Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani

India-Forums

Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani
Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani

I dont see the 'Indian-ness' ! *EX PICS - PG 9* (Page 5)

0o.Leah.o0 IF-Rockerz
0o.Leah.o0
0o.Leah.o0

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 10:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sanchitaroy

Originally posted by 0o.Leah.o0

@sanchitaroy - I am cool with the English usage, seriously. But I think its a lil over used to be honest. I just wish they cut short on that. Bas!

Hope so they cut it a little. But as I said I am over addicted to Abhiya.Wink and that's not a good sign.
We are on the same boat, buddy.
I am MAHA addicted to them too!LOL

0o.Leah.o0 IF-Rockerz
0o.Leah.o0
0o.Leah.o0

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 10:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Suneshine-

Leah - i have a question..i don't know if u live in india or not..but does the students wear clothes like T, her friends, tracker and the others for school?....it doesn't seem like they are collage students..but fashion designerz
Err...No.
But thats how Indian soaps usually are.
They show stuff that is not real.
You should see the saas-bahu dramas, they even sleep wearing all those heavy chudiyan and earings !LOL
So thats not a big deal.
-Suneshine- IF-Rockerz
-Suneshine-
-Suneshine-

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 10:53am | IP Logged

Okay not shudh Hindi...But HINDI atleast ?

Why not? Thats our CULTURE Kaushiki. Thats what defines us. Trust me, being a NRI and staying outside India since birth, I have truly understood how beautiful our culture is.
And cmon, it was 300 years old, maybe not dhoti and stuff, but curely something else, that didnt look SO in-your-face victorian?

EXACTLY what i'm talking about here...being a non indian saying this..it is the culture which made me watch indian soaps in first place...I love how the girls are girls..i don't mean they can't wear any other clothes..but i love it if they did wear traditional indian clothes

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

0o.Leah.o0

kaushiki9 IF-Rockerz
kaushiki9
kaushiki9

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 10:54am | IP Logged
got ur point buddy
bt v can't help it now......
i 2 want some sort of Indianness should b introduced in d show specially in ABhayMitz story....

Okay not shudh Hindi...But HINDI atleast ?

Why not? Thats our CULTURE Kaushiki. Thats what defines us. Trust me, being a NRI and staying outside India since birth, I have truly understood how beautiful our culture is.
And cmon, it was 300 years old, maybe not dhoti and stuff, but curely something else, that didnt look SO in-your-face victorian?

Befikre IF-Stunnerz
Befikre
Befikre

Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani 3rd Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 10:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Suneshine-

Originally posted by chakku

u didnot get me right..........i didnot ask u y u watch indian shows if u r non-indian?? i jst tried to tell u dat it is not necessary dat if we r indians den we have to speak in hindi only because we r not used to it.......i was jst saying dat u being a non-indian watch indian shows den y can't we being indians speak in any other language??
i mentioned also dat i m not being rude it is jst wat i felt about ur post dear....
Smile

LOL who said u can't use english?
i said since it is indian soap..it should be in hindi/urdu...have u seen any english drama which are using hindi/urdu while they are talking?

i knw dey don't use hindi or urdu because dey r not global languages whereas english is spoken almost all over d world......nd frankly speaking we guys do speak in hindi in our homes but wid frnds hinglish naturally cums out!! can't help itLOLLOL
0o.Leah.o0 IF-Rockerz
0o.Leah.o0
0o.Leah.o0

@Kaushiki - Hopefully the CVs read this.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

kaushiki9

hey.bhaggu IF-Sizzlerz
hey.bhaggu
hey.bhaggu

I know right?? I feel its quite weird when they are showing Western clothes in 18th Century India! 18th century = 1700's! I think that time, the Mughal empire was still going on in India, even though it was not as powerful! It would have been nice to see some Islamic connections, rather than western! Don't deny that India was in contact with Europe...but that was mainly on the lands that had access to sea, like bombay,  and chennai!! And here they are showing that Pandher is located near Dehradun...which is a landlock city when it comes to oceans...as far as I believe! So this seems really stupid to show them wearing Victorian clothes!
Infact the victorian era in India came AFTER British invasion...so this really seems out of zone to me!! I wish creatives and ekta had studied their history well on this!!

As for the lingos...well I don't see that as an issue! I mean I love hindi but I know that people in India speaks Hinglish! We think in english and so speaking in hinglish is obvious! I personally speak hindi/gujju at home but that coz this is the only way I can connect to my roots!! But if I go to India, i would speak in hinglish with my friends too...Its very very common in India! Infact I would be surprised if they dont speak in Hinglish! About raichands, well they have to catch up with generations...so I guess them speaking in Hinglish is fine too!Confused

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

0o.Leah.o0Prinsesse.Suvi

-Suneshine- IF-Rockerz
-Suneshine-
-Suneshine-

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 10:59am | IP Logged
Originally posted by chakku

i knw dey don't use hindi or urdu because dey r not global languages whereas english is spoken almost all over d world......nd frankly speaking we guys do speak in hindi in our homes but wid frnds hinglish naturally cums out!! can't help itLOLLOL

I'm ok with it as long as they are sing some words..but not the whole sentence and with everyone..like in this show..even the parents are speaking in english and the kids are talking in english with their parents..

Beside if we talk about the viewers...the older ppl in age will just get confiused if there is a sentence in hindi and a sentence in english..

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index