Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani

India-Forums

Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani
Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani

I dont see the 'Indian-ness' ! *EX PICS - PG 9* (Page 7)

Mrs.Jaysean Goldie
Mrs.Jaysean
Mrs.Jaysean

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 3:38pm | IP Logged
I really cannot understand Victorian dressing.

0o.Leah.o0 IF-Rockerz
0o.Leah.o0
0o.Leah.o0

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 11:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by yoyolo

ahahahahah I was ROFL when I saw Abhayendra and Maithli's clothes ! I was expecting Maithli to wear those typical royal beautiful indian outfits like lehengas or saris !! and Abhayendra ! God, he had gel in his hair. He was looking extremely handsome but I'm not sure gel existed at that time LOL

Ummm... indeed, they speak much more english than in any other tv soap. But I think they did it on purpose. Actually all these youth-oriented shows are very successful abroad : UK, US, UAE, South Africa... I am myself French of Indian origin. So, I think they tried to adapt the show to the viewers, as they knew that a lot of us are more comfortable with english than hindi. But, at the same time, my hindi improved a lot when I started watching indian tv shows. So it's true that when the show is in hindi, it helps a lot. Smile
Me too ! I was expecting Maithili would wear an Indian outfit, But whamo! Its victorian. I was fine with that but Abhay too ?? That got me raising my eyebrows !

LMAO @ the gel.

Yes. But the show is 40% English already. I dont want them to raise it to 50%. Its Indian. Keep it Indian. Trust me, the non-Indians will like it better then.

QUOTE=-YaRa-Forever-]I know right?? I feel its quite weird when they are showing Western clothes in 18th Century India! 18th century = 1700's! I think that time, the Mughal empire was still going on in India, even though it was not as powerful! It would have been nice to see some Islamic connections, rather than western! Don't deny that India was in contact with Europe...but that was mainly on the lands that had access to sea, like bombay,  and chennai!! And here they are showing that Pandher is located near Dehradun...which is a landlock city when it comes to oceans...as far as I believe! So this seems really stupid to show them wearing Victorian clothes!
Infact the victorian era in India came AFTER British invasion...so this really seems out of zone to me!! I wish creatives and ekta had studied their history well on this!![/QUOTE]

LMAO. So true.
The CVs didnt read their history books, I suppose.LOL

@nsminerva - BRILLIANTLY said. Well put.
And thats exactly my point. DMG and MJHT were sucessful shows too right? And they spoke mainly in hindi.
I dont mind Hinglish. But really, theres too much of it in this show.

@Mrs.Jaysean - Neither can I.LOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

BoredNCynical--AROMAL--Prinsesse.Suvi

--AROMAL-- IF-Dazzler
--AROMAL--
--AROMAL--

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 2:09am | IP Logged
i agree with u 
hum confused ConfusedD'ohalso

BoredNCynical Goldie
BoredNCynical
BoredNCynical

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 5:12pm | IP Logged
thnx @Leah Smile Exactly yaar.. me too don't mind hinglish to a certain extent and accept it.. but the level to which these CVs have taken it.Ermm..LOLLOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

0o.Leah.o0

_dkmystery_ IF-Stunnerz
_dkmystery_
_dkmystery_

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 5:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Suneshine-

LOL i remember a friend of mine made a post about them talking most in english..and everyone jumped on her by saying i DISAGREE

LOL...i actuly can't belive that the real ppl in india actuly talk that much in english....and i'm tired of the mixed hindi-hinglish...

they are indian..and should talk in indian...

very well said!

0o.Leah.o0

krystal_watz IF-Sizzlerz
krystal_watz
krystal_watz

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 8:38pm | IP Logged
Finally....a topic gets made on this!

Firstly, i would just UNDERLINE the point that Hinglish is over-used here. To all those that claim that modern day teenagers speak mostly like this -ive to disagree. Things were not like this at MY school, and i studied in an Engalish-medium. Sure, we do sometimes blurt out certain stuff in English, but not to THIS EXTENT. And neither do i know anyone close to me who does. Guess what they are showing, is the forte of conventiers. Trust me -most teenagers in India DO NOT use such over-the-top colloquial english lingo. A "cool ya" and a "move this stuff out" here and there is done -but that is it. IS IT. Besides, its not actually the hinglish thats the problem here. Its the manner in which its being placed. The way they insert random colloquial phrases here and there, looks most ....RANDOM. It does not look believeable at all...and some of the cast does not look really comfortable speaking them, either.

Coming to the clothes - would you all be so kind as not to get me started on there? I wouldnt repeat what so many others have already blurted......Victorian clothing in a 18th century era is JUST NOT NICE.ROFL..its not even funny! I see some people claiming that Indian clothing would spoil the gloss of the show -though its preposterous! Clearly, Ekta has  lost more than one marble here -maybe she got fed up of the heavy saris and jewellery in 99% of her shows, so she decided to let it all RIP- AAAAND make this one totally different....er, almost OUT-OF-THE-(historical) WORLD!ROFLROFLROFLROFL

Ekta ji -zaara sambhaliyo- atleast look where you're going! LOL

Edited by krystal_watz - 20 January 2011 at 8:40pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

0o.Leah.o0_dkmystery_

hey.bhaggu IF-Sizzlerz
hey.bhaggu
hey.bhaggu

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 9:18pm | IP Logged
@ Leah: And geography too!!Ermm I dont know if they even studied any of their social science classes!

@ all: About Hinglish...

Guys we should not forget that most of the kids in Mount college belongs to a rich family (excluding Piya...i mean ofcourse her father is rich, but she was brought up in an orphanage, a normal environment, while others always had this rich family influence over them!) So its natural that their lifestyle is going to be slightly more advanced than normal college-goers! And believe it or not...kids belonging to a rich family in india, they do speak more english than hindi!

I see people comparing the hinglish thing with DMG and MJHT...but umm I don't know but how many of you saw Remix?? The lingos used in that show was similar...and yet it was very popular in its time and the show is still remembered amongst the youth today! Infact it was Remix that brought this 'hinglish' trend as far as I remember! And that was because most of them belonged to a rich family as well...ashi being famous actress's daughter...tia being daughter of a successful business tycoon, yuvi being the son of a MP...and many others! As far as I have seen, Remix's lingos have been the most popular in the history of television!! And actually not even remix...starone prior to the DMG/MJHT era...in its first season with shows like Remix, SvS, Hotel Kingston, Special Squad...all its shows used Hinglish! THIS IS WHAT STARONE IS/WAS (?!?!?!?!) ABOUT!! It had always targeted the urban audience more than rural...until well that era ended and starone changed completely!! Ofcourse some shows didn't use to that extent, w/ the exception of teen-based shows...but they still did!!

I mean family shows like Sarabhai itself used such heavy english words that I am sure not many aunties and uncles in India would understand...yet it was soo loved and it is still loved! Now i am not saying tht it used hinglish as much as PKYEK...the frequency was certainly less...but that was because the targeted audience was slightly different!

PKYEK targets URBAN YOUTH...and so hinglish is natural! Frankly speaking, I am loving this lingo because that is something that I can connect to! Today's kids loves to be bilingual...and some of them multi-lingual! So big deal if there is english used in the show as well!! I dont see it as a problem! I am toh loving it!Embarrassed 

More than this, I think the problem with the show lies in its way of executing the story...if that had been well presented with logic, i am sure even you guys wouldn't mind hinglish that much and rather like it too! TongueEmbarrassed

Edited by -YaRa-Forever- - 20 January 2011 at 9:30pm

0o.Leah.o0

krystal_watz IF-Sizzlerz
krystal_watz
krystal_watz

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 9:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -YaRa-Forever-

@ Leah: And geography too!!Ermm I dont know if they even studied any of their social science classes!

@ all: About Hinglish...

Guys we should not forget that most of the kids in Mount college belongs to a rich family (excluding Piya...i mean ofcourse her father is rich, but she was brought up in an orphanage, a normal environment, while others always had this rich family influence over them!) So its natural that their lifestyle is going to be slightly more advanced than normal college-goers! And believe it or not...kids belonging to a rich family in india, they do speak more english than hindi!

I see people comparing the hinglish thing with DMG and MJHT...but umm I don't know but how many of you saw Remix?? The lingos used in that show was similar...and yet it was very popular in its time and the show is still remembered amongst the youth today! Infact it was Remix that brought this 'hinglish' trend as far as I remember! And that was because most of them belonged to a rich family as well...ashi being famous actress's daughter...tia being daughter of a successful business tycoon, yuvi being the son of a MP...and many others! As far as I have seen, Remix's lingos have been the most popular in the history of television!! And actually not even remix...starone prior to the DMG/MJHT era...in its first season with shows like Remix, SvS, Hotel Kingston, Special Squad...all its shows used Hinglish! THIS IS WHAT STARONE IS/WAS (?!?!?!?!) ABOUT!! It had always targeted the urban audience more than rural...until well that era ended and starone changed completely!! Ofcourse some shows didn't use to that extent, w/ the exception of teen-based shows...but they still did!!

I mean family shows like Sarabhai itself used such heavy english words that I am sure not many aunties and uncles in India would understand...yet it was soo loved and it is still loved! Now i am not saying tht it used hinglish as much as PKYEK...the frequency was certainly less...but that was because the targeted audience was slightly different!

PKYEK targets URBAN YOUTH...and so hinglish is natural! Frankly speaking, I am loving this lingo because that is something that I can connect to! Today's kids loves to be bilingual...and some of them multi-lingual! So big deal if there is english used in the show as well!! I dont see it as a problem! I am toh loving it!Embarrassed 

More than this, I think the problem with the show lies in its way of executing the story...if that had been well presented with logic, i am sure even you guys wouldn't mind hinglish that much and rather like it too! TongueEmbarrassed

Fine, if you put it that way, it does make sense...but that still does nothing to undo the dress faux!LOL LOL

0o.Leah.o0

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index