India-Forums

Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani
Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani

I dont see the 'Indian-ness' ! *EX PICS - PG 9*

0o.Leah.o0 IF-Rockerz
0o.Leah.o0
0o.Leah.o0

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 9:55am | IP Logged

Dont you all think PKYEK is  lil bit too...erm...western?

The victorian style dresses and all. I mean really, who wore that 300 years ago? Some of you argue, that Piya might have studied in london or something. Fine. But then what about Abhayendra? Why the hell is he in a victorian style clothing? Wasnt he just a peasant ?

And secondly, I know at lot of us are more comfortable in speaking English, then we are with Hindi. But i feel that the the dialogues in PKYEK are 40% English. I can understand Misha, Kabir and the rest of the gang using English terms and words. But I would have liked it better if the Raichands since they are supposedly 300 years old, talk in Hindi. Hell! Even the 'shudh' Hindi would be good too. It would add to the 'effect'.

Somehow I feel the 'Indian-ness' lacking in this show. I know the whole theory of vampires evolved from the west. But hey! We can have desi vampires too right?
This is just my opinion. I am not bashing the show. I love the show as much as you guys too.

Please share your views.

Please check Page 9 for pics.

Edited by 0o.Leah.o0 - 22 January 2011 at 9:21am

The following 25 member(s) liked the above post:

aewacutemugprincess329saphira7988masinsmithasrkRadiantTreasure--AROMAL--AnamikaSJainluvkasuAyesha05madmaxine.Comics_Music.MeekoRituparnaaTOTAL-ROMANTICkrystal_watzPrinsesse.SuviFallen AngelSilentsoulShivani_4ucarisma2....Poojie...._dkmystery_nisha80

Rituparnaa IF-Rockerz
Rituparnaa
Rituparnaa

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 10:01am | IP Logged
No offence....but yeah I too agreed with you abt that ancient era of Maithili n Abhayendra.........and evn Chand n Haseena....but may be they r just using it so that they can mingle well with this generation ppl !

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Aminah007saphira7988Ritzie

Befikre IF-Stunnerz
Befikre
Befikre

Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani 3rd Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 10:02am | IP Logged
Maybe because it is a youth show dey have shown d dresses of maithali nd abhendra like dat b'coz showing a princess like maithali in lehenga wud be uhmmmmm!!! but still modern kings' daughters did wear those kind of dresses but abhendra's dress was a little questionable!!!
nd about deir hinglish part i think we all speak like dat...dont we???? u knw wat....i find d characters of other shows weird when dey speak in shudh hindi....it is too typical hindi serialish!!!!
BTW i luv d way CHAANDEENA speak...LOL dey r modern mummy papa...over d ages dey have learnt to be modern (infact dey must have existed during d reign of britishers in india)

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

swathi.raoAminah007bloodlinesaphira7988mi-neepearl--AROMAL---sim-RitzieAkankshaa.bAkChOd.

0o.Leah.o0 IF-Rockerz
0o.Leah.o0
0o.Leah.o0

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 10:02am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Rituparnaa

No offence....but yeah I too agreed with you abt that ancient era of Maithili n Abhayendra.........and evn Chand n Haseena....but may be they r just using it so that they can mingle well with this generation ppl !

Maybe. But over-usage of English, dont you think?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

--AROMAL--

0o.Leah.o0 IF-Rockerz
0o.Leah.o0
0o.Leah.o0

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 10:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by chakku

Maybe because it is a youth show dey have shown d dresses of maithali nd abhendra like dat b'coz showing a princess like maithali in lehenga wud be uhmmmmm!!! but still modern kings' daughters did wear those kind of dresses but abhendra's dress was a little questionable!!!
nd about deir hinglish part i think we all speak like dat...dont we???? u knw wat....i find d characters of other shows weird when dey speak in shudh hindi....it is too typical hindi serialish!!!!
BTW i luv d way CHAANDEENA speak...LOL dey r modern mummy papa...over d ages dey have learnt to be modern (infact dey must have existed during d reign of britishers in india)

But they gotta keep it realistic too, dont you think? Lehenga would have looked good, actually. Cause thats how our princesses were!

Yes, that is how we speak. But ChandEena converse in english way too much according to me.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

swathi.raoaewa--AROMAL--

madmaxine IF-Rockerz
madmaxine
madmaxine

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 10:09am | IP Logged
Yep...I'm OK with the Victorian costume for the reason you mentioned, but if you must do Victorian, do it properly. No one, I mean no one in the Victorian era let their tresses flow like Maithili does. They always had it done up in some way. And yeah..Abhyendra in that costume...ridiculous. They shd have stuck to Indian costumes...more  realistic and less bloopers! Also, Indian costumes of that era (and this one!) are gorgeous. I see no reason to Anglicize everything.

I'm OK with the English dialogues except when Chaand says stuff like "sinking into the abyss". Nobody talks like that..you might write like that..but no one actually says that kind of stuff. That's my 50 paise worth of opinionBig smile!

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

aewacutemugsaphira7988--AROMAL--0o.Leah.o0....Poojie....

.Jane.. IF-Stunnerz
.Jane..
.Jane..

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 10:09am | IP Logged
Hmmm...you do have a point, Leah but frankly, I really doubt I would've enjoyed the show very much if it would've been that way. I like it right now even if it's ummm...a little wrong. Because we people speak Hinglish only, that's the language we identify with the most. As far as the clothes go, I really don't mind them either. Rather, I prefer the Victorian gown to a lehenga. And also, I love Abhayeandra's clothes! He looks amazing!Day Dreaming

Edited by Chill_Out - 19 January 2011 at 10:23am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

saphira7988mi-neepearl0o.Leah.o0ffkhanAkankshaa.

Rituparnaa IF-Rockerz
Rituparnaa
Rituparnaa

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 10:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by 0o.Leah.o0

Originally posted by Rituparnaa

Maybe. But over-usage of English, dont you think?
Completely agreed with you abt this over usage.......but again may be that coz they r showing them as the ultra mod cool guys n gals........still I feel u have a valid point.Over usage can be avoided.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

--AROMAL--0o.Leah.o0

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index