Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani

India-Forums

Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani
Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani

I dont see the 'Indian-ness' ! *EX PICS - PG 9* (Page 4)

Befikre IF-Stunnerz
Befikre
Befikre

Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani 3rd Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 10:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Suneshine-

Originally posted by chakku

LOL i remember a friend of mine made a post about them talking most in english..and everyone jumped on her by saying i DISAGREE

LOL...i actuly can't belive that the real ppl in india actuly talk that much in english....and i'm tired of the mixed hindi-hinglish...

they are indian..and should talk in indian...

@bold -india is a country where most number of languages are spoken!!! nd it is not necessary dat if we r indians we shud speak in hindi only.....if u r not an indian den y do u watch indian serials??WinkWink
@red- yup we actually talk like dat only......Smile
PS didn't mean to be rude but it is jst my POV being an indian!!!!

I watch indian shows cuz of the indian-ness in their shows..but not anymore...If i wanted to hear them talking in english i will prefer a english show...i'm watching indian show cuz i like the orginal language and their original culture..and whats up with that question btw?..aren't non indian welcome to watch indian shows?...

And i don't know why u are saying that cuz i have many indian friends who do not mix enlish when they are talking in hindi/urdu..

u didnot get me right..........i didnot ask u y u watch indian shows if u r non-indian?? i jst tried to tell u dat it is not necessary dat if we r indians den we have to speak in hindi only because we r not used to it.......i was jst saying dat u being a non-indian watch indian shows den y can't we being indians speak in any other language??
i mentioned also dat i m not being rude it is jst wat i felt about ur post dear....
Smile

0o.Leah.o0 IF-Rockerz
0o.Leah.o0
0o.Leah.o0

[I have no idea about shows but i know many non indians do watch bollywood movies..and that too the old movies..where they wear those beautiful indian saree and salwar kamezz
Those days are long gone, my friend.
Its all victorian now. LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Prinsesse.Suvi

kaushiki9 IF-Rockerz
kaushiki9
kaushiki9

hiii buddy,

sudh Hindi...........................
most of us would not b able 2 understand it......
and they r vamps of 21st century, they might b learning Eng even earlier than v did......ROFL
so their Eng should b better than us......

as far as Abhay's dress is concerned, i don'twant him 2 wear tradionals ex: Dhoti Kurta etc,(he can't afford shervaanis)ROFLROFLROFL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

--sanchita--Prinsesse.Suvi

--sanchita-- IF-Sizzlerz
--sanchita--
--sanchita--

Originally posted by 0o.Leah.o0

@sanchitaroy - I am cool with the English usage, seriously. But I think its a lil over used to be honest. I just wish they cut short on that. Bas!

Hope so they cut it a little. But as I said I am over addicted to Abhiya.Wink and that's not a good sign.
-Suneshine- IF-Rockerz
-Suneshine-
-Suneshine-

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 10:48am | IP Logged
Leah - i have a question..i don't know if u live in india or not..but does the students wear clothes like T, her friends, tracker and the others for school?....it doesn't seem like they are collage students..but fashion designerz

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Prinsesse.Suvi

.Jane.. IF-Stunnerz
.Jane..
.Jane..

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 10:48am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Chill_Out

Ok, seriously no offense but the language they use in th show is exactly how we teens in India speak and I'm proud of it. I appreciate your suggestion that if we're Indians we should speak in our language but let me tell you India is not about Hindi there are 114 major languages spoken in India with more than 1500 dialects. English is a very common medium of communication because since we were under the British rule, that's the only language everyone knows! For a person like me who doesn't understand south Indian languages, I have to speak English in South India. I don't know why you feel that if we're Indians we shouldn't speak in English. Anyhow, we do and like it or not, that's the truth which the show is showing too.

By using english is not helping u to understand..but it helps the hindi/urdu to vanish..
if so many are talking in english ..at the end the origianl language will vanish...

saying my openion..dn't jump on me

True. But that is what is happening, Suneshine. We can't help it. 
0o.Leah.o0 IF-Rockerz
0o.Leah.o0
0o.Leah.o0

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 10:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by kaushiki9

hiii buddy,

sudh Hindi...........................
most of us would not b able 2 understand it......
and they r vamps of 21st century, they might b learning Eng even earlier than v did......ROFL
so their Eng should b better than us......

as far as Abhay's dress is concerned, i don'twant him 2 wear tradionals ex: Dhoti Kurta etc,(he can't afford shervaanis)ROFLROFLROFL
Okay not shudh Hindi...But HINDI atleast ?

Why not? Thats our CULTURE Kaushiki. Thats what defines us. Trust me, being a NRI and staying outside India since birth, I have truly understood how beautiful our culture is.
And cmon, it was 300 years old, maybe not dhoti and stuff, but curely something else, that didnt look SO in-your-face victorian?

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

kaushiki9_dkmystery_

-Suneshine- IF-Rockerz
-Suneshine-
-Suneshine-

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 10:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by chakku

u didnot get me right..........i didnot ask u y u watch indian shows if u r non-indian?? i jst tried to tell u dat it is not necessary dat if we r indians den we have to speak in hindi only because we r not used to it.......i was jst saying dat u being a non-indian watch indian shows den y can't we being indians speak in any other language??
i mentioned also dat i m not being rude it is jst wat i felt about ur post dear....
Smile

LOL who said u can't use english?
i said since it is indian soap..it should be in hindi/urdu...have u seen any english drama which are using hindi/urdu while they are talking?

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index