Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

India-Forums

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

Math ANY 1: Star One Channel Heads - BAK 2 SKEWL (Page 7)

sparikh IF-Dazzler
sparikh
sparikh

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 6:54am | IP Logged
Great topic!

I don't think 6-days schedule is working out.

First of all, they had to create a sister out of nowhere which really put me off...there was no sister when show began! Second, they couldn't find someone who can act...she's terrible! Third, the story is going nowhere! CVs can't decide what they should do with Maan-Geet. Srsly, last update I read, doctor is advising Maan to abort the baby!?! What is that...the baby needs to be born & Maan-Geet should raise this baby together!

-Sona

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Absoluv

Absoluv IF-Sizzlerz
Absoluv
Absoluv

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 7:28am | IP Logged
Excellent post dear Bri....Clap...some how v need to convey this to the StarOne channel that this is not working out...V fans r fine on Mon-Fri schedule as it allows the creatives to actually b creative & keep flow in the story....the actors r not EXHAUSTED & PERFORM BETTER...Mind U that Gurmeet & Drashti & other actors are still giving their 100% with kinda schedule....EXCEPT...don't like seeing a whole lot more of Annie-Arjun track....

But please StarOne....come back to the original schedule, let the CVs of GEET work thier minds on the quality of the story thereby giving us more & more & more of nice, cute, romanti, passionate, meaningful scenes of MAAN & GEET....Wink
SahSah IF-Sizzlerz
SahSah
SahSah

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 7:41am | IP Logged
This six day thing is so not working...
Star One was never leading in TRP'S
or to say it was never in the race.....
6 days have effect on geet and the quality is going down.
Channel has to rethink of their strategy

Edited by ansah - 20 January 2011 at 7:42am

Absoluv

shadowstreet Goldie
shadowstreet
shadowstreet

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 8:24am | IP Logged
excellent post as usual Bri which is also time's demand. so frst a thanks for bringing in the topicClapClapClapClapClapClap
So what are we discussing here is about quality & quantity & the most important word of telly world TRP. did the channel gained any rise in TRP with this new schedule? as far I know a little. But what did they & we suffer is the another question.
Now look at the 5 shows of Star One. They were suffering from lowest TRP. So the channel thought to increase a day more to have a rise. May be they suceed a little but what they did is damage to the story & sometime losing fans.
6 days a week schedule is offcourse a hard task. By now we all know that Star One's shows follow the feed back of the audieces. So they shoot less bank episodes. So ultimately what we get is a tired & complaining episode. A show run not only by the actors. Actor presents the final thing to us. The main hardship is always been done by the crews. Its a difficult job to change the set over & over. so when they have to do it in hurry the quality decrease & we can find many bloopers. the final outcome become so tiring & sometime draging & clumsy.
On the other hand, viwers get bored with such repeative & drag in story. May b the TRP gets a little high as other channel dont have daily shows on saturday but they have the reality shows which attracts audience. So automatically viwers get divided. They watch their favourite part of the show in Star One & swicth back to the other channel to watch some reality show or movie. Also Saturday is weekend. ppl like to relax with family & mostly ppl do hang out with family on saturday nights as sunday is holiday. So they obiously miss the episodes. So finally audience to some extent get divided & upset. And cast & crew of every show gets overloaded.
Now take an example of our beloved show GHSP, what it achieved after 6 days a week schedule? They went with the draging in story. they are draging a simple matter all week to cover the total time. Also they cant preasure the lead of the show always so they introduced paralel track but which unfortunately is not working. Audineces are not at all habituted with the new faces & new track so they are getting negetive vibe which is certainly not good for the show. Earlier when the  show use to end on Friday they created a cliffhanger position. So the fans think & feel the tense whole weekend & eagarly waited to watch the monday's episodes. But these days we can see that Staurday's episodes become more sweet to draw the attention of the viwers. So overall a big change happend.
Now the chanel has to decide. Can they bet their artist & crews health & storyline in exchange of little TRP rising. Or they shud go with new shows which can bring more TRP. think about it ChannelSmile
panchjun5 IF-Rockerz
panchjun5
panchjun5

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 8:51am | IP Logged
First of all Bri let me applaud you on coming up with this post...In the little time that I have known you...I've seen that you always think out of the box...and Bravo for that....

Secondly coming to the issue being discussed here....Yes, I agree the 6-day format isn't working at all...actually instead of giving the channel; the much needed TRPs it is making the shows go down the TRP scale...Why???

Well, every person has a threshold and when that is crossed he/she stops functioning...So, when the Creatives, Actors and Crew Members of the shows airing on Star One were asked to add one more day in their already choc-a-bloc schedule...they faltered !!! However much you try to prepare yourself mentally and physically to the grueling schedules...your body won't listen to you... it will shut down...And the first to rebel would be the brain...and when your creative energies are sapped and you can't formulate new ideas...you come up with garbage...and that's what is happening now....

The once lauded shows are being criticized and rejected because the audience is not able to connect...The USP of the shows.... their distinctiveness is lost...

So, I would say Channel Heads ...Wake Up and Smell the Coffee....This strategy isn't working.... If you are out of ideas then see Bri's suggeestions...I'm sure one of them is doable!!

And Once again Bri Exceptionally Brilliant Post!!!!!
bDgT IF-Dazzler
bDgT
bDgT

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 10:10am | IP Logged
Wow thank you Sharmi and Kavi!! I am quite floored with the immense support on this thread from each and every one that commented. Love you all!! Brilliant gals!

panchjun5

Sofna IF-Sizzlerz
Sofna
Sofna

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 11:06am | IP Logged
Bri......I believe majority predicted the 6day schedule would turn out to be a disaster..n it has..

TRP'z hav declined....looks like story is following.

Writers, editors ie th crew has changed....cast following suit...

I haven't been watching Geet since last 2 months....n Not at all interested in doing so..the charm has been lost for me...I really feel for the leads.... Such exceptional actors whose talent is being wasted with repetitive dialogoues n scenes!!!

This is Star One at their creative Best.....bringing the downfall of their own TRP puller!!!
bDgT IF-Dazzler
bDgT
bDgT

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 9:09pm | IP Logged
I agree Sofna, it's almost like Star One is on SELF-DESTRUCT mode

Sofna

Go to top