Maryada

India-Forums

Maryada
Maryada

Random Musing- Yet to Watch -19/1 (Page 2)

anshra IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 2:08pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Insom-mianoor_ayeshaBheegiBasanti

BheegiBasanti IF-Sizzlerz
BheegiBasanti
BheegiBasanti

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 2:12pm | IP Logged
Ani...did not see a written update for yesterday...was one done?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

noor_ayesha

anshra IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 3:12pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

noor_ayeshaBheegiBasanti

nbosted Groupbie
nbosted
nbosted

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 5:36pm | IP Logged
Agree with Jaya - But I have to say my favorite part of the whole episode was watching Priya with her family.  I always love the scenes with her and her Dad but, today was sweet.  I am a daddy's girl and I have four of my own little daddy's girls.  And I love watching how they show the love between a father and daughter.  Always makes me want to hug my dad too.

Insom-mianoor_ayeshaBheegiBasanti

Insom-mia Newbie
Insom-mia
Insom-mia

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 6:02pm | IP Logged
Just finished watching it.  Have to agree with you Jaya - not a great episode.  It wasn't bad but because there have been so many great episodes in the past, our expectations are high.  It was a "midweek episode."

The Uttara/Rishab interactions was definately taking one step forward and 2 steps back.  I was disappointed because he says it and then takes it back - so when he tells her later it will be worse.  I'm not sure how they're going to get around that.  Though Rishab's weak character that truly only thinks of himself is being shown even more clearly.  They are setting it up so that he will likely beat her again.  It will lead back to the cycle of abuse.

Not much to be said for the rest of the episode.  But ..
1.  Adi still irritates me most of the time - he acts and is treated like a child not a man. 
2.  And  I found Priya's dad saying/thinking that Chinu being admitted to medical school because of their new connections very hypocritical.  This is the man who is constantly getting into fights with people because he wants things/life to be fair and equal for all.  Yet, when he's got the advantage (UNFAIR advantage) he has no problems with it and thinks that the Jankars are such great people because they got his son into medical school without his marks being checked or being interviewed.  His character (Mr. Fair and Honest)  should have said NO - because if his son gets in someone else didn't get in or got bumped out.....

Edited by Insom-mia - 19 January 2011 at 6:08pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

noor_ayeshanbostedSky23BheegiBasanti

Sky23 IF-Rockerz
Sky23
Sky23

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 6:30pm | IP Logged
Agree with you SD or do you prefer Insom-mia?

It was a total filler episode.  Very hard pressed to say anything nice about it.  

Didn't immediately see the unfairness angle with the Pradans and Chinu's admission but agree doesn't fit in with the character.  

It's almost line there was been a change at the top with the Creatives and they have lost the earlier vision.  I hope they get it back soon and we are back on track with this great show.

Edited by lovtv - 19 January 2011 at 6:32pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Insom-mianbostednoor_ayeshaBheegiBasanti

BheegiBasanti
BheegiBasanti

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 7:15pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nbosted

Agree with Jaya - But I have to say my favorite part of the whole episode was watching Priya with her family.  I always love the scenes with her and her Dad but, today was sweet.  I am a daddy's girl and I have four of my own little daddy's girls.  And I love watching how they show the love between a father and daughter.  Always makes me want to hug my dad too.

Hey Naomi...I am one of four siblings...Big smile. Anyway...I usually love the father - daughter interactions but something was off today for me...the acting primarily and the overall screenplay for that scene. My favorite sequence between these two characters is a scene from back in November, I think, when Mr. Pradhan consoled Priya as she was unsuccessfully trying to sleep or something like that. Miss scenes like that!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

noor_ayeshanbosted

BheegiBasanti
BheegiBasanti

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 7:25pm | IP Logged
@ Insom-mia: Glad you watched SD.

The Uttara/Rishab interactions was definately taking one step forward and 2 steps back.  I was disappointed because he says it and then takes it back - so when he tells her later it will be worse.  I'm not sure how they're going to get around that.  Though Rishab's weak character that truly only thinks of himself is being shown even more clearly.  They are setting it up so that he will likely beat her again.  It will lead back to the cycle of abuse.

I certainly hope so...I mean I hope it leads back to the cycle of abuse.

1.  Adi still irritates me most of the time - he acts and is treated like a child not a man.

This is beginning to annoy me more and more. He is such a "signpost" character...every scene reminds you of exactly what his one-line character sketch is about...an impulsive, passionate, charming young man who is the "ladla" of his family or some such. Given how much more deeper the sketches are for some of the other characters, I wish Aditya's had the same attention to detail.

2.  And  I found Priya's dad saying/thinking that Chinu being admitted to medical school because of their new connections very hypocritical.  This is the man who is constantly getting into fights with people because he wants things/life to be fair and equal for all.  Yet, when he's got the advantage (UNFAIR advantage) he has no problems with it and thinks that the Jankars are such great people because they got his son into medical school without his marks being checked or being interviewed.  His character (Mr. Fair and Honest)  should have said NO - because if his son gets in someone else didn't get in or got bumped out.

Very interesting...I did not think of it that way at all. Given how Mr. Pradhan seems to fight for every rupee it would have been nice to see his character object only to be convinced by Priya or something like that.

Edited by darlunia - 19 January 2011 at 7:25pm

Insom-mianbostednoor_ayesha

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Maryada Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index