Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

India-Forums

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

Math ANY 1: Star One Channel Heads - BAK 2 SKEWL (Page 4)

bDgT IF-Dazzler
bDgT
bDgT

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 12:10pm | IP Logged
@Jyo: Valid points!! And the alternatives are already suggested in the first post - but see the thing - they are losing on the quality whereby, their 5 days TRPs come down and adding the 6th day TRP ONLY puts them back the same TPPs for the week as before when it was 5-days or may be even less as now they have compromised on quality for quantity.

The 6-day week does not work in their favor as the GRPs see no change and since they introduced the 6 day week their GEC has in fact come down according to TELEPEDIA, a weekly synopsis of television viewing pattern across different genres brought out by TAM Media Research

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

maaneet2010jyoti06

jyoti06 Channel Moderator
jyoti06
jyoti06

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 12:30pm | IP Logged
@Bri:I m not sure whether thier overall GEC has gone down becuase of this 6-day schedule or some other factors like ending two of their most viewed shows DMG and MJHT which had millions of loyal fans who stopped watching Star one and so their newly launched shows on those time slots could never get a good start...so that can b one of the factors for low GEC....mayb thats one reason channel was forced to introduce this 6 day ka schedule because the new shows never got even a decent startOuch...first we need to know the root cause why star one went for this 6-day option and then we also need to know whether the programmes that u hv suggested will actually get them above 1 rating at leastErmm....

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

maaneet2010

Soapoperasrfun IF-Sizzlerz
Soapoperasrfun
Soapoperasrfun

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 3:20pm | IP Logged
Bri, amazing post. Spot on. An absolute example of plan gone wrong. 
AnjanaYYZ IF-Stunnerz
AnjanaYYZ
AnjanaYYZ

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 5:42pm | IP Logged
If Quality of your product is down then Quantity of audience will not go up. Do the MATH.  Lord's sake what kinda red blooded youth hangs out at home twiddling their thumbs?  Not the audience you want.  

Edited by AnjanaYYZ - 19 January 2011 at 5:42pm
bDgT IF-Dazzler
bDgT
bDgT

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 9:45pm | IP Logged
Exactly GodHelpUs, Pippa, Anjana: Which red blooded teen these days mopes at home watching some romance on a Saturday Night when she wants to go LIVE ROFL

maaneet2010

adoremevirgo IF-Sizzlerz
adoremevirgo
adoremevirgo

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 10:28pm | IP Logged
from the very first day i heard the news back in november....i was vehemently against it...but then who am I...just a mere mortal....

the star one channel has their plans and strategies....eager to gift the loyal viewers of star one shows staturday telecasts...so what if the makers and actors fall ill due to stress...what if the quality of shows go down the drain...
we viewers r like goat...feed us watever they like and we r going to swallow....

but then....they r in for surprise....it is humans who watch their shows and not goats....

i put my sincere request to the chanel to take back their decision and give some respite to the makers and actors....
its ridiculous how extra unwanted characters r incorporated in the scripts so that the protagonists get some rest....

hv mercy on us and urself and do everyone a favour....spare saturdays...

-HJ-

-HJ- IF-Rockerz
-HJ-
-HJ-

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 10:49pm | IP Logged

hey thank you for the PM

well said!!! totally agree wid u....wen they r not gettin enough TRPs as they had wished then y r they takin toll on lives of the actors after all they r also human beings....actors hav come here to work but tht doesnt mean the channel hav any right to ruin their lives...

Armu4eva Coolbie
Armu4eva
Armu4eva

** Super Coolbie **

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 11:23pm | IP Logged
Bri..thanks a ton for bringing out this topic ClapSeriously... what was S.O thinking??? Star Plus had once tried this with Seven Days a week for its prime time shows...and guess the outcome.... a DIP in TRPs ..!! When S.O cant even afford to execute plans to increase the net reach of its channel... they come out with such horrendous and ingenous ideas of Six days a week?? PATHETIC...!!

I love Geet... I love Maneet...i want to see them 24x7 ....but lolz i get them just half n hour a day... does it make me love them less?? If the show airs like it used to 5 days a week... wuld we love Maneet any less???

The Fatigue factor is bound to creep in.... the TRPs of the shows are low.. and are likely to go down... !! Star One ..wake up before..either u lose the actors tired of slogging or the audience..tired of watching the same recycled plots.....

Go to top