Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani

India-Forums

Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani
Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani

I dont see the 'Indian-ness' ! *EX PICS - PG 9* (Page 3)

.Jane.. IF-Stunnerz
.Jane..
.Jane..

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 10:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Suneshine-

LOL i remember a friend of mine made a post about them talking most in english..and everyone jumped on her by saying i DISAGREE

LOL...i actuly can't belive that the real ppl in india actuly talk that much in english....and i'm tired of the mixed hindi-hinglish...

they are indian..and should talk in indian...

Ok, seriously no offense but the language they use in th show is exactly how we teens in India speak and I'm proud of it. I appreciate your suggestion that if we're Indians we should speak in our language but let me tell you India is not about Hindi there are 114 major languages spoken in India with more than 1500 dialects. English is a very common medium of communication because since we were under the British rule, that's the only language everyone knows! For a person like me who doesn't understand south Indian languages, I have to speak English in South India. I don't know why you feel that if we're Indians we shouldn't speak in English. Anyhow, we do and like it or not, that's the truth which the show is showing too.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

--sanchita--

-Suneshine- IF-Rockerz
-Suneshine-
-Suneshine-

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 10:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by 0o.Leah.o0

Leah - i'm not indian and it is just positiv to hear them talking in english if they were english..but they are indian for god sake... I have a friend who is from india..and they are living in norway..and yet when i visit her..she and her family are always talking in hindi/urdu...and no such english-norwegian words ae used by them

You are not Indian? OMG. How do you understand these soaps then?
Actually mordern day Indians do use a LOT of English words in their day to day language. I bet half of them must have forgotten how to say 'chair' in Hindi. Its that bad.

Thats why I am cool with the gang talking in Hinglish. But the Raichands? Thats just weird.

No i'm not indian..and not from pakistan either..and not from afganistan....i understand the soaps cuz i have seen many indian dramas..and cuz i like the orginal language which is hindi/urdu i started watching indian soaps..and learned the language from the soaps..but it is not fun anymore when they all are talking in english
0o.Leah.o0 IF-Rockerz
0o.Leah.o0
0o.Leah.o0

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 10:40am | IP Logged
Okay people. Calm.
All I want is the show to be a lil bit more Indian.
So that I can show off in front of my non-Indians friends and say- "See...thats an Indian serial you are watching"
Thats it.LOL

Edited by 0o.Leah.o0 - 19 January 2011 at 10:41am
0o.Leah.o0 IF-Rockerz
0o.Leah.o0
0o.Leah.o0

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 10:42am | IP Logged

No i'm not indian..and not from pakistan either..and not from afganistan....i understand the soaps cuz i have seen many indian dramas..and cuz i like the orginal language which is hindi/urdu i started watching indian soaps..and learned the language from the soaps..but it is not fun anymore when they all are talking in english
Thats nice, I am glad you like Indian soaps.
There are not many non Indians who do.
--sanchita-- IF-Sizzlerz
--sanchita--
--sanchita--

Ya this is a new trend. A new trend in this younger generation. Nowadays in college teenagers use such hindi-english mixed words. But dont worry there are other hindi shows in tv where there is shudh hindi. This show is an exception and I like exceptional things. At the beginning I thought why they use mostly english words but gradually I became ok with it. I love Abhiya so much that other things dont matter to me.
-Suneshine- IF-Rockerz
-Suneshine-
-Suneshine-

Originally posted by Chill_Out

Ok, seriously no offense but the language they use in th show is exactly how we teens in India speak and I'm proud of it. I appreciate your suggestion that if we're Indians we should speak in our language but let me tell you India is not about Hindi there are 114 major languages spoken in India with more than 1500 dialects. English is a very common medium of communication because since we were under the British rule, that's the only language everyone knows! For a person like me who doesn't understand south Indian languages, I have to speak English in South India. I don't know why you feel that if we're Indians we shouldn't speak in English. Anyhow, we do and like it or not, that's the truth which the show is showing too.

By using english is not helping u to understand..but it helps the hindi/urdu to vanish..
if so many are talking in english ..at the end the origianl language will vanish...

saying my openion..dn't jump on me
-Suneshine- IF-Rockerz
-Suneshine-
-Suneshine-

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 10:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by 0o.Leah.o0

Thats nice, I am glad you like Indian soaps.
There are not many non Indians who do.

I have no idea about shows but i know many non indians do watch bollywood movies..and that too the old movies..where they wear those beautiful indian saree and salwar kamezz

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

yoyolo

0o.Leah.o0 IF-Rockerz
0o.Leah.o0
0o.Leah.o0

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 10:45am | IP Logged
@sanchitaroy - I am cool with the English usage, seriously. But I think its a lil over used to be honest. I just wish they cut short on that. Bas!

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index