Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

swan20 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
Bri....wonderful post.

wrong strategy for sure.....probably the reason why Star One has never been leading in the TRP race.....
-pixie- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Bri...I agree this 6 day a week isnt working for anyone...every other day there is an article about some actor or the other blacking out due to fatigue

They need to go back to the drawing board and reconfigure their programming!

<Will come back later to post more>
Serendipity.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I so agree with ur post ..the TRP's arent reaching sky high..Thy are just the same..some fluctuations... but its NOT working👎🏼...the actors look so tired, and how can we expect them to give their best?... 
5 days with super performances is any day better than 6 days of tiresome actors... Even thy need break....i agree we cant get enuf of maneet, but due to 6 day schedule, we see more of parallel tracks which is mostly contributed to AA🥱.. And we all hate to see it🤢...
So 5 days wld be better, with maneet, few AA scenes... And GHSP shall be rocking again..(not tht its not, atleast GC and DD wont get this tired.😃)
maaneet2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Dear Bri, for a few days I was wondering why there are no posts from you and now I know why you were being a silent reader 😉 . 

Completely agree on your post.  I really don't understand the strategy of the channels or their idea of bringing in six days. Usually extra working hours or days are brought in when there's some kind of backlog, but in case of channels why six days ?? Just to increase the trps ? Instead of the trps  the number of disappointed fans have increased. And I am one among the disappointed fans. I would prefer quality over quantity. 🤓

"Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives."
liv2laugh thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I agree Bri. 👍🏼

What have you gained by 6 days a week
- your storylines have gone for a toss
- overworked actors who look tired
- we turn around and some actor or the other is sick
- substandard performances from actors who have been hired for parallel tracks
- your TRPs are not as good as they were in a 5-day week because the public also needs a break

You cannot choose quality over quantity, you will pay a price in the long run.

Go look for good reality shows instead. 😃
Edited by liv2laugh - 13 years ago
--Nargis-- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I agree 100% with what you have written.  I for one would love to go back to the 5 day schedule, especially if it means that we can go back to getting the IMPACTFUL episodes that we used to get before!!
pippa thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Good one, bDgt.

Very bad idea....this 6-day business.

I think a lot of us anticipated this disaster way back when.

Forget the actors and the crew...even the sets are looking tired and worn out!

While the other shows in the channel have somehow got around this problem with some good storylines and good actors other  than the leads, who can carry substantial scenes, Geet's cvs and PH are slowly but surely killing the goose that lay the golden egg!

I don't know if the viewers of the other serials would agree with me as I'm not a regular viewer. But I can say this...the one I do watch other than Geet had the main lead missing for over a week and it hardly made a difference (to me, at least) as the rest of the cast carried the show so well.

Geet's problem is that they depend totally and wholly on its lead pair to get eyeballs. The writers and the PH are to be blamed as they didn't allow anyone else to develop.
Now with the 6-day thingy, they thrust unwanted characters at us, ruin the storyline, cut short important scenes of the leads, edit scenes so poorly that one pair takes up 15 minutes of air space while the other take up the remaining 15.....at least this makes it easier on us....we can change the channel after the first or second 15 mins slot  depending on when the lead comes on!

Bottomline: The Cvs/PH created a situation where the audience wants only Maaneet and nothing else....story to revolve around them alone. Unfortunately, they can't even do that properly anymore.
They shift good writers to new shows and replace them with witless ones who come up with equally witless scenarios and pedestrian drama ruining what could have been the best moments in television history.

I could go on but will stop here.

Why don't you post your thread on the Geet FB page?
It might not  wake them up but they might know that not everyone is pleased with what's going on.
Edited by pippa - 13 years ago
GodHelpUs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
👏Nothing to add but here to express solidarity given that I agree with every single response to this thread.

One flip side I dint see anyone mention  and I think could be shared is that I am killing/altering weekend plans or getting back from them halfway just so I don't miss the Saturday evening episode😭. 

Plus weekends have reality shows on most channels which means a war breaks out each time I reach for the remote over the weekend🤢.

I have a bunch of angry folks😡 as also a whole lot of people cross with me because of this.

My vote: All for the 5 day a week format. Its in everyones best interest😕.
geet.a thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Good point raised Bri!

Yeah I agree the 6 day schedule is almost killing the crew..and not garnering much trp's either..

Earlier we used to have reality shows and films right?
that used to be good...

The result of the 6 day a week is that we get tired actors and tired epis sometimes..

5 days of quality..even 4 days of quality...in aesthetic sense as well..rather than 6 days would be better

Arwen11 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
star one shd stop being so kanjoos and come up with separate weekend programming ... this6 day thing ..i dont know what they have achieved but in the long run they ll lose out on the fans the shows/actors and whatever little trps/money the channel gets.
Edited by Arwen... - 13 years ago