Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani

India-Forums

Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani
Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani

I dont see the 'Indian-ness' ! *EX PICS - PG 9* (Page 6)

--sanchita-- IF-Sizzlerz
--sanchita--
--sanchita--

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 11:01am | IP Logged
The point Sunshine and Leo are saying is valid enough. Hope cvs see this topic.

Befikre IF-Stunnerz
Befikre
Befikre

Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani 3rd Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 11:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Suneshine-

Originally posted by chakku

i knw dey don't use hindi or urdu because dey r not global languages whereas english is spoken almost all over d world......nd frankly speaking we guys do speak in hindi in our homes but wid frnds hinglish naturally cums out!! can't help itLOLLOL

I'm ok with it as long as they are sing some words..but not the whole sentence and with everyone..like in this show..even the parents are speaking in english and the kids are talking in english with their parents..

Beside if we talk about the viewers...the older ppl in age will just get confiused if there is a sentence in hindi and a sentence in english..

i knw i agree wid u in dat case.....but u knw wat star one is a completely youth oriented channel nd no old ppl watch it!!!! nd i think for dem only piya translated d definitions in dat vampire book in hindi if u remember.......
plus piya always speaks one line two tyms....first in english den in hindiLOLLOL

-Suneshine- IF-Rockerz
-Suneshine-
-Suneshine-

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 11:13am | IP Logged

i knw i agree wid u in dat case.....but u knw wat star one is a completely youth oriented channel nd no old ppl watch it!!!! nd i think for dem only piya translated d definitions in dat vampire book in hindi if u remember.......
plus piya always speaks one line two tyms....first in english den in hindiLOLLOL

I stil think they need to do some indian things...
Befikre IF-Stunnerz
Befikre
Befikre

Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani 3rd Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 11:19am | IP Logged
may because u r a non-indian... u  r fascinated to d indian shows vry much but we guys r bored seeing d same thing again nd again so were hoping for sum freshness which we found in dis show.......BTW where r u from??Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

kaushiki9

-Suneshine- IF-Rockerz
-Suneshine-
-Suneshine-

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 11:28am | IP Logged

may because u r a non-indian... u  r fascinated to d indian shows vry much but we guys r bored seeing d same thing again nd again so were hoping for sum freshness which we found in dis show.......BTW where r u from??Smile

u have english soaps u can watch...they are different from indian soaps...but if the indian soaps go sam way then there will b nothing special in indian soaps too...
TOTAL-ROMANTIC IF-Sizzlerz
TOTAL-ROMANTIC
TOTAL-ROMANTIC

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 1:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Chill_Out

Hmmm...you do have a point, Leah but frankly, I really doubt I would've enjoyed the show very much if it would've been that way. I like it right now even if it's ummm...a little wrong. Because we people speak Hinglish only, that's the language we identify with the most. As far as the clothes go, I really don't mind them either. Rather, I prefer the Victorian gown to a lehenga. And also, I love Abhayeandra's clothes! He looks amazing!Day Dreaming

Chilz..you again..said my heart felt feelings..Word to word..I really am enjoying this youth based show..with english percentage..which is very happening in India these days..

.Jane..

yoyolo Senior Member
yoyolo
yoyolo

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 2:22pm | IP Logged
ahahahahah I was ROFL when I saw Abhayendra and Maithli's clothes ! I was expecting Maithli to wear those typical royal beautiful indian outfits like lehengas or saris !! and Abhayendra ! God, he had gel in his hair. He was looking extremely handsome but I'm not sure gel existed at that time LOL

Ummm... indeed, they speak much more english than in any other tv soap. But I think they did it on purpose. Actually all these youth-oriented shows are very successful abroad : UK, US, UAE, South Africa... I am myself French of Indian origin. So, I think they tried to adapt the show to the viewers, as they knew that a lot of us are more comfortable with english than hindi. But, at the same time, my hindi improved a lot when I started watching indian tv shows. So it's true that when the show is in hindi, it helps a lot. Smile

Edited by yoyolo - 19 January 2011 at 2:23pm

BoredNCynical

BoredNCynical Goldie
BoredNCynical
BoredNCynical

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 3:08pm | IP Logged
@Sunshine... Nice points and I appreciate the fact that you are concerned about the loss of culture and authenticity in the Indian serials while being a non Indian, which shows ur love for it.SmileApprove

I know a lot are defending that Star one is a youth oriented channel and hence so much English but the fact it, it had other serials like MJHT, a college based serial, DMG and presently Geet, where the main protagonist Maan is a high powered business tycoon and all these serials have managed to get the biggest ratings and appreciation w.t.o having so much English in them and were all youth targeted.

So, I really don't think the Victorian dresses and so much English was really that necessary. The dresses I can understand, they prob. thought the male protagonist cannot be made to look dashing in Indian clothing of that time. **shrugs** which is kinda sad.

As some one pointed out earlier, at least with piya they make her say everything in both English and Hindi. It is irritating sometimes, but at least it reaches all the audiences.

And if as some one said, if Star one is targeted towards the audience outside India, then they should make sure to have sub titles and continue with the Hindi, so that those outside the country can still keep in touch with/learn Hindi as most of us did from Indian television, while staying outside.

Just my POV. So, yup, agree with U.Thumbs Up

@yoyolo.. yep, that's my point too. :-)

Edited by nsminerva - 19 January 2011 at 3:10pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

0o.Leah.o0krystal_watzPrinsesse.Suvi_dkmystery_

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index