta, rishton se badi pratha yahi hotha hai !! LOL

Edited by divmath - 19 January 2011 at 2:03pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

pallaipjyo

iloveidiotbox Goldie
iloveidiotbox
iloveidiotbox

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 2:03pm | IP Logged
The problem is this daily format of shows..CV's run out of ideas and every trivial issue is made into a huge deal. Last year I tried watching YRKKH and the few weeks that I watched had ridiculous themes, like eating spicy food, wearing wrong color dress...ugh!! Atleast with weeklies, you have some suspense, and more room for better story lines. I am sure the entire TV industry would never agree, cause they are mostly paid on an episode-bases, and weeklies don't have enough episodes

divmathpjyo

iloveidiotbox Goldie
iloveidiotbox
iloveidiotbox

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 2:23pm | IP Logged
The thing to remember though, even in US, there are loads of crappy shows, but since all of them are weeklies, and you can choose to watch only the ones  you want, there ends up being a lot of variety. Even here, I have stopped watching so many shows, like Desperate housewives, CSI, etc...they are all repetitive. USA network shows are good. I love Big Bang theory, Two and a half Men, they can actually very easily make Everybody loves Raymond in India...a few yrs back Tu-tu-main main was pretty close to it and it was not bad. Do you guys remember Saans? It was a weekly by Neena Gupta, even though it was serious, it was so addictive

divmathpjyo

Go to top