Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

India-Forums

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

Math ANY 1: Star One Channel Heads - BAK 2 SKEWL (Page 3)

pippa IF-Rockerz
pippa
pippa

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 11:09am | IP Logged
Good one, bDgt.

Very bad idea....this 6-day business.

I think a lot of us anticipated this disaster way back when.

Forget the actors and the crew...even the sets are looking tired and worn out!

While the other shows in the channel have somehow got around this problem with some good storylines and good actors other  than the leads, who can carry substantial scenes, Geet's cvs and PH are slowly but surely killing the goose that lay the golden egg!

I don't know if the viewers of the other serials would agree with me as I'm not a regular viewer. But I can say this...the one I do watch other than Geet had the main lead missing for over a week and it hardly made a difference (to me, at least) as the rest of the cast carried the show so well.

Geet's problem is that they depend totally and wholly on its lead pair to get eyeballs. The writers and the PH are to be blamed as they didn't allow anyone else to develop.
Now with the 6-day thingy, they thrust unwanted characters at us, ruin the storyline, cut short important scenes of the leads, edit scenes so poorly that one pair takes up 15 minutes of air space while the other take up the remaining 15.....at least this makes it easier on us....we can change the channel after the first or second 15 mins slot  depending on when the lead comes on!

Bottomline: The Cvs/PH created a situation where the audience wants only Maaneet and nothing else....story to revolve around them alone. Unfortunately, they can't even do that properly anymore.
They shift good writers to new shows and replace them with witless ones who come up with equally witless scenarios and pedestrian drama ruining what could have been the best moments in television history.

I could go on but will stop here.

Why don't you post your thread on the Geet FB page?
It might not  wake them up but they might know that not everyone is pleased with what's going on.

Edited by pippa - 19 January 2011 at 11:11am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

noe23maaneet2010GodHelpUsmanduswan20Arwen.Blueberry_07

GodHelpUs Senior Member
GodHelpUs
GodHelpUs

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 11:14am | IP Logged
ClapNothing to add but here to express solidarity given that I agree with every single response to this thread.

One flip side I dint see anyone mention  and I think could be shared is that I am killing/altering weekend plans or getting back from them halfway just so I don't miss the Saturday evening episodeCry

Plus weekends have reality shows on most channels which means a war breaks out each time I reach for the remote over the weekendDead.

I have a bunch of angry folksAngry as also a whole lot of people cross with me because of thisOuch.

My vote: All for the 5 day a week format. Its in everyones best interestConfused.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

maaneet2010pippaSerendipity..Blueberry_07

geet.a IF-Sizzlerz
geet.a
geet.a

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 11:19am | IP Logged
Good point raised Bri!

Yeah I agree the 6 day schedule is almost killing the crew..and not garnering much trp's either..

Earlier we used to have reality shows and films right?
that used to be good...

The result of the 6 day a week is that we get tired actors and tired epis sometimes..

5 days of quality..even 4 days of quality...in aesthetic sense as well..rather than 6 days would be better

Arwen. IF-Sizzlerz
Arwen.
Arwen.

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 11:35am | IP Logged
star one shd stop being so kanjoos and come up with separate weekend programming ... this6 day thing ..i dont know what they have achieved but in the long run they ll lose out on the fans the shows/actors and whatever little trps/money the channel gets.

Edited by Arwen... - 19 January 2011 at 12:05pm
pippa IF-Rockerz
pippa
pippa

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 11:39am | IP Logged
@GodHelpUs:

You're right about the weekend bit. I want my weekends back when I don't have to turn on the Tv set. I want to go out on saturday nights and not refuse invites because I don't want to miss Geet....

No matter that there are repeats but who can wait till Sunday evening to watch it.

Sad but true...however bad or ridiculous the show has become, we don't want to miss even a scene...of course, barring the NE/ARjun ones......here, the jury's still out whether I dislike them coz they eat into Maaneet time or coz there's NO chemistry between the two!

Anyway, I want my life back and my TV set switched off during the weekend!

To quote your name, God help us!!!

Edited by pippa - 19 January 2011 at 11:40am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

maaneet2010GodHelpUs

BgblZoolander69 IF-Rockerz
BgblZoolander69
BgblZoolander69

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 11:54am | IP Logged
I think that this 6 day schedule should discontinue. It is evident that it's effecting the show negatively. Actors look over worked.The actors cannot give their best performance because they over work. We, the audience should not be able to see how tried they are, but we can.  Quality is poor. Even I as the audience can feel how the episodes are put together in a rush without putting much thought because they are on a dead line. The 6 day show has not improved TRP ratings, the TRP on Saturday's are the lowest compared to all other days of the week. Sacrificing quality over quantity is just pathetic! If your product is good you will make money no matter what...but churning out poorly executed scenes for the sake of making money will get you no where. The audience will watch when the quality of the show's are good due to lack of time (just one of the reasons). However the shows on Star One lack proper execution and enough thought to give us good quality. The TRP is low compared to other channels because of the poor presentation of the shows.

The 6 day schedule needs to end for the betterment of the channel and shows.

Trust me, most people are doing other things on Saturday nights, like going out or spending time with family and friends, then waiting to watch a show on TV.

Edited by Ann.A - 19 January 2011 at 2:51pm
swan20 IF-Sizzlerz
swan20
swan20

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 12:00pm | IP Logged
Bri plz post this link on the Star One FB page. The channel should revert back to the original 5 day schedule if they have any business sense....Ermm
jyoti06 Channel Moderator
jyoti06
jyoti06

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 12:04pm | IP Logged

I was never in favour of 6 day schedule and yes it should discontinue for sure because its affecting the quality of the show as well as the health and performance of the actorsSmile

But when it comes to the channel...They don't think emotionally like us..they r more practical in their approach...

One reason why they introduced this 6-day schedule was to increase their overall GECs for the channel which was very low but after saturday option their overall GECs saw a slight rise because whatever trps they got from all the shows on saturday only added to thier overall GECs...earlier they used to show saturday movies which fetched around 0.2 trps but with 6-day daily soap schedule,even if their 5 shows fetch around 0.2-0.3 trps ..the total trps will go above 2 which will add to that GEC....and since Geet and PKEK fetch above 0.5-0.6 trps even on saturdays,it only adds to their overall GEC count...So it reaches above 3 mark if we do the total of all shows...

So if they stop this 6-day schedule ,then they will need an equal alternative which can fetch them over 3 trps alone.,...only if we as viewers can suggest them such a alternative which can guarantee such type of trps,they might listen to the viewer demand and stop the 6 day scheduleErmm...

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

maaneet2010Angadzgirlpippaswan20Arwen.Serendipity..Blueberry_07Soapoperasrfun

Go to top